Poll: The big Four

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of any of them, besides Metallica.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    lol... just lol..

let's name their crap albums

and justice for all
    S&M
    Garage Inc
    Kill em all

Sorry, but they have one or 2 decent songs per album. But they really really need a new singer. One that actually can have some energy during a live show.
    Yeah that's it, you are nothing but a troll or an idiot. Answerin "lol just lol" to a post that actually challenges you to either admit your wording was bad or that you are trolling... Nice... Your opinion is just fine, but it's not factual, what is a fact however is that there was no riot i '06, the concert had nothing but good reviews and the sound was good. I check my sources before spewing nonsense. And I love how you name a cover album and a live album as studio albums. And saying "Kill 'em All" and "... And Justice for All" are bad is infact wrong, the entire metal world would disagree with you. To ignore you go.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    Never heard of any of them, besides Metallica.
    Not even Slayer? Hm, well fair enough - Metallica is the band that managed to breakthrough to the mainstream area the most.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2011-09-29 at 05:10 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

bwahahaha.. called the best by the metal world? So everyone has to think they're awesome. OMG such epic fail from you. Jesus, get this kid some steroids, he really needs to grow up fast.

On topic:

Why is there no Sepultura in this list? Or to restate, what is everyone's opinion on Sepultura?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    bwahahaha.. called the best by the metal world? So everyone has to think they're awesome. OMG such epic fail from you. Jesus, get this kid some steroids, he really needs to grow up fast.
    How about coming with an actual argument? How about that? Did I even say they were called the best by the metal world? No, no I did not. How about you infact grow up and come with proof, sources and counter-arguments?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How about coming with an actual argument? How about that? Did I even say they were called the best by the metal world? No, no I did not. How about you infact grow up and come with proof, sources and counter-arguments?
    Why in hell would I? Instead of an intelectual conversation you start screaming "OMG TROLL".. sorry, but that's just fail. But I will amuse you.

I grew up with Metallica. I loved them, until I started listening to their complete collection. It was all the same. They never really had the guts to do something new. Until St. Anger at least. And while that album was decent enough, it paled in comparison to the metal albums that were out by then. Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, tried something new once in a while.
    I really feel that they saw themselves as the Metal Gods and started thinking that they could get away with any crap they brought out. It really really made realise how overhyped a band can become.

Megalulz for me.
    I love Metallica and Anthrax too but Megadeth has a place closer to my heart.

On topic:

Why is there no Sepultura in this list? Or to restate, what is everyone's opinion on Sepultura?
    Hey dude, FYI, these bands are REFERRED TO as "The Big 4" and have been since the 80's. Has nothing to do with " called the best by the metal world?" and not ONE person has said that was the case, either, so as for who needs to "grow up fast", maybe follow your own advice, or at least, finish school so that you'll be able to actually READ what you're responding to? As for why Sepultura aren't on the list, it's cause "The Big 4" has been an established term for those specific 4 bands for OVER 20 YEARS. As for my opinion about them, not a big fan. I can tolerate them up through Arise(which I'm not a huge fan of either), but after that they just got to the point that I couldn't bother to listen to them anymore.

As for this:"I grew up with Metallica. I loved them, until I started listening to their complete collection. It was all the same."

Say what? Kill 'Em All sounds the same as Master of Puppets to you? And MoP sounds the same as the "Black album"? And that sounds the same as Load and Re-Load? Damn dude, are you that same guy that said all 3 Maiden vocalists sounded the same?

Deleted
    Well.... ;P
    Perhaps they are but that's not the reason we call them like that :P

I'll never vote for metallica or listen to them again after the stole lyrics and album art from Deathstars. I don't like theives, but it doesn't surprise me as metallica doesn't have the talent to make their own music anymore.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why in hell would I? Instead of an intelectual conversation you start screaming "OMG TROLL".. sorry, but that's just fail. But I will amuse you.

I grew up with Metallica. I loved them, until I started listening to their complete collection. It was all the same. They never really had the guts to do something new. Until St. Anger at least. And while that album was decent enough, it paled in comparison to the metal albums that were out by then. Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, tried something new once in a while.
    I really feel that they saw themselves as the Metal Gods and started thinking that they could get away with any crap they brought out. It really really made realise how overhyped a band can become.
    I said troll, because your statement was wrong, then I wrote "incase of bad wording I retract the troll" (it was bad wording). Your claim of a riot in '08 was wrong aswell, since it was in '06, and there was no riot.

Never had the guts to do something new? They did that in '84 with "Fade to Black", they were the first thrash band to make a power-ballad. In '88 they did something new again, by making a "One" musical video, they were the first thrash band to be showed on MTV. In '91 they made "The Black Album", the album that shattered the barriers between mainstream and underground, and brought metal to the masses, it also contained "Nothing Else Matters", which was a standard love-ballad, again nothing another thrash band had done before. Then came Load and Reload, where they went from thrash to a blues'ish, country-like hardrock thing, they even changed their appearance - so something new again. S&M was a new thing, the first time thrash was combined with a live orchestra. St. Anger was them trying to make soething metal'ish again, and they resulted in creating an odd sounding, nu-metal'ish album with horrible drums.

Slayer trying something new on the other hand? Their only change was their tempo and style of tuning.

No doubt that Metallica felt they were on top of the world in the 90's - guess what - they were, they still remain the biggest heavy metal band - of all time.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    I'll never vote for metallica or listen to them again after the stole lyrics and album art from Deathstars. I don't like theives, but it doesn't surprise me as metallica doesn't have the talent to make their own music anymore.
    Which album and song would that be then? Having looked at all their albums, there is nothing in coparision. As for the song, are you refering to Cyanide? If so the lyrics aren't the same, and there are loads of songs named Cyanide. I sure hope it's not Blitzkrieg.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2011-09-29 at 05:31 PM.

Which album and song would that be then?
    Can i get back to you on it? My friend who is a huge metallica fan showed me an article on it. I can't rememebr which songs exactly, but there are a couple that steal whole sections of the songs. If I get a hold of him today I'll PM you on it.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Can i get back to you on it? My friend who is a huge metallica fan showed me an article on it. I can't rememebr which songs exactly, but there are a couple that steal whole sections of the songs. If I get a hold of him today I'll PM you on it.
    It sounds odd, I just browsed through their entire catalogue and I see no resemblence, other than two songs, Cyanida and Blitzkrieg... Right I'll look forward to it.

Been listening to some Metallica again. And while the music changed. The singer didn't. He always sounds exactly the same, a grumpy old man groaning about how good the kids have it nowadays. If only he had the guts to change his style just a bit.

@Stormcall, I wasn't talking about the Great 4, I agree with that. But the whole "Those albums got only good reviews so they are godly" which is just a bad statement. Opinions are full of win :P

Been listening to some Metallica again. And while the music changed. The singer didn't. He always sounds exactly the same, a grumpy old man groaning about how good the kids have it nowadays. If only he had the guts to change his style just a bit.

@Stormcall, I wasn't talking about the Great 4, I agree with that. But the whole "Those albums got only good reviews so they are godly" which is just a bad statement. Opinions are full of win :P
    No offense man, but most singers stick with a similar style throughout their career. They sing within their range, and if you're not gifted with the range of say, Rob Halford or Ronnie James Dio, you are gonna tend to sound pretty similar throughout your career. I mean look at guys like Ozzy, he's kept the same style for 4 decades(!) now...Roger Daltrey has kept the same style as long as The Who have been playing, and what about Lemmy? Dude's a legend, but he ALWAYS sounds like Lemmy.

Deleted
    I would like to thank the mod for re-opening this thread <3

Well everyone as good days and bad days. Also they are 45+ :P

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 02:06 PM ----------

"Worship Music" is... SO GOOD! Hymn 1 with In the End is just... A complete ear-gasm. Oh and Seattle '89... Best concert in the history of ever!
    This pretty much sums up everything. As long as I have this DVD beast to watch, everything in life will be fine.

Deleted
    Metallica S&M live is soo much win ^^ but overall my vote goes to slayer ;D

Deleted
    Slayer without a doubt,...
    seen only Slayer and Megadeth live so far... metallica is dead nowadays anyway and i never could stand Anthrax in the 1st place

For the people saying Metallica stole music. Chances are they did and guess what? The band people argue is the best rock band of all time (Led Zeppelin) stole quite a few songs.

Edit - Anthrax doesn't get the respect they deserve. Their new album is amazing.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2011-10-05 at 09:47 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Slayer FTW!