Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

warlock with legendary on HC Rag - poor performance

our warlock recently got the legendary staff (h-tee-tee-pee(colon)//us(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/azgalor/Elysha/simple) but didnt like what we saw last night. is affliction gimp for this fight??

logs from last night are h-tee-tee-pee(colon)//worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/rt-czjmo1r0csbgpnaw/sum/damageDone/

many raid members are questioning the decision to give it to her first (she's a female officer, go figure) and our hopes of getting a heroic ragnaros kill are looking rather slim. how can we approach her without offending her?

of course dps isn't the end all that be's all, but we were simply expecting... more.

suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-09-26 at 12:54 PM.

Considering you were 2/7 pre nerf Id assume she just a bad player. Not only that but if you weren't 6/7 pre nerf you wont be killing heroic rag for a while.
    Last edited by Veroly; 2011-09-26 at 12:47 PM.

She is demonology. It just seems you are angry because a female officer got the legendary.

I'd be more concerned with the arcane mage and MM hunter not reaching 20k (and dying from engulfing flame on the normal kill).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    She is demonology. It just seems you are angry because a female officer got the legendary.
    She was pulling 18k DPS in a mix of normal/heroic FL gear WITH the legendary staff. Pretty sure his concern is valid .

you had a few tries on ragnaros hc but no 4min+ one. affliction shines below 25% which would be phase 3 which is the only dps race (well .. was before those nerfs) and sub 25% in phase 4. what i see is that she has a quite poor dot-uptime and she might be a bad player. many girls aren't that good with classes that need more than just a few buttons to press.
    my girlfriend was good with her warlock in classic and tbc when you didn't need to press too many keys (curse+sb spam). in cataclysm she does fine with an arcane mage but every other class gives her problems. okay, she does not want to learn and practice any other speccs that are too complicated, but this girl you have in your raid maybe somehow the same :P
    +++ Why Me - Wrathbringer EU +++
    ~~~ Vilden ~~~
    7/7 Heroic - 25man: World 18th - German 2nd

Deleted
    Our lock is pulling around 25k with the staff in 378/391 gear-ish, 10man raid. He's Demo though.

She's demo for the fight, not affli, which is the lowest performing staff caster.

I don't know how to post this without being rude, but her damage breakdown (as well as several of your other raiders) is just all over the place. Looking at one log, she has 47 fel flames in phase 1 as demo, she's not bringing out her felhunter for single target, she doesn't have much mastery, and she's not using meta on cooldown. It's an underwhelming spec for the staff to be sure, but there's a lot more than that going on here.

she needs to use unstable affliction instead of immolate and also she needs to start using haunt (kinda important for aff lock)

edit: nvm this, just saw that you posted she was demo and not aff.

Deleted
    That's rather pathetic.

Are you sure she's reading the class specific threads on EJ the least? They can easily improve her play.
    Else try asking some of your other warlocks to help her out, give her advice etc.

It seems to me that overall your guild just messed up and that arcane mage at the top of the charts was a much better candidate for the staff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar View Post
    she needs to use unstable affliction instead of immolate and also she needs to start using haunt (kinda important for aff lock)

edit: nvm this, just saw that you posted she was demo and not aff.
    yeah, coz the fact that you saw hand of gul'dan in there shouldnt be an indicator
    confront her.what else can you do? if you wanna do HC rag you might consider not carrying bads. even after the nerf

Deleted
    Whoever gets the staff first is never a question of "who does the most damage". It's the person with the highest DKP mixed with attendance. After all, if you suck you wouldn't get a raidspot anyways right?

our hopes of getting a heroic ragnaros kill are looking rather slim
    You were expecting a heroic Ragnaros kill because someone in your group has the legendary? It's no I-Win button you know...

Deleted
    I'd be worried about any dps Below Kikipaki, Especially the hunters, they should be top, But indeed it looks like you have an issue if you're warlock is only doing 20k, Maybe get her to do some research, and quite a few others of your raiders.

what i dont understand is if she is that bad why is she being even taken on HC mode raids let alone being the choice for the legendary staff :S.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's using wrong gems, and wrong reforge. Demo lock should go for Mastery, not haste!
    Wait for the mirror to proc, use the moonwell, pop Meta > WIN!

So yeah, nuffin wrong with the staff. Bad player i'd say

Approaching any female, staff or otherwise, with a performance issue will offend her. Hell any player you have to tell to their face, your not playing well will either get offended or fix it but on the internetz offended is the reaction from the majority.

from what i see u just wasted a legendary. male, female, panda or alien. whoever plays that toon is seriously underperforming. PERIOD.

and to be frank. wtf has the fact its a female player got to do with anything?

many girls aren't that good with classes that need more than just a few buttons to press.
    With dumbass comments like that i seriously doubt you have a girlfriend to relate this to.

Boobs. Getting girls loot without deserving it since 2004.

Useless posts. Getting infractions since 2004. ~Prozac
    Last edited by mmocd9f934ed2c; 2011-09-26 at 03:28 PM.