Is prot fun in pvp?

Topic. Is it worthwhile to invest in?

you won't kill anyone with resilience. you can be hard to kill but even blood dks will get killed by a good dps class in equal gear eventually

people will swear it's great because they killed some bad but that's all it is, killing some bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you won't kill anyone with resilience. you can be hard to kill but even blood dks will get killed by a good dps class in equal gear eventually

people will swear it's great because they killed some bad but that's all it is, killing some bad
    Im playing prot at 2.2k atm its average as hell but its a fun change from prot if i find a decent team psure can get glad with it easy enough.
    www.youtube.com/ayraswag thats my youtube with footage on my prot war

if you are talking about rated battlegrounds: yes it is
    but in arenas has no sense
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post

So when i get glad as prot people will still say same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    I'm almost exclusively interested in RBGs. I hear flag carriers are wanted.

Being a person that loves to tank and enjoys PvP here and there, being FC in RBGs is quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ayraqt View Post
    that depends on how's your setup and how well you play as a prot, and would be cool getting glad as a prot
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ayraqt View Post
    So if Hoodrych became glad as fury warrior, would that mean its achieveable by 99.98% other other warriors?
    It doesn't change a God damn thing

On-topic: Yes, prot pvp is fun. Not as fun as wotlk imo, but then again I might just be biased becuase I've hated cataclysm pvp so much that I ended up going pve for the first time in my playing since classic
    Last edited by Swaggah; 2011-09-26 at 10:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Does it make me a bad person when I saw the title and the first thing that popped in was...

"Is it fun to have sex with a condom on? No, but you are much safer."

Bob

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun ? Hell Yeah !

I Love to get healers ragequit, i love to tank about 5 or 6 melees with a good healer watching my ass and i love to stomp Affliction Warlocks to the Ground
    My Rated group hates me when i zerg with the Flag on my Back but it decided serveral matches to our sides win.

You cant kill everyone like in Wrath but with support you can be a Stronghold in BG`s, the Kills go Hand in Gand with aoe Damage and Healer suppression.
    Its like fizzbob said, but as Prot you have to play different. Stuns, mass CC are your favorites and with a few Big Crits you can roflstomp the most classes
    in non rated.

anyone with a brain will either leave you alone or de-enrage you constantly so all you're good for is stuns and silences.

RBG flag carrier prot is awesome, but for arena and general pvp: only bads.

Deleted
    @ OP: If you have a spare minute or two, check out ÁyraSwag's youtube channel. I learned a thing or two about blowing up shit as Prot in Arena/RBG's etc.. Some really awesome stuff.

prot vs someone with 4k resilience means you have to outplay them and HOPE for some good luck and help. i personally like it for defense (blood dk, prot war, prot paladin) because i can call INC and stay alive long enough for a competent team to help. it leaves more for offense in AB and of course, prot warriors are great in WSG as FCs

but it's not like it was at 80. even a hunter can outheal your damage, if he's bm he'll beat you senseless if you ignore his pet that stays behind you (your avoidance means nothing) and if he's smart, he'll tranq your heal and know when to burst you down between charges.

but you're capable and it's easier to play prot well and stay alive than a dps spec. you can take more damage and people often forget to dispel your vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Timun View Post
    Topic. Is it worthwhile to invest in?

No! Unless you like being a burden on your team and sitting in the keep waiting to be killed holding a flag and doing no damage...

Deleted
    Prot is fun to play, as flag carrier in RBGs. In arena it's a bit like prot paladin, you might by some miracle get there, but that's more the exception than the rule.

Prot is only viable as a flag carrier.

People play them for fun in 2v2, but Arms is better.

Deleted
    prot pvp is only useful if u plan on being a flag carrier, your dps will be lame so dnt expect to kill anyone unless there a new person in cata quest greens.