Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Waiting tiredness

Hi all, I was just wondering whether I am the only one who is experiencing this weird moment. When I first got into GW2, like 4-5 months ago or something, I started reading it all and I was utterly enthusiastic about the game, checked guru page daily and such, along came all the expos and all these reveals, now for some reason all of a sudden I have kinda lost interest, mainly probably because I have kind of seen everything and it is just repetition of something I can't get my hands on..... I think only thing that will excite me more is the new proff, but thats about it ....
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest mate, I have a special (yes, very special) 4pack of beer, just waiting for Guild Wars 2 release date announcement. Oh, waiting eagerly for this day to come.

To be honest, I try and run my enthusiasm in waves. I started near beginning of this year, maybe a bit earlier, about the time I quit WoW. And every couple months I run on a trip of looking and exploring any new news and/or released videos. Right now I am running a little longer then usual on this trip, but mainly, thats because we've gone from GC to Eurogamer and with TB posting good quality videos of profs in PvP, there's a lot to see and get ramped up with. Then it's prob another long break, likely until either 8th prof announcement/videos start coming out (which I'm guessing will be slightly before closed beta starts) and thus beta time frame. And with this new subforum here on MMO, it makes that job harder LOL; as I now have a forum specifically for GW2 to visit when I'm bored at home rather than just a thread. Ah well.

I can't wait. Guildwars 2 is going to bring so many new things to the table. At the very least revisions of already awesome mechanics and features.
    I only hope it won't be dissapointing because of how hyped it has been and still is.

It already has a projected release date. Ask gamestop or where you preorder it from. They have been told that the current date is pretty accurate. I', sorry I can't remember it right now

Deleted
    I personally can't wait for crafting system to experiments with materials and discover on my own new recipes and maybe someday be first to show great recipe

Ugh, Crafting.
    Hoping it will be interesting enough to pro-long my attention span.

I.E: Engineering is the only profession that makes me think it's worth while in WoW. Due to all the nifty tinkering and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirina View Post
    It already has a projected release date. Ask gamestop or where you preorder it from. They have been told that the current date is pretty accurate. I', sorry I can't remember it right now
    Guild Wars 2 does not have a projected release date: twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/statuses/117247558761463808

Sorry, but those dates are not from us. Retailers like to estimate release dates to encourage customers to pre-order. ~RB

15+ Year Old Account
    They're releasing preview content in waves... right now they're showing that Arathi basin like battleground and a high level PvE zone. I'm sure that in a few weeks / months we'll get to see other stuff like some special dynamic events, the WvWvW zone, crafting and who knows what else.

Anyway, it's normal to lose interest for a while, especially when you've been following it closely for a long period. It's kinda like playing burnout. Take a break, forget about GW2 for a while... if any big news comes out, I'm sure you'll find out about it anyway, without actively following all the GW2 sources.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

I'd like to see some detailed stuff about Crafting... why should we bother?

I'm glad I'm not dying of hype currently, makes it easier to wait for it.

I was extremely hyped for many months after learning about GW2 but it has steadily begun to die down. I'm still really excited for it! I'm just trying to not think about it as much so that I don't hurt myself. I'm sure I'll get excited all over again when the 8th profession is revealed. Or WvWvW PvP. Or anything.

It's very common for the hype of a new game to die down, and your interest to wane, especially if you've spent a lot of time looking up everything the internet has to offer about the game, yet still not being able to get your hands on it. It's not necessarily you losing interest, in my opinion, you've just run out of new facts and the excitement isn't as fresh. It's like listening to a good song over and over until you get sick of it.

I'm sure once more information arrives, or when the game gets closer to launch, that enthusiasm will probably return.

I'm still really interested. And there are people who have been waiting for years, not just 4 t 5 months!
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

Tbh GW2 is the very first game Im excited about for years.
    It worries me tough, since I dont want to get overhyped and get disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    I'm still really interested. And there are people who have been waiting for years, not just 4 t 5 months!
    Since the Eye of the North announcement. So that's from around 2007... about 4 years now. (GOD! THAT'S TOO LONG)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Since the Eye of the North announcement. So that's from around 2007... about 4 years now. (GOD! THAT'S TOO LONG)
    Yeah, when they said they will scrap Utopia in favour of GW2. Anyway, do something else, if you wait that much you will be only disappointed and burned on games forever

10+ Year Old Account
    I am feeling the same way..not loosing interest, just becoming bored and want something new! I only play WoW and its boring me to death! I would really just like them to at least release the last profession!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    I.E: Engineering is the only profession that makes me think it's worth while in WoW. Due to all the nifty tinkering and such.
    The shit I had to go through for fucking Jeeves man... Not worth it at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    The shit I had to go through for fucking Jeeves man... Not worth it at all...
    Three Engineers in Wrath, so much pain.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.