Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1. Feels so fresh
    2. Looks
    3. Story
    4. No holy/tank/dps difference.
    5. How you level/play

Its so much more... I love so far everything bout it.

Deleted
    1. No need to level all the way up and waste months for reputations/bg's to make some PvP. Just buy and there you are.
    2. When you help your low level friends it's feel a real help, not just come with your big boy to boost. Those boosts are boring to both halfs.
    3. Seems there are not so much brainless farming. I hope so.
    4. You can randomly do things, like questing, exploring, random events. Always the same quest chains are interesting just first time.
    5. UI and ability system. You no need to macro and bind a gazillion of abilities and stare at damn buffs/debuffs, to do well.

And there is much more including no monthly fee, no healbot, dynamic play style etc., etc.

Deleted
    1. Dynamic events
    2. Trinity gone
    3. Personal Story
    4. I don't feel forced to log in (no sub fee)
    5. Hopefully no addons, they ruin every game.

1. Art style - it's not too real but not too cartoony, and all the videos I've seen look stunning (hence I bought a new computer).
    2. Breaking the Mold - trying to be innovative in terms of MMO class roles.
    3. Questing - I like the idea they're throwing out, just hope it promotes a community as well.
    4. Story - I don't know much about it, but I love how the previews talked about the personal stories and racial history - I'm hopign for a perfect blend of single and multiplayer.
    5. FPS-Esque - Moving while casting/Actually dodging brings realism. I hope it's implemented well enough to make it feel like a challenging game.

1. Dynamic Events (persistant world)
    2. Personal Stories
    3. Combat System
    4. Production Quality
    5. Abilities and Skills (10 buttons instead of 50 on the same time? Yay!)

10+ Year Old Account
    The top reason I'm interested is because the developers actually care about creating a world. There are hundreds of thousands of tiny details that easily could have been left out, but were added in for immersion's sake as part of crafting a place that is truly alive. The developers care about good writing and story and plot, and seek to make an epic experience that lives within this world that they are creating.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

4 is a huge draw because the first game didn't have that, felt like a bunch of loading zones.

I don't think the game had a particularly huge story, so 1 to me doesn't fit, but this one looks to be putting far greater emphasis on that.

In no particular order...

1. No subscription fee. I will never pay 15$ a month for a video game again.

2. The artwork. It's unique and I really love the style. I'm glad that they didn't decide to go towards a realistic look and instead implemented their own style. Which is a very smart move.

3. The combat. I'm really excited to just play this game. It doesn't matter what I'm doing in it, as long as I get to kill something. From what I've seen, it really looks like that I won't feel limited by movement and that there's a lot of freedom of mobility, which is really excited for me. The only reason I clung to WoW for so long was because there were no other games that had superior movement fluidity. This game looks like it's just as good in that aspect, if not better.

4. The world. From what little we've seen from the GW2 world, it's huge. I'm really looking forward to exploring the world in its entirety. And without flying mounts I'll actually have to make the trek there myself and not just mount up, fly there, and dismount. It'll be great.

5. The PvP. It looks very fun and very exciting! I'm really looking forward to learning about WvWvW, but for now, I am content with the single battleground that we know about now, because it's just so neat! I love all the little things about it (and the game as a whole), like being able to break the windows in the middle capture point. That's just cool. And combined with the combat of GW2 the PvP is going to be really fun to play.

1. Skill-based PVP (gear equalization)
    2. Flat levelling curve
    3. No tank/heals/dps holy trinity (all professions can be all roles)
    4. Has a story to tell (instead of just quest text)
    5. WvWvW PVP

1. Gameplay
    2. Dynamic Events replacing quests
    3. Storyline
    4. So Subscription Fee!
    5. The amazing artwork and graphics

Everything from the combat to PvP falls under gameplay, only because I wouldn't be able to fit everything in otherwise. There's a lot to love about GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Combat - looks... intense, overwhelming and incredibly fun!
    2. Character animation and the whole world (design and art) - seriously, there's a video of some boss, as a dynamic event, with nearly 100 participants, and the char that dev was playin, was Asura guardian, and i noticed that he even LEANS TO THE SIDE when he stops running. i mean come on, thats freakin advanced physics u've added here sir.
    3. Dynamic Events - Ah, lovin this one, basically because I HATE QUESTS. seriously, hate. i rather something like GW2 will have... nice, plain fields, BAM PIRATE ATTACK.
    4. Personal Storyline - So looking forward to that, it eats me inside how it's gonna be settled on live servers
    5. Interaction - nearly everything is interactive, everything can give u either advantage or disadvantage in certain areas, and come on, skills designed underwater. epic.

And honestly guys, even if this game, would cost me 30€, i'd still pay it.

1.World vs World
    2.PvP
    3. No sub fee
    4. Can change weapons for a new set of skills
    5.Dynamic Events

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Makers of the game really make me feel like they LOVE the game they're designing and are committed to quality
    2. World events look like a fun distraction from normal gather quests
    3. The Map. Honestly that map interface looks great and very useful.
    4. New lore and a new world to explore as a person who has really only played WoW for the past 5-6 years
    5. No Sub. Not having a sub just makes me feel like I can enjoy the game at a slower pace and really have fun instead of race to level cap.

1. Dynamic Combat
    2. Dynamic Skills based on weapon choice
    3. An amazing world with a ton of new lore for me (never played GW1)
    4. Dynamic events
    5. No holy trinity, everyone is responsible for their own survival and teamwork matters

5) No Sub (speaks for itself)

4) Dynamic combat. It's fast paced, you can dodge an attack (instead of getting some vague roll of a dice telling you whether you got hit or not), you've got cross class combinations. You have to read and react or you'll die. You're responsible for yourself in the end, but part of that responsibility is to know how to best work with others. It encourages social play, this will be a recurring theme.

3) Sidekicking/shared rewards. What's worse than competing for kills/resources in a crowded area when you're questing? Competing with a high level character who's just there to be a douche. Sidekicking allows higher level players to experience content (while still feeling strong), and at the same time everyone is playing together to complete an event. Again, encouraging people to work together, it encourages social play.

2) PvP. Whether it be WvWvW which has a scale that feels unprecedented, or just a 5 man conquest game, it looks fast and fun. In WvWvW you've got sets of dynamic events that will help your world during the battle. In conquest games you've got the first real attempt by an MMO to make itself into a true e-sport. Standardizing pvp like that makes it competitive without being a grind. In both cases you've got incentives to work together, more social behaviour.

1) Dynamic events. This is the big one, their main form of content delivery. Whether it be open world, WvWvW, or dungeons, chained content makes sense. How many MMOs have you played where your questing experience has had absolutely zero effect on the game world? This is the seed of how truly persistent worlds will be made in the future. If you fail a quest, it has a result, if you succeed it in turn has an effect. This gives the game world a sense of being alive; it gives you something to invest your time in other than just grinding out levels to reach an 'end-game'. It's an inherently social thing because the more people playing the more challenging the encounter, the more people have to work together, the more fun people can have.

Just to summarize, they're trying to make a social MMO. It seems completely counter-intuitive that MMOs have been socially exclusive, that seeing someone else in the gaming world is almost always a pain in the ass. Why would you want a multiplayer game, let alone one that people pay monthly fees, if you're only going to want to spend time with people in 10/25 player chunks at predetermined times. Running into a player randomly, and being encouraged to work together by the very mechanics of the game, is good policy for MMOs. While there have been other attempts (DAoC RvR, Rifts, etc) I don't think a company has articulated their goals so well as ANet has. They want people to pay attention to the game itself, and the people playing with them; it really should have been a simple concept, but ANet just seems to have such a clear vision it's hard not to get excited for this game.

Deleted
    1. Encourages players to play together - I despise Wow for screwing this up so badly: two separate factions, server transfer fees, mob tagging, guild limits...

2. Dynamic events - doing the same content multiple times gets old really fast, this should make levelling alts a lot more interesting. Also the flat levelling curve is helping too.

3. Combat - thank god the days of standing still casting ridiculously long spells are over!

4. No endgame - it seems like arenanet has realised players want different things when they reach max level. I never got into wow raiding and I felt I was missing half the game. In GW2 I can continue playing the way I want and who knows perhaps it's easier to try pvp and dungeons now that there's no gear grinding.

5. Personal story - while playing wow I noticed I'm a lore nerd. I really hope that GW2 will have many interesting characters and plotwists to surpass everything that Cataclysm brought to the table!
    Last edited by mmoc4dbcfe4525; 2011-09-27 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    1. Innovative combat system, filled with action and strategy (at least it looks like that to me, haven't tried it yet).
    2. Already on my top 3 Best Art of all time.
    3. Very dynamic and (finally) persistent world.
    4. The way you create your character: it's not just about choosing a class and specializing in one talent tree. Your weapons and the world around you define your combat possibilities.
    5. Action Bars won't be overloaded with skills, and it's not a hassle to keybind all of them and fit them all into good spots. Skill isn't about how many keys you can press, it's about how and when you press them (old school players know that, right?).

There are more good stuff, though. Great soundtrack? Yes.
    Great story? Yep, you will even have your "personal area" in cities which is affected by your decisions.
    Great PvP? Looks like it. Guild Wars 1 always had good pvp afterall.

Also...I didn't want to put this one on the "top5" because if makes some people think people are only getting excited for GW2 because of it, but the fact is...there is no Monthly Fee, and that's very important, specially when you don't have the time you used to have to play games.

There is something that worries me a bit though, and that's the fact that there won't be "roles" in the game. The thing most of you call "holy trinity" has been around for a lot of time and has been working well. There are ways of innovating it without completely scratching it from the board.

It wasn't a bad thing until GW2 started with the whole "No holy trinity!!" stuff. Everyone will be able to heal themselves and deal damage here, but some people like to have specific roles of support/healer/tank, and I'm one of them.
    Last edited by mmocf7632e0726; 2011-09-27 at 02:20 PM.

In no particular order,

PvP - the WvWvW looks awesome, but what I like is the PvP community they're trying to build. I'm not even a hardcore PvPer and they have me excited about all the types of PvP they're going to have.

Dynamic questing - Not having to talk to thousands of NPCs to get quest after quest. Much less tedious and will give more immersion to the game.

No sub fee - Need I say anything else?

No holy trinity - I like the idea that instead of having to find people for a specific role, you can decide who is going to bring more support abilities, who is going to be doing more damage, and having to react to the different situations. Mage pulls aggro? Switch to your Earth tank stance and take a beating for a while until someone else pulls it off you, then switch to Water stance to heal your party a bit.

Active combat/no auto attack - You actually have to react to attacks! And you can switch weapons midcombat to get different ability lists.

Honestly, there is so much about this MMO I love. The artwork, the personal story line, home instances, Downed system instead of 0 hp = death. It should be great.

My one concern is that their 'dynamic world' is going to be too similar to Rift. Ok, sure... I saved this camp that was invaded by thieves. How long until the thieves return to try again? Do they act like invasions in Rift, where you save the village and then in 4 hours when the next invasion comes if no one happens to be there then the camp will be taken?
    Last edited by fishious; 2011-09-27 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    My one concern is that their 'dynamic world' is going to be too similar to Rift. Ok, sure... I saved this camp that was invaded by thieves. How long until the thieves return to try again? Do they act like invasions in Rift, where you save the village and then in 4 hours when the next invasion comes if no one happens to be there then the camp will be taken?
    There will be some DE chains on Timers, but to me it's been sounding like most of them are dependent on player interaction - i.e. players exploring the zone/hanging out/killing stuff/collecting stuff will be needed to kick off the events. I suspect they would prefer to do things this way such that (for example) when the game goes live and players finally start hitting the max level, the enemies won't have destroyed everything in the top-level zones until players are around to repel them.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    There will be some DE chains on Timers, but to me it's been sounding like most of them are dependent on player interaction - i.e. players exploring the zone/hanging out/killing stuff/collecting stuff will be needed to kick off the events. I suspect they would prefer to do things this way such that (for example) when the game goes live and players finally start hitting the max level, the enemies won't have destroyed everything in the top-level zones until players are around to repel them.
    Sure hope you're right! They've been working so hard on developing everything else, I'm probably just being too short sighted.