Thread: 2k Build

2k Build

I had posted my cheap build a while back, which I'll be giving to my nephew now that I have some extra money, its time for an early Christmas present!

I decided to go with amazon because that's where I'm getting my desk and chair, don't want to deal with different payments and shipping and I double checked Newegg prices and they really weren't that different.

Core:
    Mobo-Asus Sabertooth- $199.99
    CPU-i5 2500k- $219.95
    GPU-HD 6950 2GB- $269.99
    PSU-Corsair Enthusiast 650w Bronze- $84.99
    Ram-Ripjaws 8GB 1600- $82.89
    Case-Coolermaster StormSniper - $139.99
    HDD-Western Digital 1.5TB- $64.57
    SDD-Intel 320 80GB- $170.48
    DvD Drive-Lightscribe Dvd+/-RW- $25.99
    OS-Win 7 64 bit Builder- $99.99
    Total:$1358.83

Peripherals:
    Monitor-Samsung P2770FH- $299.99
    Keyboard-Razer Anans- $93.88
    Mouse-Razer Naga- $67.99
    Speakers-Logitech Z623- $132.43
    Total:$594.29

Cooling:
    Coolermaster fans - 1x 200mm - $15.40 1x 140mm - $9.83 2x 120mm - $19.90
    Cooler Master V6GT Heatsink - $52.49
    Total:97.62

Grand Total:$2050.74

Comments, criticism, suggestions.

what desk are you getting why you no post link?????
    "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools" Albert Einstein

Get this SSD instead.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Get this SSD instead.
    WOW that is a good price. x_x

I got it when it was $230. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by PickleYoDaddy View Post
    what desk are you getting why you no post link?????
    I am also interested in the desk. Seriously, not sarcastic. I am looking at desks for my upcoming build.

I don't have any personal experience, but I seldom hear positive remarks about the caviar green. Only $6 less for the 1TB Samsung Spinpoint. Depends on how important that 500 gigs is. Not really within the posted budget, but a Crucial M4 128GB SSD and a better video card would be the only things I can think of, but Intel is a good brand for SSDs and the 6950 is a fine card.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    I am also interested in the desk. Seriously, not sarcastic. I am looking at desks for my upcoming build.

I don't have any personal experience, but I seldom hear positive remarks about the caviar green. Only $6 less for the 1TB Samsung Spinpoint. Depends on how important that 500 gigs is. Not really within the posted budget, but a Crucial M4 128GB SSD and a better video card would be the only things I can think of, but Intel is a good brand for SSDs and the 6950 is a fine card.
    thats exactly why i asked for a link because i am looking for a desk for my new computer parts coming on monday, quite excited but now i just need a good desk
    "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools" Albert Einstein

Desk and Chair

The pictures on that desk might not look that great but its the exact same as this one (which is out of stock :[) and the pictures look great. The only difference is the one that is in stock has clear glass instead of black :/

And thanks for the SSD link, I was pretty sure that 80GB wasnt going to fit OS+WoW+D3+SWOTR+GW2 but didn't want to spend too much on the intel 120gb, but 60% increase in space for $15 more? I'll take it.

Also, I keep a lot of music and movies on my computer, I was actually considering getting a 2TB instead of 1.5 :x
    Last edited by Marrowwind; 2011-09-25 at 05:16 AM.

I would get an OCZ SSD instead one of the intel ones, they tend to have better 1.0 firmware and update more often. Also they tend to not 'break' as much and are more reliable overall.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled View Post
    I would get an OCZ SSD instead one of the intel ones, they tend to have better 1.0 firmware and update more often. Also they tend to not 'break' as much and are more reliable overall.
    You're about to get a firestorm....

I'll forewarn you: what you said is the exact opposite of the actual truth. You may find OCZ to be reliable based on your experience with perhaps one of their SSD's. However there are several folks on this forum, including myself, who had one or more OCZ SSD's die on them. The fact they have to update the firmware so often should tell you something.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Intel has had one slip up so far, fixed with a FW update. OCZ just has problem after problem, although my Vertex 2 is still working fine for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Intel 250GB wasn't so f-ing expensive, I'd love to get my hands on one. But paying literally 200$ more than another really decent drive is a bit much.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD