Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewanderer View Post
    Im getting on my PvP prot paladin 40k frostfires from mages and 28k ice lances (WITHOUT ZERKER) 20k backstabs from rogues 35k+ envenoms
    I have 4663 resi..
    nice balanced pvp... thanks blizz
    You have 200k health. And Word Of Glory. If they did any less damage, they'd never be able to kill you, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

This is what I've been looking for, just got more in-depth with PvP today.

sick thanks for the work

Just a quick note, I updated all the graphs a bit using a more accurate resilience rating to damage reduction conversion formula that Whitetooth from Elitist Jerks came up with. It doesn't make any substantial difference in the content of the guide since the old formula was pretty accurate to begin with, but the values are accurate to more decimal places now.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

Deleted
    As FC Prot Warrior I am feeling like stamina is better stat for me after reaching over 4800 resilience... so I am filling sockets with more stamina gems then resilience. At the moment I am 195k HP (unbuffed) with 4900 resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzeronoh View Post
    As FC Prot Warrior I am feeling like stamina is better stat for me after reaching over 4800 resilience... so I am filling sockets with more stamina gems then resilience. At the moment I am 195k HP (unbuffed) with 4900 resilience.
    You should regem to full resilience, it is better - Stamina Vs Resilience.

Here is something I wrote for another warrior FC who was gemming stam because he thought it was better, you should find it helpful:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -- - - - - - - - - --- - - -- - - --

Take a look at this example from the guide, it is the approximate stats of my character in full S11 conquest gear gemmed full stamina vs full resilience in order to compare the total effective health. Your stats should be very similar so this example should work fine.

If I gemmed full stamina I would have 10656 total stamina for an unbuffed displayed health of 196,594. I would have 4,965 resilience giving me 46.59% damage reduction for a grand total effective health of 368,054.

The 30% heal from enraged regen would heal me for 58,978 displayed health which would be 110,425 effective health.

If I gemmed full resilience I would have 9504 total stamina for an unbuffed displayed health of 180,531. I would have 5676 resilience giving me 50.82% damage reduction for a grand total effective health of 367,061.

The 30% heal from enraged regen would heal me for 54,159 displayed health which would be 110,124 effective health.

As you can see the difference in both total effective health, and the amount of effective health that enraged regen would heal for in both configurations is extremely negligible. Also keep in mind the only reason the EH amount of the 30% heal is close between the configurations is because it is a percentage based heal, flat value heals like those you will receive from other players will be much more effective with the resilience configuration.

The tiny tiny gain in EH you get with the stamina configuration comes at the expense of 4.23% damage reduction, which when adjusted for relative value (damage reduction gets more valuable the more you have) equates to a relative damage reduction of about 7.85%. That means that with the resilience configuration not only would you be taking roughly 7.85% less damage than the stamina configuration all the time, heals will be roughly 7.85% more effective on you than in the stamina configuration. Meaning that if you get healed just one time for 15,000 effective health (7,500 displayed health at 50% dmg reduc) the 993 total EH difference will be made up for. If you get healed for more than that (extremely likely as a flag carrier) the balance shifts so far into the favor of resilience that it’s really not even a competition.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I hope you found this info helpful Subzeronoh and will fix your gemming. But if you have your heart set on stamina it is no biggy, it will just make it a bit easier for my team to kill you should we run into you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    You should regem to full resilience, it is better - Stamina Vs Resilience.

Here is something I wrote for another warrior FC who was gemming stam because he thought it was better, you should find it helpful:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -- - - - - - - - - --- - - -- - - --

Take a look at this example from the guide, it is the approximate stats of my character in full S11 conquest gear gemmed full stamina vs full resilience in order to compare the total effective health. Your stats should be very similar so this example should work fine.

If I gemmed full stamina I would have 10656 total stamina for an unbuffed displayed health of 196,594. I would have 4,965 resilience giving me 46.59% damage reduction for a grand total effective health of 368,054.

The 30% heal from enraged regen would heal me for 58,978 displayed health which would be 110,425 effective health.

If I gemmed full resilience I would have 9504 total stamina for an unbuffed displayed health of 180,531. I would have 5676 resilience giving me 50.82% damage reduction for a grand total effective health of 367,061.

The 30% heal from enraged regen would heal me for 54,159 displayed health which would be 110,124 effective health.

As you can see the difference in both total effective health, and the amount of effective health that enraged regen would heal for in both configurations is extremely negligible. Also keep in mind the only reason the EH amount of the 30% heal is close between the configurations is because it is a percentage based heal, flat value heals like those you will receive from other players will be much more effective with the resilience configuration.

The tiny tiny gain in EH you get with the stamina configuration comes at the expense of 4.23% damage reduction, which when adjusted for relative value (damage reduction gets more valuable the more you have) equates to a relative damage reduction of about 7.85%. That means that with the resilience configuration not only would you be taking roughly 7.85% less damage than the stamina configuration all the time, heals will be roughly 7.85% more effective on you than in the stamina configuration. Meaning that if you get healed just one time for 15,000 effective health (7,500 displayed health at 50% dmg reduc) the 993 total EH difference will be made up for. If you get healed for more than that (extremely likely as a flag carrier) the balance shifts so far into the favor of resilience that it’s really not even a competition.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I hope you found this info helpful Subzeronoh and will fix your gemming. But if you have your heart set on stamina it is no biggy, it will just make it a bit easier for my team to kill you should we run into you
    OK, I've fixed my gemming according to your post... I will see how it will 'feel'
    I am 185k HP unbuffed with almost 5300 resilience now.

Deleted
    double double
    Last edited by mmoc44b12dd200; 2012-01-30 at 06:04 PM.

Dude eldacar I saw your fucking name on the new MVP posters blog by blizzard.

Yes, there was an interview with me in WoW Insider as well: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/02/09/be...rums-mvp-green

since i reached a lot of Ress amount (as a flag carrier)

should i start to get Stamina since the ress percentage start to decrease?
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    since i reached a lot of Ress amount (as a flag carrier)

should i start to get Stamina since the ress percentage start to decrease?
    The short answer is go resilience all the way. The long answer is this lengthy guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-(With-Graphs!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    The short answer is go resilience all the way. The long answer is this lengthy guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-(With-Graphs!)
    What are your thoughts on PvP-Power/Defense insofar as we can expect resilience to top out at about 50%, but the power will probably top out at 25% (one hopes) and that the speed of fights will actually increase as gear increases?
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    What are your thoughts on PvP-Power/Defense insofar as we can expect resilience to top out at about 50%, but the power will probably top out at 25% (one hopes) and that the speed of fights will actually increase as gear increases?
    It is really hard for me to get a feel on how well it will work without seeing some hard numbers for the scaling of both stats as well as how much players will be able to realistically acquire. The concept on the whole does sound promising to me, but the devil is always in the details. Once the beta gets rolling I will do some in depth research on the details of these new stats. Hopefully with some comprehensive player testing and solid feedback we will be able to help Blizzard get the numbers right before Mists launches.

I will say though that I don't want to see a disparity in scaling between the two stats. I feel like relative survivability and the average length of combat between equally geared players should not change much from season to season.
    Last edited by Eldacar; 2012-03-02 at 05:11 PM.

Deleted
    Great job with this

Deleted
    very nicely done and informative. thanks

Deleted
    Brain just melted So much math D;

It should be noted that if you are a tauren FC It is more beneficial after 48% dmg reduction to value stam high because of your racial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbraxas View Post
    It should be noted that if you are a tauren FC It is more beneficial after 48% dmg reduction to value stam high because of your racial.
    He's actually got a chart somewhere that illustrates that. And that it goes back towards resilience after a certain point too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All characters now take 30% less damage from other players.
    This can be taken in two different ways. Either, before or after normal damage reduction effects, damage is then multiplied by 0.7 on a character, or it can be baked into the resilience stat such that at 0 resilience, you take 30% less damage.

If the former, this reduces the effectiveness of damage reduction abilities in PvP, but does mean everyone survives longer.

If the latter, this means that the formula for damage reduction from resilience becomes y=1.3-(0.99^(x/79.12785)), where y is the damage reduction coefficient and x is the amount of resilience. This makes the hard cap 9480 resilience (100% DR) for characters of level 85 (there'll probably be a new formula for level 90 characters due to gear inflation), and further improves the value of resilience (as even though it has DR, resilience has increasing returns due to its effect on EH).

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 07:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    He's actually got a chart somewhere that illustrates that. And that it goes back towards resilience after a certain point too.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ith-Graphs!%29

However, if you're a Tauren FC, Resilience still blows stamina out of the water as there's a high likelihood that you'll get healed, as Resilience effectively improves the strength of healing on you, whereas Stamina doesn't.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2012-07-22 at 06:40 AM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1