Poll: What class are YOU rolling?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Cover seems like a very gimmick mechanic personally. Especially for PvE raid content where you're shooting a giant robot/alien for 5 minutes, what's the point of cover? If other classes will be able to survive without cover, why will a Smuggler need it in raid content?
    No idea, but I am sure they will have some use for it. I am a bit pvp focused atm though and that is how I have been looking at classes.

Also, I sure as hell hope that pve is more intriguing than many variations of a tank and spank. Avoiding damage has always been a DPS responsibility and taking cover sure as hell classifies. A few key abilities of IA/smuggler also involve cover. I want to be able to find cover to heal as well, just like in real combat.
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-09-30 at 05:17 AM.
    I like sandwiches

There's an ongoing discussion about it on the mirror forums.

I think I can say this without messing with the NDA rules here, but the main complaint is how Cover is basically like Shamans and totems. But it's worse, because at least totems have like a 40 yard range or something? So whenever you have to move somewhere else, you always have to put up your Cover or else you're at a disadvantage, while other classes don't have to worry about stuff like that.

High-maintenance things like that are really just a bother imo, like Enhance Shammies where you always have to keep up Lightning Shield. (And at least Lightning Shield follows you around)
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-09-30 at 05:17 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I am torn between SI and IA, it just depends on their healing style really. I will probably make up my mind if I get into the beta and try both out or when the NDA gets removed and people start writing guides on the two classes.

Anyone know how good healers the smuggler / trooper will be in comparison to the councilar?

Jedi Knight Guardian, since I mainly like tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Anyone know how good healers the smuggler / trooper will be in comparison to the councilar?
    All of them are supposed to be balanced. This isn't necessarily the case in the beta, but it's what devs are aiming towards.

IA Ops. Because I know healers will be needed at some point.

SW Jug second. Because I know tanks will be needed at some point.

every1 of them cept jedi councilar (maybe more down the road), but first will def be an sith inquisitor assasin tank spec
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Jedi Consular Sage Miraluka or human. I know I'll have a Consular shadow at some point as well either miraluka or human. And as trolls mentioned before Alts will cover the rest as i'm interested in all the ACs at least try them out even though I'm no into melee characters in general I will still play shadows/assassin Knights/warriors.

I will most likely roll healing Trooper / Bounty Hunter if they are any good at healing when the game comes out.

It's all about the bounty fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Smugglers don't need cover in raids, only during questing and pvp because they are squishy and cover makes up for not having heavy armor or deflecting shots. Cover, however, doesn't work if you're attacked in melee and also seems to be very gimicky in battlegrounds.

I dunno, I wouldn't pick a smuggler if I was interested in pvp, at this point. They just seem like a walking time bomb.
    They do need cover in raids because they "have access to special abilities." Which if i am reading it right means there are skills only usuable when in cover and will probably effect their dps. There is more info about it but i dunno whats been confirmed or not so i won't say anymore. However that special abilities thing did come from a page on the official website.

As for me i wanted to roll smuggler for the longest time but am worried about cover so i decided i'm going to be a Trooper Commando. Really excited about playing it, mostly likely will be dps and heal when needed since all i did in WoW was heal.
    Last edited by PeaJay; 2011-09-30 at 10:28 PM.

My "Main" will be a Smuggler (They are awesome fun). Then my main alt will be either a Jedi Knight or a Trooper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Or maybe people just like this class more than others?
    ye fanboys

[User has received an infraction for this post. Don't troll. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-10-03 at 08:24 PM.

Well I suppose if you get to choose from shooting lightning out of your hands or y'know... I suppose I understand why a huge number of people wanna play Inquisitor. =s

I'm really torn between the Sith Juggernaut Immortal and Sith Sorcerer Corruption, they both look really interesting.

I think Sith Warrior Marauder , dual wielding will be pretty cool

Deleted
    I'm amazed at the number of people rolling IA. I didn't expect us to have so many people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwun View Post
    ye fanboys
    So by your definition, everyone's a fanboy for liking something?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    So by your definition, everyone's a fanboy for liking something?
    Quite

10chars