LF Computer Builds Advice

I found this thread, mmo-champion.com/threads/879505-quot-Sweet-Spot-quot-Build

I really like the first two builds but with the last update being 3 months ago I'm wondering if these builds are still a way to go?

Planning on my first build and my next question is should I wait a bit longer for any potential sales with the holiday season coming up?

Oh and if you have any links to share about building a computer I'd be interested in checking them out.

EDIT: More so links to what to do after you put everything together and turn it on and installing OS

Thanks,
    Nervous First Time Builder
    Last edited by Morningmeal; 2011-09-26 at 03:45 AM.

The prices may not be accurate, but the parts are.
    Both builds would work quite well, depending on what you would use it for.
    Speaking of which, what resolution does your monitor have, and, what games will you be playing it with?

You get more for what you're paying with with the more expensive one, in my opinion. Cut out the CPU-cooler and it gets less expensive.
    But the lesser one isn't very bad.

Regardless, thanks to price-changes, I will recommend either
    THIS GPU for less money over either of the two listed ones, USD 79.99 after mail-in-rebate
    -or-
    THIS GPU for more money (but a better GPU than a 768MiB 460), USD 119.99 after mail-in-rebate.

As for waiting/buy now, I wouldn't know; I'm not American and I have no experience with your seasonal price-fluctuations.
    If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

My screen resolution is 1680 x 1050. More casual wow player now so I don't need anything spectacular and League of Legends which isn't that demanding.

Thanks for the reply - <3 Dr. Horrible btw =P

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Links can be found here. Should be a guide somewhere in there.

Without knowing your budget it is hard to offer advice on which GPU you should roll with. Either of the ones Tetris has linked will be fine for casual WoW and LoL play.