Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Most of the games are one-sided, but i just got in a very interesting game, and the end was terrific. We won with 5 nexus health. Can i get [We Had It All Along: Dominion] yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Here's my thoughts on Dominion as a whole.

Select Rammus

ok
    ko
    Cap
    ok
    ko
    Cap
    ok
    ko
    ok
    ko
    Win Game

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
    You know how you fix this? Play draft and hes banned every single game, haven't seen a single game with rammus in it yet.

Most epic game I've had so far was we were down 99 to 1 when we got 3 points. They all gg'd and called us bad etc and then we held 3 came back and won 0-1 to us.
    Last edited by kaulder; 2011-09-27 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Play as a laner, keep turrets to hold one of your nodes while pushing the adjacent enemy node, and just stick to that the whole game. With the range on his two focus nukes and the turrets he can just drop and run to interrupt people, it should be hard to push him. The towers still hurt like hell, I doubt you can chase him through one with his ult up.

Rather than build as an AP carry and die in two hits, build as a tank so that people can't get you away from a capture point. Soul Shroud/Aegis/Zhonya's/Scepter/etc
    Lysah, gratz on the 10k posts (soon)!

OT: I love it, as it's fast paced and you need to rely on yourself only when it comes to solo situations. YOU can make a difference, even if the rest of the team is bad. Still, I love Summoner's Rift and I won't stop playing it anytime soon.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2011-09-27 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaulder View Post
    You know how you fix this? Play draft and hes banned every single game, haven't seen a single game with rammus in it yet.

Most epic game I've had so far was we were down 99 to 1 when we got 3 points. They all gg'd and called us bad etc and then we held 3 came back and won 0-1 to us.
    http://zhost.tk/u/bs/1317068316671.jpg

is that you ? :3

I've noticed that seems to happen every game now that i'm in... the 'losing' team seems to always make a comeback and end up winning.

Also, why am i always last pick when i play draft dominion :< and then we end up getting bans like fucking ashe, twisted fate or annie instead of rammus, blitz, trynd or poppy. makes me rage hard.

Cant say thats me : / I've noticed alot of the losing team coming back and winning as well though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wayyy to champ based.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuratei View Post
    At first look I wasn't really interested in playing, but when a few friends invited me for a game I found it to be surprisingly enjoyable. It requires a lot more of real time strategy thinking and promotes thinking outside the box both for the uses of your champion and what the enemy can do against you. I think the best feature they included is the ability to turn the game around no matter how far down you are, knowing you have a chance to win down to the last hit point of your nexus.
    I have to agree with this, last night I had a team turn around a game from 3-190 into a win for us at 3-0. It's amazing how you can comeback in this game type!

I'm loving the game immensely if I do say so, I have found myself pick Kayle back up and...I'll be darned if I don't just destroy everything in my path o_O
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    i really like that the metagame is evoling really fast right now and people are , more or less fast, finding more and more ways to play on the map. its awesome :=)

I enjoy the more pvp oriented gameplay, but there are a lot of tweaks needed for balance sake. AD carries are way too strong, casters are pretty sub par and rammus is just silly. Draft helps, but either way they need to adjust the dominion buff to even things out more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaeljfoxx View Post
    I enjoy the more pvp oriented gameplay, but there are a lot of tweaks needed for balance sake. AD carries are way too strong, casters are pretty sub par and rammus is just silly. Draft helps, but either way they need to adjust the dominion buff to even things out more.
    Pretty much this.

AD Carries/Tanky DPS are just way too dominant, they need toning down or casters toning up.

Rammus is on a whole other level of ridonkulous however, i hope they do something to his Q on dominion :<

Deleted
    Dominion so far was pleasant and different from the DotA style game gameplay in LoL. Movement speed is something that should be look at in this game, where champs like rammus stand out on those terms. Matches so far have been mostly close, with a average of 30 or so points difference in the end from about 8~ games. Where i generaly find the games to be really fast pase and over before you know how much time you spend in it xD. I think I'm going to enjoy this gametype, and will switch between the normal dota style game and this from time to time.

Best regards koekjeerbij.

absolutely love dominion so far, kickback to arathi basin and focused on teamwork and not just farming kills

Going back to my OP, I just feel like if you have a champion like Alistar or Nasus with Garrison camping on a tower, it's very hard to get him off it unless you have 3 people there.

I fear though that changing balance issues for Dominion sake, will change unneeded balance in Summoner's Rift. (not unlike PvE/PvP). It has a long way to go but the crux of the game has potential and could be great in the future.

Enemy team and my team controls 2 turrets each Enemy team has 4 points left, My team has 30 left. Their countdown stops but ours continues? Top is uncontested.

Total bs unless I am missing something.

Honestly, I kinda dislike it since there is not alot of teamfights. But it's fast-paced and the idea is nice, if you play a good 1v1 champion it's cool. A huge problem is though that everything isn't viable, like in Summoner's Rift. Supports suck in dominion, atleast from what I noticed so far after like 20 games.

Also Rammus, Yi and other similar characters with huge speedboosts, along with Akali and Jax are really op tbh. Akali and Jax because they just kill everything 1v1, and Rammus/Yi because they can just be everywhere on the map and cap stuff.

I honestly don't think the champions need to be changed for Dominion. If you have a favorite that you just HAVE to use, it will probably still be good in Dominion, you might just have to change the way you play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was playing as Yi in a few Dominion matches today (My first ones!) and I was 1st overall in one if the matches. I really enjoyed it. I only had one dumbass complain about KSing and won most of the matches (one was back and forth based on who could muster some momentum. Really good game). I might try to play Vlad once I get a better feel for the map and build styles.

Pros:

- Faster game

- Can't play in the tower being a retard hiding 24/7

- You can test Heroes faster not wasting 1h if you don't like it

- Poppy

Cons:

- Rammus

- It's like Arathi Basin in WoW, if your team is retarded and go cripping and chasing people all time you will lose the game and the patience

- Rammus

- Supports can't play it

- Rammus

- Shaco defending a base

I enjoyed playing Dominion with Wukong and Poppy, specially Poppy since she's AWESOME and you can do shitloads of kills (18/3/7 last game) and also kill people under the tower with the Ult

Final Score: 8/10

Its a (welcome) change of pace for sure. Some champions are slightly favored that others , but that was to be expected.
    From my point of view , pros: Fast paced , fun , and much much action as opposed to the grindfest that Summoners Rift is
    Cons: Rammus and Shaco

All in all its a great addition to the game and a needed change of scenery. If anything , its a great place to test our new champions without having to play against bots

I like it and dislike it. With a decent team its fast paced and fun. With a terrible team they either stomp us or my team fzzles out in the end where I cant really 1v3.
    They need to tweak some champs for this mode and maybe some items but overall its nice to have 2 game modes.