Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Skipping Cut-scenes

So there was a dicussion on gamebreaker.tv a couple of weeks back (if you dont know what it is i would go check it out) Justin Lowe from Darthater was saying that he will be skipping all the cut-scenes on his first way round in order to go heavy raiding (world firsts etc), it was kinda speculated that they will take about 30% of your playing time early levels, and then down to 10-20% after that.

I personally will take my time- do you think people doing this will be disappointed.

P.s. he did say he would be rerolling and taking it easy second time round

I can understand the desire to get world first but simply said...Its a bioware game.Bioware,that has made some of the best RPGs around,deserves to have their content seen,not skipped through.That will just take the main point out of the game.Personally,I wouldnt do it,and I dont think bioware should allow it to be skipped through.

Deleted
    I wouldn't even dream about skippin' the cutscenes. What the fu... am I readin'?
    Sure, maybe you'll be able to achieve a first but there won't be that much content at release as BioWare had to design a whole new world so I'll enjoy every quest und flashpoint in the way it was meant to be and and still be able to become 50 quite fast.

I agree with the people here, i wont be skipping anything, im in it for an immersive story and well rounded game mechanics

I will not skip anything, I admire BW's creativity and effort they put into RPG's, I have a feeling this will be pretty astounding. I want to raid and such and get to end-game, but i think I would feel just awful if I skip this leveling experience first time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post
    I can understand the desire to get world first but simply said...Its a bioware game.Bioware,that has made some of the best RPGs around,deserves to have their content seen,not skipped through.That will just take the main point out of the game.Personally,I wouldnt do it,and I dont think bioware should allow it to be skipped through.
    ^This. Bioware has put such an emphasis on the story in SWtoR that it would be a grave injustice to just skip over it all, at least the first time around. I will probably end up skipping the majority of the cutscenes once I start my alt, with the exception of the class specific portions.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's optional, that's good. Some people will want to watch them, some won't for some reasons. To each his own. Let's just hope that our playing friends are on the same side of the fence so we can team up for some group questing.

for the WoW players that are used to skipping everything this isn't the game for you.

I won't skip anything and there is no reason to. the leveling will actually be fun and there's no reason to power through it.

If people power level and skip all the story, and endgame isn't ready, yeah they will be disappointed. Justin said him and his entire guild is doing it though. So at least he will have friends that are just as hardcore as he is to run heroic flashpoints. He's also hinted that he's in the beta so I think he's seen a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    for the WoW players that are used to skipping everything this isn't the game for you.

I won't skip anything and there is no reason to. the leveling will actually be fun and there's no reason to power through it.
    Although I dont agree with it, its going to happen, and it will properly be the first real test that endgame content will have

10+ Year Old Account
    If people would like to ruin the game for themselves (cause this is not WoW or any other MMO you have ever played) so be it. I hope they roll alts so they can see the game in the beauty it was made.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I will see and understand the lore, therefore I will watch the cutscenes aslong as I havent seen them already.
    Honestly, I didn't skip cutscenes or ignore quest logs the first times, but watching them the 7th time is not something I enjoy (in wow). I like seeing them the first time (and read quest logs the first and even the second time, actually its allways fun to read quest log)

It's personal preference really. Having "raced" for a world first level whatever before i understand wanting to skip. Personally, I'll be taking my time. Casually hardcore is more fun anwyays

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    If people would like to ruin the game for themselves (cause this is not WoW or any other MMO you have ever played) so be it. I hope they roll alts so they can see the game in the beauty it was made.
    ^Pretty much sums it up for me, rather silly that they have put this absurd amount of effort into this game, over several years, and I am sure TONS of money... to just skip it. It's like leaving after the credits at the start of a movie and coming back for the very last scene, with the "shock ending" or "last fight".
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

If a person wishes to go for speed their first time around, so be it. I hope he follows through and plays through the story afterwards, but that's his decision. I won't tell you how to play.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will only skip some stuff, like if aliens talking are like in KOTOR, then I will just read it and skip to the next dialogue. Else everything will be seen.

Deleted
    I'll try to watch every cut-scene. I love Bioware games because of their story and I want to enjoy every piece little bit of story.
    And since I'll be playing alone without any friend rushing me, for now, this is what I'll do

Probably if I eventually create an alt, maybe I'll skip, but only those quests I already have done before.

As I do with any other RPG game I've played. I'll watch every cut scene and then choose the answer that fits me.
    But as I also do with any other RPG game I get bored watching the slow cutscenes from time to time and I start skipping.
    I was planing on going all out hardcore PvP. Therefor I want to get up as fast as possible so when the "normal" players who wanted to PvP but took their time get up to 50 I'll already be decked out and ready to own it up in warzones to get my rank up!

Deleted
    I'll be taking my time, I usually get bored at endgame anyway.

Just as BioWare said when they first announced it: "We're bringing the RPG back into MMORPG". This game will be just like Dragon Age and Mass Effect, the story you build will change so much and if you're not into heavily story-driven games I don't really see the point of playing it.