Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rift early access was like 2 days ? I assume it'll be like 2-3 days before.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    I think it wont be as much as 3 weeks (november).
    My guess is 1 or 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenxii View Post
    Rift early access was like 2 days ? I assume it'll be like 2-3 days before.
    Originally Posted by Stephen Reid
    Timing on Early Game Access for #SWTOR will be announced closer to launch. It'll be a number of days - not just a weekend.

He have also stated that it won't be weeks. And anything over 1 week is weeks (at least that's how I see it).

The game is released 22 (thursday) dec in Europe. The weekend ends the 19th of dec (monday). That means the game for european people will come out between the date of 15th-16th (either a friday or a thursday). And for the US it should be 2 days ahead of that. So either wenesday or tuesday.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could anyone confirm when the people who ordered their copies via AMAZON will actually get the game? I originally assumed we would at least get it in time for the actual release date (20th), since they would have access to the game when it is released for "early access" people. But my email from Amazon said that the shipment will reach me like 12 days after release (1st jan onwards, in other words).

Deleted
    well im really tuned up for this game since im following the website the last 1-2 years since it announced

Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Could anyone confirm when the people who ordered their copies via AMAZON will actually get the game? I originally assumed we would at least get it in time for the actual release date (20th), since they would have access to the game when it is released for "early access" people. But my email from Amazon said that the shipment will reach me like 12 days after release (1st jan onwards, in other words).
    I believe the shipping date from Amazon or any company that was bought from will be varied. The date may be accurate though it all depends on the information you get from Amazon the closer we get to release.

Remember, for Early Access you will NOT need the physical copy of the game as you will download the client.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    As long as you got your preorder code, there shouldnt be a problem as you will be able to download the client and the preorder code should allow you to get in. However, if you won't get your copy until 12 days after, you might have to wait for the CD-key to play once the actual release date comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    Also while we are on the question, does your early access get cut off on release day until you punch in your serial number?
    Not immediately, there'll be a grace period of a few days where you can keep playing (for those that are still waiting for their box to arrive, etc).

Just thought I'd rectify what Seftrex said.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    hey guys,
    probarly 80% of the people waiting for Swtor have pre ordered the game..so we all get early acces, but when do you guuys expect the early acces to begin ?

since the game launches on 22 december, will it be around november? or 1 week before?

your thoughts?
    I like that you used a real percentage, but just made it up totally. Noone knows how soon it will be, they have not said for certain. There is a Preorder FAQ that addresses this already. When it's official that will be updated I am sure.

Deleted
    isnt early access starting at the same time for both, so US will probably get 3-5 days and EU will get 5-7..

I always had in my mind that it was just so pre order crowd could get off the home worlds before the release crowds show up so now im takin stabs at 4 to 5 days

I just was down at Gamestop, and the info they could provide:

If you preorder, you will be able to enter 4 days earlier (the 18th), and if you buy collector's edition 7 days.

I just was down at Gamestop, and the info they could provide:

If you preorder, you will be able to enter 4 days earlier (the 18th), and if you buy collector's edition 7 days.
    Early-acess info have not been released nor have it been decided. And if they got the info, they wouldn't be allowed to release it. So I'd say that's someones personal opinion.

How much early access you get is not dependent on which version of the game you bought. It will depend on when you entered your pre-order code.

SR stated this soon after pre-orders started.
    #TeamTinkers

They had originally planned to let collector's editions in earlier but turned that decision around. People will now be able to enter roughly in the order that they pre-ordered.

Deleted
    Speaking to the Old republic reps at Eurogamer, they said that THEY don't even have a clue yet when early access will begin, if even at all. I dont think we will be looking at much past 3 - 4 days though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will not be a week. Most likely December 15th or 16th. Just before the weekend.
    Oh, noooo, I'm so sorry. It's The Moops. The correct answer is, The Moops.

It would be nice if they did early access at the same time for EU and US, will give us EU guys an extra 2 days early access, but im guessing they will start EU 2 days after, so they can have their 'A Team' ready for any mess ups and they are not spread too thin

I'm curious because I put down 5 bucks at Gamestop to preorder a retail copy. Imputed the serial number for preorder, but hmm... perhaps I'll get to play the game for 4-7 days without buying the full version even?

I would say 5-7 days of early access, totally depending on when you entered your serial in the swtor website is the order you will be invited into early access us/eu mixed (i hope)

My 2cents, I think it will be Friday-Monday before the game is launched on Tuesday the 20th. This is more than just a weekend, and not weeks, it will give them a nice opportunity to stress test the servers one last time before official release.