Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I gotta say, I loved the whole Criminal Minds series. The series flows well from episode to episode, and although it follows the same predictable format being: Murder spree > Profile the UnSub > Arrest the wrong person > Someone else goes missing > Race against the clock to save person from the real UnSub, it does it in a way that engages you.

I'd seriously recommend it, if you have the patience to watch all 5(?) series, you will be well rewarded.

There is always a backstory behind the episodes, and the troubles and tribulations of each of the profilers is a constant undercurrent throughout the series.
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2010-11-04 at 10:07 AM.

One I forgot to add is Haven. I honestly didn't think I would like this show since its based on a stephen king novel and I'm not really a fan of the horror genre and him in general, but I have to say I love the show. I gave it a chance since it was on friday night when I normally watch that type of show on syfy and I got hooked. The characters are pretty cool and the casting was well done as the actors do a good job of making the scenarios believable. Plus theres actual jokes in there, not just the dry sarcastic humor you get in most drama type shows.

If you want a comedy I would have to say The Big Bang Theory. Easily the best show on tv. Finally a show made about 'geeks' and geek culture/life and its hilarious. I'm just curious what the ratins are like now that they moved it to thursday night and an hour and a half earlier.

Criminal Minds
    Dexter
    House

That's all I watch, really.

Deleted
    I'm surprised you're not watching Lost

DO IT

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to recommend one show to anybody, I would choose Fringe, just because if you've got a little imagination and are willing to appreciate the possibilities that may or may not be out somewhere in the world, it's just what the doctor ordered.

This season has really taken the show in a great direction, as well.

Just my two cents, hope all of you enjoy your pre-4.0.3 TV time, whatever show you choose to watch. :)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently watching (Listed by favorite) Psych, The Walking Dead, Community, Family Guy, Stargate Universe, House, The Office, Bleach, Fringe, 30 Rock, Naruto Shippuden, Lie To Me, Sanctuary, Bones, Futurama, Chuck, The Simpsons, Saturday Night Live, The Good Guys, and American Dad!.

They are all pretty good. Psych is my favorite because the main character is just like me and does what I wanna do for a living. The Walking Dead is a new zombie series that is pretty good so far. Community is a great comedy about community college life. Bleach and Naruto are the two animes I watch regularly but I should watch more.

Almost all of these are on hulu.com so you should check them out if you haven't watched them before. Also, if you haven't watched Firefly... watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    #1 Dexter (if you don't, you must watch this!)
    #2 House
    #3 Mythbusters (entertaining at a point)

Star Trek ToS.
    Star Gate SG1.
    Star Trek TNG.
    A few others in that nature.

I'm a Hardcore Science Fiction Fan and will love to recommend a good Sci-Fi to you, but the rest of the Shows out there and pretty much filled with pointless Drama and Brainless Sex.

Obviously going back a small number of years here, but how about Six Feet Under and The West Wing.

Neither are Sci-Fi/Fantasy, but both have huge arcing plots that go on for years.

[TV] Any recommended shows to watch?

Hey Mmo Community,
    as the title of the thread stats, any good shows to watch (please no female shows ((and no I'm not sexist, its just those shows don't appeal to me)) ). I started to run out of shows to watch because I'm all caught up in all the shows I currently watch (Californication, Chuck, How I met your mother, Outsourced, The big bang theory, and dexter). So any recommendations on what should I watch? (and if it isn't too much to ask may I ask why you recommended that show ((plot summary, type of show, etc etc)) ?)

Edit: List of Shows the Mmo Community recommended

30 Rock - The series is loosely based on Fey's experiences as head writer for Saturday Night Live. 30 Rock takes place behind the scenes of a fictional live sketch comedy series depicted as airing on NBC; the name "30 Rock" refers to the address of the GE Building where NBC Studios is located, 30 Rockefeller Plaza. 8 Seasons~ on NBC.

According to Jim - American sitcom television series starring Jim Belushi in the title role as a suburban father of three children.
    Canceled with 8 Seasons on NBC.

Arrested Development - The show's storyline centers on the Bluth family, a formerly wealthy, habitually dysfunctional family and is presented in a continuous format, incorporating hand-held camera work, narration, archival photos, and historical footage. Canceled with 3 Seasons on FOX.

Battlestar Galactica - All Battlestar Galactica productions share the premise that in a distant part of our galaxy, a human civilization lives on a group of planets known as the Twelve Colonies, to which they have migrated from their ancestral homeworld of Kobol. The Twelve Colonies have warred for decades with a cybernetic race known as the Cylons, whose goal is the extermination of the human race.
    Multiple Seasons/Series~

Blue Mountain State - The series is a takeoff of National Lampoon's Animal House and Van Wilder focusing on the football-centric university, Blue Mountain State, and its rather awkward team "The Goats." It covers topics of college life, including football, scoring with women, drinking binges, wild partying, and hazing.
    Season 2~ on SPIKE TV.

Boardwalk Empire - Set in Atlantic City, New Jersey, during the Prohibition era. Starring Steve Buscemi, the show was adapted from a chapter about historical criminal kingpin Enoch "Nucky" Johnson in Nelson Johnson's book. Season 1~ on HBO.

Bones - The show is based on forensic anthropology and forensic archaeology, with each episode focusing on an FBI case file concerning the mystery behind human remains brought by FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) to the forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel).
    Season 6~ on FOX.

Breaking Bad - Breaking Bad is the story of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a struggling high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with advanced lung cancer at the beginning of the series. He turns to a life of crime, producing and selling methamphetamine with his former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) in a desire to secure his family's financial future. Season 3~ on AMC TV.

Burn Notice - The series title refers to the burn notices issued by intelligence agencies to discredit or announce the dismissal of agents or sources who are considered to have become unreliable. When spies are burned, their connection to an espionage organization is terminated, leaving them without access to cash or influence. According to the narration during the opening credits, the burned spy has no prior work history, no money, no support network — in essence, no identity. The television series uses first-person narrative (including frequent voice-overs providing exposition) from the viewpoint of covert-operations agent Michael Westen, played by Jeffrey Donovan. The voice-over commentary is in the form of tips for fledgling agents as if for a training or orientation film.
    Season 4~ on USA Network.

Californication - The protagonist, Hank Moody (David Duchovny), is a troubled novelist whose move to California, coupled with his writer's block, complicates his relationships with his long time girlfriend Karen (Natascha McElhone) and daughter Becca (Madeleine Martin).
    Season 3~ on HBO.

Castle - Castle follows Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, a famous mystery novelist who has killed off his main character in his book series and has writer's block. He is called in to help the NYPD solve a copy-cat murder based on one of his novels. Season 3~ on ABC.

Chuck - The series is about an "average computer-whiz-next-door" who receives an encoded e-mail from an old college friend now working in the CIA; the message embeds the only remaining copy of the world's greatest spy secrets into Chuck's brain. Season 4~ on NBC

Community - Centers on Jeff Winger (Joel McHale), a suspended lawyer who was forced back into school after his college degree is deemed invalid by the state bar association because his degree is from Colombia, not Columbia University. The series focuses on Jeff's experiences while attending the Greendale Community College in Greendale. Season 2~ on NBC.

Criminal Minds - The series follows a team of profilers from the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) at Quantico, Virginia. Criminal Minds differs from many procedural dramas by focusing on the criminal rather than the crime itself. Season 6~ on CBS.

Dexter - Dexter is an American television drama series that centers on Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall), a forensic bloodstain pattern analyst for the Miami Metro Police Department, who moonlights as a serial killer. Season 5~ on HBO.

Doctor Who - The program depicts the adventures of a mysterious and eccentric Time Lord known as the Doctor who travels through time and space in his time machine, the TARDIS (an acronym for Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space), which normally appears from the exterior to be a blue 1950s British police box. With his companions, he explores time and space, faces a variety of foes and saves civilizations, helping people and righting wrongs.
    Multiple Series/Seasons on BBC.

Dollhouse - The show revolves around a corporation running numerous underground establishments (known as "Dollhouses") across the globe which program individuals referred to as Actives (or Dolls) with temporary personalities and skills. Wealthy clients hire Actives from Dollhouses at great expense for various purposes. The series primarily follows the Active known as Echo, played by Eliza Dushku (who also served as producer), on her journey towards self-awareness.
    Canceled with 2 Seasons on FOX.

Eastbound and Down - is a comedy show from HBO, starring Danny McBride as Kenny Powers, a former professional baseball pitcher, who after an up and down career in the major leagues is forced to return to his hometown middle-school in Shelby, North Carolina as a substitute physical education teacher.
    Season 2~ on HBO.

Eureka - The show is set in a fictional town called Eureka, Oregon, in the Pacific Northwest inhabited almost entirely by geniuses and scientists. Nearly everyone in Eureka works for Global Dynamics, a huge advanced research facility responsible for the development of all major technological breakthroughs in the last 50 years. Each episode features a mysterious accidental or intentional misuse of technology which is then solved by the town Sheriff, Jack Carter with the help of town scientists.
    Season 4~ on SyFy.

Flight of The Conchord - follows the adventures of Flight of the Conchords, a two-man band from New Zealand, as its members seek fame and success in New York City.
    Canceled with 2 Seasons on HBO.

Firefly - The series is set in the year 2517, after the arrival of humans in a new star system, and follows the adventures of the renegade crew of Serenity, a "Firefly-class" spaceship. The ensemble cast portrays the nine characters who live on Serenity. Whedon pitched the show as "nine people looking into the blackness of space and seeing nine different things".
    Canceled with 1 Season on FOX.

Fringe
    Gavin and Stacey
    Greek
    Heroes
    House
    How I met your mother
    Human Target
    Ice Road Truckers
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Legend of the Seeker
    Lie to Me
    Lost
    Lost Girl
    Mad Men
    Merlin
    Misfits
    Modern Family
    Mythbusters
    NCIS
    Nikita
    Outsourced
    Psych
    Rubicon
    Sanctuary
    Scrubs
    Six Feet Under
    Smallville
    Sons of Anarchy
    Spooks
    Stargate Universe
    Supernatural
    That 70's Show
    The Big Bang Theory
    The Defenders
    The Event
    The IT Crowd
    The Good Guys
    The Walking Dead
    The Wire
    Top Gear (BBCA)
    True Blood
    Two and A Half Men
    Vampire Diaries
    Weeds
    Wilfred

I will list more when people post more shows to watch lol

P.S When giving brief summaries of the shows no spoilers please (so we don't ruin the premise of the shows for others)
    Last edited by draksbow; 2011-03-09 at 08:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mad Men. It's pretty much a drama about the advertising business in the 1960's-70's or whenever, and Don Draper is quite the badass. Watch the trailer or the first episode imo. My favorite show on TV atm.

Alright I will have a look at it thanks
    Last edited by draksbow; 2010-12-05 at 04:59 AM.

I pretty much have the same taste in TV shows as you so these are some that i enjoy, they should be pretty easy to find on any torrent site.

Eastbound and Down - Years after he turned his back on his hometown, a burned-out major league ballplayer returns to teach physical education at his old middle school.

The Inbetweeners - An English show about 4 teenage boys and the stuff they get up to, very very funny.

Eureka - Eureka takes place in a high tech community of the same name, located in the U.S. State of Oregon (Washington in the pilot) and inhabited entirely by brilliant scientists working on new scientific advancements.

Wilfred - Each episode follows the story about a girl named Sarah, her dog Wilfred and her boyfriend, Adam. After their first date, Adam goes home with Sarah and meets a scruffy dog, but only Adam sees Wilfred as an adult male, dressed blatantly in a dog costume. The dog develops a grudge on his owner's new boyfriend and tests out to see if he is capable of being his new "daddy". So an unsuspecting Adam who is keen on winning Sarah's heart has Wilfred to contend with.

Battlestar Galactica, frakkin' a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jizmac View Post
    I pretty much have the same taste in TV shows as you so these are some that i enjoy, they should be pretty easy to find on any torrent site.

Eastbound and Down - Years after he turned his back on his hometown, a burned-out major league ballplayer returns to teach physical education at his old middle school.

The Inbetweeners - An English show about 4 teenage boys and the stuff they get up to, very very funny.

Eureka - Eureka takes place in a high tech community of the same name, located in the U.S. State of Oregon (Washington in the pilot) and inhabited entirely by brilliant scientists working on new scientific advancements.

Wilfred - Each episode follows the story about a girl named Sarah, her dog Wilfred and her boyfriend, Adam. After their first date, Adam goes home with Sarah and meets a scruffy dog, but only Adam sees Wilfred as an adult male, dressed blatantly in a dog costume. The dog develops a grudge on his owner's new boyfriend and tests out to see if he is capable of being his new "daddy". So an unsuspecting Adam who is keen on winning Sarah's heart has Wilfred to contend with.
    Thanks Jizmac!

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 06:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Battlestar Galactica, frakkin' a right.
    Alright I will check this out as well :O

Dexter.

It doesn't matter if you're already watching it, it's good enough to go back and watch all over again.

It seems you already watch what I was going to suggest. lol

Hasn't a new season of Psych started? It's pretty good.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Eastbound and down series 1 was awesome....series 2 sucks :S

I recently started watching Gavin and Stacey and ended up getting hooked...I bought the dvd boxset and watched all 3 seasons...so yeah Gavin and Stacey is pretty good id give that a try and see if you like it

Its a British show so I dunno if you will get British humour

Doctor Who
    The Walking Dead
    The Big Bang Theory
    Psych
    Mythbusters
    Top Gear (BBCA)
    And I'm a big NCIS fan

These are pretty much 90% of the TV I watch lately.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org