Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    not blown away.

death was already our only attack to use on the move, Itll still be exactly that, just a little less of a loss. It will be nice in the execute phase though. Half of the 2pc buff is a win for the healer though... not a DPS benefit. Kinda strange.

the 4pc, I donno, apparition spawns are not 100% every 6.5 sec, nor are orbs currently 0%. If the gear specs are good, it will be good to have. Otherwise, Ill wait to see some numbers before I rule out nontier peices.

Quote Originally Posted by allaiva View Post
    People who commonly use dispersion for mana instead of a survival CD are kinda silly =/
    Depends a lot on the fight. Since we don't really know what the fights are going to be like just yet, it's hard to judge how the 2pc will affect things. Honestly in Firelands with the limited amount of multitarget, Archangel and SF seem to be enough. If we have another fight coming like Mal in bwd... well that will be a different story = /

I'm not sure im very impressed.

2pc is ok but its still buffing an ability we only ever use at the end of fights, and removing the mana regen ability of it. Granted i only use it when there are aoe/burst adds around that burn through my mana but it still removes it completely. making one of our talents kinda useless seems weird, well part of it anyway, Masochism will still be useful taking anymore than 15k damage gives us 10% mana still so... Compare this to lowering SF cooldown and 20% extra damage from it.

4pc seems meh. I honestly don't think we'll see that much of a damage increase off T12 4pc. I guess its possible that after getting it stacking mastery could be become better than haste, but we can usually have at least 1 orb by the second mind blast anyway, and with MB Cooldown it would mean we gain 3 maybe 4 MB with 3 orbs per shadowfiend. And probably guaranteed 3 orbs when moving around. Now a SF+MS+Wings combo would be interesting to test out though. Because that might give us some serious burst damage. Compared this to just a flat 25% extra damage to EVERY MB. T12 4pc works on 25% extra PLUS when orbs proc.

Will have to decide when some theorycrafting gets done. I personally dont care about opening dps its overall that counts.
    Last edited by Sikizim; 2011-09-25 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it looks really good, for once I'll get a good opener!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just silly to sit around for 6s of silence to gather mana when there are other ways to gain mana while still doing damage. No raid encounter has made me use dispersion (when i've played correctly) just to regen mana. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy the mana gain or don't spec into it, but it's 99% a survival button for me.

Still going to lament losing the 2pc from T12 with the shorter SF cd. A truly good 4pc would drop the cd of evangelism by like 15-30 seconds.

And the more I think on it, the proposed 2pc is only going to show it's power in execute phases... so that's 75% of a boss fight where the 2pc is useless.

Reading the priest improvement forums on the battle.net site last week, I saw a lot of priests' top complaints being rng orb generation at the beginning of fights and the fact that our execute, SW:D, wasn't able to be used in some situations, ie., baleroc with shards, too much dmg going out, etc. It seems that instead of addressing these issues and fixing it at the source (the spells themselves), they were lazy about it and just allowed the 2p/4p fix it for the time being. These issues will be satiated when people have their 2p/4p bonuses, but for the time up until everyone has 2p/4p and as soon as people drop 2p/4p, those complaints will still be relevant and not addressed. It just feels like a short term solution for issues that will still be there once t13 is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    4P made me pee a little, but 2P has me puzzled; what's going to happen with the Masochism talent?
    Same things occurred to me, 4P will probabaly get nerfed, but the 2P may cause mana problems on some fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the set bonuses.
    Possibly Overpowered, not complaining.

However, with that out of the way, i actually want to see the set itself now :\
    WTB T13 Pic for priests >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

I think the reason I feel the 4pc is going to be a bit op is that normally I nearly always have at least one apparition up... though also have to take into account sf won't be up as much without T12 2pc... it's hard to say really = / I mean with 100% chance to proc 3 orbs on both, it's hard to see when we won't have orbs up...

How did I not realize that SW: Death isn't going to give us mana anymore? x.x I don't like that at all! Mana is usually not an issue but on AoE heavy fights, I might encounter some mana issues =/

Quote Originally Posted by kakkon View Post
    Reading the priest improvement forums on the battle.net site last week, I saw a lot of priests' top complaints being rng orb generation at the beginning of fights and the fact that our execute, SW, wasn't able to be used in some situations, ie., baleroc with shards, too much dmg going out, etc. It seems that instead of addressing these issues and fixing it at the source (the spells themselves), they were lazy about it and just allowed the 2p/4p fix it for the time being. These issues will be satiated when people have their 2p/4p bonuses, but for the time up until everyone has 2p/4p and as soon as people drop 2p/4p, those complaints will still be relevant and not addressed. It just feels like a short term solution for issues that will still be there once t13 is gone.
    Indeed, but short term solutions buy you more time to develop long term ones
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Shadow seems extremely effective.

The 2pc removes that stupid backlash we all get which helps for encounters where there is constant aoe on the final 25% or when the fight (like halfrus) that has a gimp mechanic that can one shot you from backlash. Plus 55% bonus pretty much ensures that we won't be replacing SWD with MF next patch.

The 4pc is great, it removes the RNG portion of shadow orbs so we don't have to worry about ES falling off ever again.

Why can't the healing set bonus be this good?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    Love the set bonuses.
    Possibly Overpowered, not complaining.

However, with that out of the way, i actually want to see the set itself now :\
    WTB T13 Pic for priests >.<
    glitter... glitter everywhere! And bring back the toilet bowls from T11!
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    glitter... glitter everywhere! And bring back the toilet bowls from T11!
    We will most likely be last to be revealed..

....again...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

um 2 set damage is nice damage to yourself is BAD i want 8-9k mana back kthnxbai
    4 set ive never had trouble getting orbs and mind blast is always on CD for the rotation and thats not comparable to dks getting like 700 mastery rating def not

2piece, ok going to be safe to use in addition to being a pretty insane buff. I can already see pvp shadowpriests with their legendary weps getting free 2.5k rating with this change.
    4piece, holy fuck... as if it wasn't enough to crit 140k every ~15seconds (or however long you used to get 3shadow orbs) Now your shadowfiend grants you 3/3 aswell as your shadowy crap adds? Going to be insane OP if it doesn't get nerfed...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    I foresee many shadow priests taking starting agro and dying with the 4pc set, fiend, flay, flay, spike with 3x orbs, spike 1x orb, spike 1x orb, dots, AA, 3x orb 90% crit mind blast

Shadow priests are going to go from 0 to 50k dps in 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    2piece, ok going to be safe to use in addition to being a pretty insane buff. I can already see pvp shadowpriests with their legendary weps getting free 2.5k rating with this change.
    4piece, holy fuck... as if it wasn't enough to crit 140k every ~15seconds (or however long you used to get 3shadow orbs) Now your shadowfiend grants you 3/3 aswell as your shadowy crap adds? Going to be insane OP if it doesn't get nerfed...
    If you run into an SPriest in the Arena with the legendary in general, you're pretty screwed. Furthermore... who wears PvE gear (aside from a weapon or particularly good trinket) in serious arenas anymore? This isn't Wrath, the resilience changes fixed that nonsense.

If they overlooked the part about SW: D restoring mana through Masochism, it's possible that, instead of removing backlash entirely, they'll just reduce it by 99% or something like that.

Or re-work Masochism itself to something a little more user-friendly, in light of this bonus: "When you...damage yourself fail to kill the target with your Shadow Word: Death, you instantly gain 5/10% of your total mana."

In effect, it works the same way as it does now (since backlash only applies if the target survives), but it allows this 2pc bonus to function unencumbered.

Or it's possible that they are planning for there to be so much unavoidable raid damage that we wouldn't need the damage from sw: d to trigger it. Masochism