Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehmark View Post
    BIG number one is NCsoft

I feel like I got burned on the last game that had that name on it (Aion)

That name alone makes me worry.
    NCSoft are the publisher of GW, not the developer like they were with Aion. So they actually have nothing to do with the game.

BIG number one is NCsoft

The game is developed by ArenaNet, AFAIK NCsoft is the owning (publishing) company. It's like not liking "Shadow of the Colossus" or "Ico" because it has Sony on it. Yes in both cases the owning company has a lot of influence, but still those studios can put their own stamp on things and are responsible for the quality of the game.
    The only exception would be as what kinda happened with Warhammer, where the investors (EA) wanted to see early return of their investment and pushed for a release before the developer had completed what they had in mind. I think NCSoft is smart enough not to push for an early release.

Aion and Guildwars are franchises by two entirely different studios.Think NCsoft is like Electronic Arts, ArenaNet is like Criterion[1], Aion Team is like EA Canada[2]. See? Different products, different development studios, same publisher/studio owner. Quality of the game is mostly determined by quality of the development studio.
    [1]Burnout franchise
    [2]FIFA franchise

Deleted
    The only thing I'm not in love with is the "arena" system.

The fact that it is 5v5 isn't great if im honest, I love 3v3 arena in WoW and just feel 5v5 will be too like it is (or can be) in WoW - Just inflict massive amounts of damage faster than the other team can inflict it to you... Though I suppose the combat is vastly different.

If anyone has any information on the arena-type system in GW2 can dont be afraid to correct me

BIG number one is NCsoft

You fully said my opinion. I was there on Gamescom, and the fact that they promote their game over Guild Wars 2, made me pissed off.

10+ Year Old Account
    NCsoft is to guild wars 2 as Activision is to WoW

The on thing i dont like about guild wars 2 .... hmm ... lets see ... Its not out yet. That's it

I don't like the tiny amount of races available. There's even less than RIFT.

They need to everquest this shit up and put in a dozen more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    I don't like the tiny amount of races available.
    I disagree. One of the things I really like about GW2 is that all the races matter, and are treated equally in lore and content.

Why that matters: When was the last time you saw a Draenei NPC that wasn't in the Exodar?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mif, in Sattrath.

As for what I don't like?
    The fact that I might need to play on up to five different servers, at least, to play with everyone I want to play with.

BIG number one is NCsoft

NCsoft is the publisher not the developer of guildwars 1/2. They have little to no influence on what goes into the game. Think of it like a book publisher. DelRey books does not write novles, the authors do. DelRey takes what the authors produce, package it up and see to distributing it to market. They can decide not to publish something because they dont think it will sell but they dont rewrite the stories. In the same vein ArenaNet is designing, writing, and basicly doing everything with the game that will make it what it is. NCsoft is just their pipeline to get their product to the masses.

OT I'd have to go with "Its not ready yet" for what I dislike about the game

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamfy View Post
    The only thing I'm not in love with is the "arena" system.

The fact that it is 5v5 isn't great if im honest, I love 3v3 arena in WoW and just feel 5v5 will be too like it is (or can be) in WoW - Just inflict massive amounts of damage faster than the other team can inflict it to you... Though I suppose the combat is vastly different.

If anyone has any information on the arena-type system in GW2 can dont be afraid to correct me
    If this is similar to how GW1 was then you are incorrect. Arena is a death an you're out. In the original GW you get a stacking death penalty which goes up to 60%. So basically every death gives 15%. Now, if your team has no hard rezzes or no monks/healers/etc with rezzes then you are dead. Also, each death takes more and more stats (less 15, less 30, 45, 60) so you are becoming less and less useful but you are still in the game and completing certain objectives can lower your DP (death penalty).

Now, in the case of the 5v5 I'm not sure how it will function as I had not heard this was the case but in original GW in a GvG match it was 8v8 and the matches involves an insane amount of strategy, not anywhere close to what 5v5 is or even 3v3. Typically matches lasted around 30-60 minutes unless your team was vastily superior or worse than the other team. Now, they do have spikes that is sure and spikes can one shot you but it is by no means the end of the game as both teams could be spiking at the same time, meaning each team gets a dead player. Monks also had a skill that sacrificed their health and gave it to a party member with a 1/4th second cast time. It was the anti-spike as it would save you from a spike. Because of the changes to no more healing class it'll be interesting to see how this plays out but you cannot compare GW PvP to WoW. WoW is a PvE game with some crappy PvP. GW is a PvP game with good PvE. Classes are balanced in GW and the game was focused around being fair. They do have FotM specs that do good at certain times but for the most part GW is an extremely balanced game in all aspects.

Hopefully this gives you a bit more hope for PvP as it is the focus of the game.

Disclaimer: This is entirely my view and of course is subject to change due to the vast number of changes in the game (Ex. no healing class, WvWvW PvP, etc.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    I don't like the tiny amount of races available.
    And maybe like 2 more "classes".

And I'm not sure if I like this or not but there's only 1 faction.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 06:06 PM ----------

Anyone know if there's only 1 BG?

Quote Originally Posted by Indecision View Post
    Just want to clarify;

When you buy the game, you get ALL content available for GW2, obviously not counting expansion packs, like WoW has. But they won't be charging for dungeons and all that. The only thing in their cash shop will be cosmetic items.

OT: The thing I dislike the most would probably the lack of instanced raids, but that's hardly a worry anymore. I've read several times that there will be plenty of content and outside raids to sate my thirst for content. So I'm definitely excited.
    They have acctually not realeased ANY info about the Cash shop. And that bothers me. The question wether or not they are going to add dungeons in DLC colin answered "We are still talking about it" Might be good might be bad, just a concern of mine

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    And maybe like 2 more "classes".

And I'm not sure if I like this or not but there's only 1 faction.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 06:06 PM ----------

Anyone know if there's only 1 BG?
    There are more, and different modes if I recall. One was apperently a vertical one, like on a mountain side. I cba looking up source though.

Love your signature btw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    They have acctually not realeased ANY info about the Cash shop. And that bothers me. The question wether or not they are going to add dungeons in DLC colin answered "We are still talking about it" Might be good might be bad, just a concern of mine

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 06:08 PM ----------

There are more, and different modes if I recall. One was apperently a vertical one, like on a mountain side. I cba looking up source though.

Love your signature btw
    Hehe. Just switched today. Used to have a AppleJack one!

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys say NCsoft has nothing to do with the game BUT if you have problems with the game you call/email NCsoft, not ArenaNet. NCsoft is absolutely terrible support.

edited for example

example: Guild Wars 1 support
    https://help.ncsoft.com/app/ask

I didn't play GW1 so hopefully you folks that have can share how active the devs are in fixing things
    Last edited by tehmark; 2011-09-27 at 04:17 PM.

Deleted
    the only thing i dont like is that you cant pvp outside WvWvW and "BGs" u cant even duel eachother, that sux imo

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys say NCsoft has nothing to do with the game BUT if you have problems with the game you call/email NCsoft, not ArenaNet
    Well if we go back and use this example again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel
    NCsoft is the publisher not the developer of guildwars 1/2. They have little to no influence on what goes into the game. Think of it like a book publisher. DelRey books does not write novles, the authors do. DelRey takes what the authors produce, package it up and see to distributing it to market.
    If you bought a book and it fell apart, would you complain to the publisher, or the guy that wrote the book?

I don't like that there are only 5 character slots (still not confirmed, but it seems likely). Yeah, they have to make money and all, blah blah blah. But it drives me nuts. I feel like I'm forced to choose which professions I want to play, and I want to play them all. I'll probably end up buying more slots eventually, but I'd really rather use that money for something else, especially when my family needs all the money it can get... I guess I'll have to deal. =/

Other than that though, my complaints are few and far between.

What don't I like about it? It's not released yet.

I don't like the lack of "be a dick" option.