Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just made a priest

Just made a priest and I'm not sure what specs to pick later on.

I want to do healing, so I'm going to pick holy.
    And damage, whats the best damage spec?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Considering that shadow is the only dps spec for priests, I'd say shadow.

Deleted
    Holy is the best damage-specc.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Shadow is the only dps spec - true. But you can easily level as Disc or Holy, spamming Smite, Penance and Holy Fire.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-09-26 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Just fix the mistake next time instead of re-typing it!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackz View Post
    Just made a priest and I'm not sure what specs to pick later on.

I want to do healing, so I'm going to pick holy.
    And damage, whats the best damage spec?

Thanks.
    Not sure if trolling? Alright, you can do dmg as holy/disc, but Shadow is the only DPS specc for a priest. So yeah, shadow.

yes this must be a troll, i get accused of it for not trolling so yes he is, either that or really really dumb, so dumb wtf are you doing playing wow

For levelling, it doesn't matter. Heal as shadow if you prefer.
    For lvl 81-85, disc has better mana regen, and holy has stronger heals. Word on the street is that holy is slightly easier to carry a fail group, but honestly, it's more of a playstyle thing.
    For lvl 85 heroics that you undergear, the same deal applies. For lvl 85 heroics that you overgear, holy is probably easier.
    For lvl 85 normalmode raids, holy and disc can both do the job, but disc is probably going to make the raid wipe less.
    For lvl 85 heroic raids, holy is all but a dead spec.

And if you want to go DPS on your priest, word on the street is that shadow is the spec of choice. I am not sure if this is supposed to be a surprise or not.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Everyone should make a priest. Religious army is on the march!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Shadow and holy are both fun and effective imo. Personally, I hate disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

I used to love Discipline, I am not sure how it changed since January though, but it is very fun in my opinion. I love healing with it.

For everything else, Shadow is just great, you cannot go wrong with it

Disc is VERY op at low levels. At level 10 when you choose disc you get penance an it pretty much will one shot everything making it far more mana efficient than shadow to start with. However, as you get into higher levels Disc starts to fall off on dps and shadow will get much better.

Deleted
    Congratulations on picking the best class in the game!

15+ Year Old Account
    Disc for healing (and at lower levels as dps is also good).
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Just had to post my disagreement with this. >.> Unless you're talking just 10mans. Holy is still great in places.

I also hate disc, but it's a personal preference thing. Try both disc and holy, and see which you enjoy more.

Deleted
    for leveling disc is best

level as disc, you can be a dps healer in dungenos once you get atonement

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow honestly sucks for damage till 60 or maybe a bit lower since dots oom you real quick, you may be better off as DPS as Holy till you reach a higher lvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    It is? Funny, we were running double holy priest for Ragnaros 25H today and it worked out just fine. You assume people always have resto druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    It is? Funny, we were running double holy priest for Ragnaros 25H today and it worked out just fine. You assume people always have resto druids.
    Fine then. As long as there are no resto druids around, and the shammies are sucking, and you have really good gear, and you are running 25man, doing the instance as holy will not automatically lead to a wipe on heroic mode, just make it a whole lot harder than it needed to be.

Also; if you want to pull the heroic rag 25 card where holypriests are actually working, I want to pull the heroic baleroc 10 card.
    Since ther nerf, I am happy to report that the number of holypriests on this fight have tripled. Nearly 1.5% of all healers in this fight is now a holypriest.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Baleroc/1...mples/#1u00000
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Technically speaking if the percentage is more than 0% then the spec isn't actually dead because some people are still using it.