Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My Underwater Minecraft World (work in progress)

Final edit: Done!!

Here are the pics of the finished project.

This one is the final piece, done working on building, smoothing out the landscape (no one can tell what blocks it is underwater so I just made them all dirt) and started replacing all outside air with blue wool for a massive world edit //replace.

This is a entire set of structures I built myself over a few days. I was shooting for Atlantis, but figured that would be much bigger so I settled for less.
    I plan on making this a bit bigger and improving the look some more before filling the entire outside with water and smoothing out the landscape. (It looks much cooler in actual water)

The reason I'm not building in water is... have you tried it before, its freaking dark! Being dark is one of the reason there are so many glowstones as you can see.

How I did it:
    Each block was placed piece by piece in creative mode on my sever as I started just after 1.8 came out and my pluggins were down. After Im done I'll use world edit to somehow fill in the water of the outside up to the water level. After that work on the lighting. I'll post here after Im done.

Building Motto: In case of fire, do not break glass.

Last edited by Very Tired; 2011-10-02 at 01:34 AM.

Looks awesome, cant wait to see the finished version.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is indeed very awesome!!

That looks sweet man. I sold my old pc and lost my account, but me and my brother rebuilt a large part of Rapture from bioshock. Yours reminds me a lot of it; glass hallways deep under the sea look awesome. I suggest a texture pack though, makes massive creations like that look a lot better imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    That looks sweet man. I sold my old pc and lost my account, but me and my brother rebuilt a large part of Rapture from bioshock. Yours reminds me a lot of it; glass hallways deep under the sea look awesome. I suggest a texture pack though, makes massive creations like that look a lot better imo.
    Funny thing is I actually got the idea from watching Bioshock walkthroughs of rapture. After looking for a few youtube videos I decided this isn't a common type of building so I went after it.

I normally use Doku as the texture pack but havent felt like updating it, and dont think the glass look would quite fit

Deleted
    I built underwater a long time ago. But then I placed tons and tons of glass in the bottom. Then started digging out a big area under it. Wasn't very deep since there were no glowstone or anything that could glow under water back then. I haven't been over there in ages, when I built it there was no monsters in multiplayer mode so the area is probably not as safe anymore ^^

Wouldn't it be better and more realistic to make it look like it really is on the bottom of the ocean floor instead in a vaporized hole?
    (WoW) Yolen Burning Legion EU Human Mage 85 lvl - retired
    (WoW) Yollidan Lightbringer EU Blood Elf Mage 80 lvl - retired
    (WAR) Yollidan (former) Karak Eight Peaks EU 40 R/40 RR - retired
    (Allods) Yollidan ISA EU 40 lvl - retired
    (RIFT) Yollidan Cloudborne EU 42 lvl - ACTIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Yollidan View Post
    Wouldn't it be better and more realistic to make it look like it really is on the bottom of the ocean floor instead in a vaporized hole?
    Still a work in progress, after im done building I'll add the water, and add the details to the outside to hopefully make it look like it would be something you just placed at the bottom of a minecraft lake.

Wow, that's pretty epic. Can't wait to see the final version.

I wonder when somebody is going to make a Rapture replica instead of the pure glass dome type underwater worlds. Looks cool though.

i guess flooding the outside might become difficult

That's a bloody large project mate, good luck! Can't wait to see it when it's done.

Deleted
    :O
    wow that looks really nice!

Looks good! How deep underwater is it going to be?

Also, love the motto xD

Quote Originally Posted by nobodx View Post
    i guess flooding the outside might become difficult
    I new this was going to be a hard part, I tried the lazy mans way by just putting a layer of water on the top level and let it flow down, but it lagged my computer to much, lagged it 4 times more trying to remove it.

I'm thinking of just placing mass amounts of blue wool in every empty spot that isn't inside and doing a world edit /replace with water

This is looking good, should be interesting to see more of this as it progresses!

Final bump for a finished project!

Wow, amazing, grats for finishing.

Nice work dude... any way you can share this with the community in ways besides pictures? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Nice work dude... any way you can share this with the community in ways besides pictures? ^^
    I was thinking of making a youtube video but normally my channel is for wow videos only