Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I think a lot of it depends on where Guild Wars 2 fits in your gaming life.

For example, I am an extremely jaded gamer, and therefore have very few new games that I like (so far only games I like this year are Portal 2 and Terraria). As such, I also watch very few games closely since most of them get a "meh" or "bleh" reaction from me, and often those that would likely interest me due to history fall short due to something I dislike (Heroes 6, for example, despite my love for 2 and 3). Because I watch very few games, this makes getting games on my watchlist extremely hard, yet makes competition ON that watchlist surprisingly light.

With that in mind, Guild Wars 2 managed to grab top spot on my watchlist, and KEEP that spot, despite all of my annoyances with much of the popular competition in the genre. Also, because I haven't bought any (major) games since Portal 2, I currently have PLENTY of room for a game to play!

There's a lot of factors as to why a person does or doesn't get tired of waiting for a game, but I feel the biggest factor is competition. If there are a lot of games that a person already is playing, already plans to play, or is watching, any of these things can crowd out any single game that the person is watching. For example, in addition to GW2, I'm waiting for Skyward Sword and Last Guardian. Skyward Sword will likely grab my attention near the end of the year, but information gathering has essentially hit a peak. Last Guardian, on the other hand, has its information come in waves, and therefore lots of lulls in information. Thus, hunting for information for this one doesn't amount to much. In the end, it's extremely easy for me to focus all my attention on Guild Wars 2, since I have few games I'm playing, one game that I've hit saturation with, and another game that has bursts of information with long downtimes.

Plus, Guild Wars 2 is unique in that it is trying to redefine its genre in some big ways, so it's held my attention easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Dare you to watch this and then tell me you have no enthusiasm

For once Mif you have done well(for a asura), This is my favourite two steps from hell music piece.

Deleted
    I am already tired of waiting after being excited about it for 3 days when i found out that it wouldn't be released before Q2 2012 xD Just waiting for it, not really keeping uptodate (only through forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzil View Post
    I am already tired of waiting after being excited about it for 3 days when i found out that it wouldn't be released before Q2 2012 xD Just waiting for it, not really keeping uptodate (only through forums)
    Who says it wouldn't be released before Q2 2012?

I was like "meh" then came the thiefs pistol shots.....

OH...MY...GOD. I think i just has an orgasm.

I had chills during that video, amazing!
    Last edited by Balfire; 2011-10-28 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfire View Post
    I was like "meh" then came the thiefs pistol shots.....

OH...MY...GOD. I think i just has an orgasm.

I had chills during that video, amazing!
    I want to play this music like this

10+ Year Old Account

Oh my God! This is so damned awesome, i'm heading out to buy their CD Invincible and I'll be per-ordering Nero today! Mif you devious little...first cookies and now this!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still excited about the game but in past experience I now know not to put all your eggs in one basket and just be so excited about one game. I have so many games right now that will tithe me over until it comes out so there's no need to get tired of the wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    I'm still excited about the game but in past experience I now know not to put all your eggs in one basket and just be so excited about one game. I have so many games right now that will tithe me over until it comes out so there's no need to get tired of the wait.
    I wish that was the case, it seems for me there is nothing out there anymore that doesn't become the same old stale grind after a short period of time. I am so excited for this but it seems to be taking so long to be finished. I am hoping beyond all hope that it is exactly what they are promising and can deliver a game that can maintain its diversity long enough to keep it interesting and exciting. That being said, so far just the promise of it has kept me excited and I have certainly become a fan! I long for a game that I can't wait to log into and that has not happened in what seems to be an eternity!

I have forced myself to zimmer down about it. I'd hate to login my very first time and find myself going.."Hey..this is NOT as good as I had expected it to be...*sadface of 2012*".

I am currently preparing my computer though, I'm NOT going to be behind in setup. Too bad you never know what works best with it until it's out though, but I'm saving money so that should there be problems with graphics or processor requirements, I can just find out what I need for it to run perfectly and go for it.

I sure hope it will be better production quality than Rift...even on the best possible comps, Rift will have issues it seems. I tried Rift and from one time to another it could work in different ways. Kinda like The Sims 3.

---------- Post added 2011-10-29 at 10:32 PM ----------

And btw..is it just me, or have the news kinda stopped coming?....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And btw..is it just me, or have the news kinda stopped coming?....
    The Conventions are mostly over for the year... Things are slowing down and they've got at least 3 fairly huge things to release still. 8th Profession, Revamped Ranger Pets, Revamped Traits. As well as a few of the Engineer skills that haven't really been revealed yet. Then there's the closed/ open beta announcements and finally the release date. News has "stopped" coming because there isn't much left.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, things have certainly gotten quiet but as Blznmri has pointed out the big gaming shows are done and it means things will slow to a trickle but on a more positive note it also means they can now concentrate on getting things finished! No I don't wear rose colored glasses, they're blood red!

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    The Conventions are mostly over for the year... Things are slowing down and they've got at least 3 fairly huge things to release still. 8th Profession, Revamped Ranger Pets, Revamped Traits. As well as a few of the Engineer skills that haven't really been revealed yet. Then there's the closed/ open beta announcements and finally the release date. News has "stopped" coming because there isn't much left.
    ...revamped ranger pets?? *sits up*....great, now my downzimmer is gone -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ...revamped ranger pets?? *sits up*....great, now my downzimmer is gone -_-
    Yeah, there were complaints that ranger pets were too fragile and that the AI sucked or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but perhaps it will ease the pain of the wait...that is if there is any truth to the matter; http://www.tentonhammer.com/gw2/news...-november-beta

Deleted
    still waiting, since the day i heard of it =)

The hype has definatley gone down a bit lately due to lack of new info, but to be honest I find that a good thing. I don't want to know everything about the game before my initial playtrough, I've done that with other games and it's a really big contrast to the experience of exploring the unknown. Besides, it's less than 2 weeks until Skyrim releases, pretty sure that will ease my waiting anxiety for some time.