Thread: 1.5 this week!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1.5 this week!

As per the announcements page it's due out this week at some point. What's everyone think about the Chronicles dungeons? Plan on giving them a try? How about the new Planar Attunement system giving incentive to go back and finish zones and continue to fight off invasions? Or even the new Master difficulty setting for DD?

Lots of new, exciting, and definitely experimental content coming out!

Chronicles might be nice from a Lore perspective, and for the XP for Attunement, but I am full T1 raid geared now and suspect that I will be able to solo the whole thing start to finish so not so much challenge. Good for alts tho.

I'm looking forward to Planar Attunement, although it looks rather flat at the moment. Seems you can unlock everything? No choices to make like with the amazing soul system. Hoping that later tiers of Attunement have some interesting choices. At the very least it will be nice to see everyone keen to do more things just to generate XP.

Master mode is probably what I am most excited for, at the moment I just cheese my way through most T2s with friends/guildies. I solo heal every single one on my mage (51pt Chloromancer) without ever feeling strained so fingers crossed Master modes will offer some challenge, and maybe some nice new loot too. I'm kinda hoping that they offer 1 Greater Mark per day on the LFD tool in the same way that Experts offer 1 normal Mark. The only downside with these is that they used DSM and DD, probably the two that pop most often for me in Experts, kinda starting to get sick of the sight of them. It would have been better to use a T1, but they've said they will do that for the next Master mode dungeons so fingers crossed.

The new PvP Warfront looks awesome, can't wait for that. Been getting into PvP lately, rank 4 and rising, and already I can cheese lower ranks and survive burst from warriors and rogues. Bit concerned about all these rogue buffs coming, I suspect they will end up OP in PvP and get nerfed back a bit. Where are the mage buffs? We're either glass cannons or taking Chloro/Lock to be effective which is very slow DPS, you wear your enemy down.

Totally agree on the bad decision on making T2's the master dungeons. I get AP a lot and not DD as much so I don't mind. For some reason I wasn't aware that DSM was part of the Master list, news to me.

I am by no means a hardcore rift player seeing as I've only completed every expert and only 1/4 DH and 1/4 GP (I play Rift on the side with WoW as my regular). However I do play a chloromancer with a 51 pt build and a chloro/lock build in which even in my gear I think I could solo these Chronicles just because I am a chloromancer lol. Good self healing will probably make the difference between an undergeared player being able to solo these or not.

I'm happy with the progress they make with patches. Whilst I got the game at launch some of the issues kept me levelling past the early 30s, but I'm enjoying it more now. Pleasantly surprised that people are nice in LFD groups, probably due to the community much tighter knit. How does the experience work with Planar Attunement for lower level quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigapants View Post
    I could solo these Chronicles just because I am a chloromancer lol. Good self healing will probably make the difference between an undergeared player being able to solo these or not.
    I thought the intent was you would 2-man them as a fresh 50 but solo once you got a bit more geared up? I'm rather ignorant on the rewards though. Plaques of Achievements and other bits I'm guessing?
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Really like the idea of 2-player dungeons as it's very easy to put the group together. LOTRO had 3 and 6 player dungeons as well as skirmishes that could be scaled to any number group (or solo), Chronicles makes me think of this.
    Cross server dungeons were desperately needed in MMOs but always felt a bit impersonal. In any case it'll be awhile as I'm not 50 and will probably make a new main to switch factions.

Deleted
    Master mode feels like a really interesting way to shorten the gap between dungeon and current raiding content, and trying a couple on the PTS they felt like quite a challenge. So I' totally up for them, as I am for chronicles, for the same reason as above, mainly.

Planar Attunement though, feels like a way to make catching up with those that started playing before you did much more difficult, as you're layering something huge, that can only be gained through playing a lot, on top on a fairly intense requirement of doing so. I understand it's not huge benefits (at least the 1st tier, for what i've seen) but players starting to play after 1.5 will have a harder getting up to par, and seeing something as gear-based as pvp, makes me think it will create more disparity in that sense at the least.

Only DD is being released for Master Mode in the initial launch of 1.5
    I imagine DSM is still being tested and will come in a few weeks.

Ive been looking everywhere to find a image of a Rift model wearing full T1 raid gear or any raid gear for that matter, I just want to see how it all comes together. Rift wouldn't happen to have a Armory would it? or does anyone have a pic of their rift toon they could post with ful raid gear on? I'm also excited about 1.5 I tested Rift in Beta but i'm very eager to see how its changed since then.

Made by Visenna, TY<3

Quote Originally Posted by Touchyfeely View Post
    Ive been looking everywhere to find a image of a Rift model wearing full T1 raid gear or any raid gear for that matter, I just want to see how it all comes together. Rift wouldn't happen to have a Armory would it? or does anyone have a pic of their rift toon they could post with ful raid gear on? I'm also excited about 1.5 I tested Rift in Beta but i'm very eager to see how its changed since then.
    This guy maintains a website of most of the Rift ward drobe looks

http://riftwardrobe.wikia.com/wiki/Rift_Wardrobe_Wiki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchyfeely View Post
    Don't think theres any model viewer for it, but i could fix some pics on the tiers that i can see (as a cleric).
    EDIT: nwm, Puremallace got it.
    Last edited by Telcular; 2011-09-27 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This guy maintains a website of most of the Rift ward drobe looks

http://riftwardrobe.wikia.com/wiki/Rift_Wardrobe_Wiki
    Thanks!

Made by Visenna, TY<3

Deleted
    I'm really looking forward to 1.5 as I solo everything. I've never been in a dungeon or raid (no idea what all these dh, gp etc are!) but want to do something different to just rifts and alt levelling. I suppose I should get into PvP too, but I've already levelled my main to 50 with no PvP, so I will be at a disadvantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard a rumor that this was coming out today? truth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I heard a rumor that this was coming out today? truth?
    Think it is for Americans.
    Europeans have to wait til tomorrow.

No patch right now, just a hotfix. Maybe later today.

I made a video of my playthrough of the new Chronicles of Telara but I can't link to it since I haven't posted all that much on the forums lol.

If you go to youtube and search "Thehnoskos" it should come up with my channel and it's the first video.

It was pretty fun though if you kill the last boss in the wrong order it bugs out (at least when I did it). It was pretty easy to solo if you can heal yourself. I put together a tank spec that maximized my self healing and used a mix of tank and DPS gear. The rewards are fitting for the amount of time you have to spend inside one and it would be a great way to spend some time if you are on standby for a raid or you don't have time to run a full dungeon. Starting out for a fresh 50 duo it will give you that boost to get into T1/T2 dungeons and not have much competition for the drops. The lore was semi-light up until the very end where it ties into the raid fairly well though I could have done with more RP interactions throughout and possibly some cut scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Baek View Post
    I made a video of my playthrough of the new Chronicles of Telara but I can't link to it since I haven't posted all that much on the forums lol.

If you go to youtube and search "Thehnoskos" it should come up with my channel and it's the first video.
    Link: http://www.youtube.com/Thehnoskos/

Deleted
    Hmm, I read people saying 1.5 was ment to be today... maybe it will be next week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercia View Post
    Hmm, I read people saying 1.5 was ment to be today... maybe it will be next week?
    It's coming out today servers are coming down for 2 hours for the update:

http://community.riftgame.com/2011/0...hour-downtime/

Comes out in the EU tonight, 1am is maintenance I believe.

Source: http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...ves-next-week/