Poll: What is your favourite thing about Guild Wars 2

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No Subscription
    Dynamic Events
    No Tank, etc. (no waiting time for dps)

10+ Year Old Account
    Tons of reasons, but one is all it will take for me to buy this as soon as i can, No Stupid Trinity!

Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    I'm loving the idea of no holy trinity, trying to imagine endgame game play is hard without it guess we need to see it. Joining a raid and just inviting friends and not having to look for randoms to fill tank and healing slots. Still can't wait to see how exactly it works.
    And this is why there is no end game : ) Or did I miss the raid announcement?

-Alamar

Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    And this is why there is no end game : ) Or did I miss the raid announcement?

-Alamar
    Nope, it's just that you're still living in Azeroth.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Without the holy trinity you'll be able to see who sucks when they always die. L2self heal now

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot to mention!

When a high level person (let's say 80) goes into a 10-20 zone type area, he will be reduced down to probably around 19, but he will keep some of those powerful stats. So at least on PvP servers, he'll be a challenge but not come in one-shotting everyone. And this de-leveling will also allow them to join in on events lower-level than them with their friends or guildies, so they can't rack up the most points in a heartbeat and take the gold medal; he'll have to work for it.

And the system also works the other way around, called Sidekicking. A level 80 player can make his friend's level 6 alt become 80 temporarily to help out, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I forgot to mention!

When a high level person (let's say 80) goes into a 10-20 zone type area, he will be reduced down to probably around 19, but he will keep some of those powerful stats. So at least on PvP servers, he'll be a challenge but not come in one-shotting everyone. And this de-leveling will also allow them to join in on events lower-level than them with their friends or guildies, so they can't rack up the most points in a heartbeat and take the gold medal; he'll have to work for it.

And the system also works the other way around, called Sidekicking. A level 80 player can make his friend's level 6 alt become 80 temporarily to help out, etc.
    This is one of the things I'm really happy someone is borrowing from City of Heroes/Villains... One of the best features in that 'world'. And the idea's been around for nearly a decade, yet we don't see it often... Very sad : )

-Alamar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    This is one of the things I'm really happy someone is borrowing from City of Heroes/Villains... One of the best features in that 'world'. And the idea's been around for nearly a decade, yet we don't see it often... Very sad : )

-Alamar
    yeah it looks awesome So when somebody at level 80 joins in a low level zone to do some events, he will be scaled down No Overpower ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    yeah it looks awesome So when somebody at level 80 joins in a low level zone to do some events, he will be scaled down No Overpower ^^
    Actually, as per the dev interview, you'll still be OP when scaled down... just not uber OP heh... so if the quest is lvl 10, you'll be at the top end of the expected range of 8-12.

-Alamar
    Last edited by AlamarAtMMOC; 2011-10-12 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite thing about GW2 at the moment is the combat system and how awesome it'll make PvPing. Dynamic Events come a close second.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    My favorite thing about GW2 at the moment is the combat system and how awesome it'll make PvPing. Dynamic Events come a close second.
    Yeah with the active dodging and everything GW2 will feel like an fps, but MMO combat is just so much more engaging than fps. In an fps you only have like three offensive buttons, one to shoot your gun, one to throw a grenade, and one to use a melee attack of some sort. In an MMO you just have so many more buttons to use that makes combat more interesting.

With the advent of this new video... mofucking combos with a guardian... hell... YES!

Basically he is using a skill that teleports you to the enemy + Blinds him, while also combo-ing a hammer skill that needs charge up time... and knocks someone back (and sometimes off a cliff... will try to find that pvp tidbit too )

http://youtu.be/M3f0hzQoG24
    Last edited by Cassandrea; 2011-10-14 at 04:09 AM.

I love how there is no tank/healer cause when i played wow i was a tank pally and i hated it but i did it so i could get gear and stuff so when GW2 comes out i am going to be really exited about not tanking and finaly playing a class i will enjoy go elementalists

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, only about 7-8% of the votes are from serious RPers like myself.
    That's about 1/10th of the community so far. inb4 "lol silent majority".

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be an option for the real time combat, but out of the choices, definately gotta be the dynamic events.

Dynamic Events here. I can't really agree on how ugly the casting and running animations are, especially on the Skarr (bjhoihaoidhg). I also love how you state many character customizations when there isn't really that much, unless you mean doing their story (which even then there's a limit to). So they added a color slider and a physic option, wouldn't really be noticeable when you're wearing gear.

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Nope, it's just that you're still living in Azeroth.
    And there's nothing wrong with that, unless you're discriminating in showing respect to a gamer of another game that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoggtimus Prime View Post
    Dynamic Events here. I can't really agree on how ugly the casting and running animations are, especially on the Skarr (bjhoihaoidhg). I also love how you state many character customizations when there isn't really that much, unless you mean doing their story (which even then there's a limit to). So they added a color slider and a physic option, wouldn't really be noticeable when you're wearing gear.

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 09:04 PM ----------

And there's nothing wrong with that, unless you're discriminating in showing respect to a gamer of another game that is.
    Well, you can belittle the features as much as you want, but it's certainly fresh to see all of this in ONE game upon its' release. We're getting the WHOOOOOLE package right off the bat. Besides, even though some of the thing may not be completely visable (like a face being covered by a helm), it still matters to the person playing the character, if not to anyone else.

Sure, personal story choices in the game are limited, but they're still very broad in their scope of outcomes. Judging from the videos and a little research, the game will keep the player interested because there are so many outcomes to a lot of the player's actions. So how can you really complain?

Dynamic Events (inclusive of interactive voice acting)
    Breaking of Trinity (bring player not class)
    Races (with no race beating another)
    Animations/graphics
    Open World/story
    Joining Multiple Guilds
    Many character customizations

All of these and lets not forget the beautiful music produced by Jeremy Soule.
    The music at the beginning of this trailer......just awesome.
    Last edited by Maleagant; 2011-10-28 at 02:30 AM.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

Breaking of the trinity. No more deciding who is going to play the healer or the tank, and not feeling bad that I didn't choose to be one or the other this time. Forming groups is going to be so easy and fast.

Sidekicking would have to be my second choice. I have a feeling that all my friends will be joining the game much later after release, but that won't be a problem!

Deleted
    Yeah I have to vote for breaking the trinity too. It's just another thing that ArenaNet set themselves to put aside and make the game better. No role restrictions, just pure ownage, with killer teamwork too. I just think the trinity was so damn monogonous in WoW. SW:TOR obviously does itself justice with the companion system, but both tor and gw2's methods work, i think both are great! But gw2's story pushed me over the edge, so there ^^.

May be a tiny bit off the rails, but this video shows (in my opinion) how the MMO progressed and why Gw2 is going to be so epic. (The SW:TOR section of this video is badass by the way, I choreographed the gw2 music to that trailer and it worked perfectly!)