Any immediate flaws or improvements that could be made to my build?

Hello ^^

Hope this is okay, I did try to read the forum rules first and took a template from one of the stickies.

I'm going to be assembling a new pc this week, but I am a little lacking in knowledge as to what is currently good hardware.
    So I thought I would run it past the guys with the technical know-how first.
    As the title says, are there any immediate flaws in my proposed build, or any improvements you would suggest and if so why?

Additional info:
    I am open to ordering parts from different suppliers, but would like them to remain in the UK as I live in England.
    The motherboard CPU and ram are part of an overclocked package that SCAN do, as such I'm a little reluctant to change those as I do not want to do the overclocking myself.

I would also like to incorporate a 120GB SSD into this build, provided my motherboard supports it?

Many thanks, Jay.

Case-
    Manufacturer:Coolermaster
    Model #:HAF 932
    Name: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advance Black Full Tower Case with USB 3.0 w/o PSU
    Link if possible: .scan.co.uk/products/coolermaster-haf-932-advance-black-full-tower-case-with-usb-30-w-o-psu

Ram-
    Manufacturer: Corsair
    Model #:
    Speed: 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 1.5V
    Size: 8GB (2x4GB)
    Link if possible: .scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-ddr3-vengeance-jet-black-lp-pc3-12800-(1600)-non-ecc-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v

CPU-
    Manufacturer: Intel
    Model #: i5 Unlocked 2500K Sandy Bridge Quad Core Processor
    Speed: 3.3GHZ GPU 850MHz 6MB Cache 95W - Overclocked to 4.5GHz
    Link if possible: .scan.co.uk/products/intel-core-i5-2500k-unlocked-s1155-sandy-bridge-quad-core-33ghz-gpu-850mhz-6mb-cache-95w-retail

PSU-
    Manufacturer: Coolermaster
    Model #: GX550
    Wattage:550W
    Link if possible:.scan.co.uk/products/550w-psu-coolermaster-gx-rs550-acaae3-uk-85-eff-80-plus-bronze-sli-crossfire-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-v

GPU-
    Manufacturer: MSI / Nvidia
    Model #: MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti TWIN FROZR II 1GB
    DxDiag: DX 11 < I think?
    Link if possible: .scan.co.uk/products/1gb-msi-gtx-560-ti-twin-frozr-ii-oc-40nm-4200mhz-gddr5-gpu-880mhz-shader-1760mhz-384-cores-plusfree-

Mobo-
    Manufacturer: Gigabyte
    Model #: GA-Z68AP-D3 Z68
    Link if possible: .scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ga-z68ap-d3-intel-z68-s-1155-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-raid-sata-pcie-20-(x16)-vga-on-board-atx

Sound Card-
    Happy with on-board

Network Card-
    No need provided mobo has onboard

================
    Now what is it you want....

Upgrade or New Computer: New computer

Willing to Self Build or a Pre-Built:Willing to self build, not self-overclock

How much you want to spend: £800ish

How much you can spend: Not more than £900, unless a drastic improvement for a just a few £.

What all you plan to use it for: Heavy gaming, and photoshop etc.

What Operating system you want to use & Bit: Windows 7 64, Have CD+unused serial.

What Resolution you hope to be in: Dual screen + 1680x1024 til I purchase a better monitor

What Settings do you Want & how much FPS: 60+, smooth on ULTRA

What Country are you from: England

What can you re-use: I have a 250GB HDD I will be incorporating into with an SSD

Network will be wired or wireless: Wired.
    Last edited by jaay; 2011-09-27 at 03:05 PM.

Seems all good to me, though I'd go with a better brand for the psu, like corsair/antec/seasonic.
    SSD's just use the standard sata connections so all mobos should support them. Just make sure the SSD comes with a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter, or get one yourself, so you can mount it in an hdd slot on your case.
    If you don't end up getting an ssd, then definitely get a new hdd... you don't want to use an old one as your boot drive (using it as secondary storage is fine).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ok thanks ^^. Would you have any suggestions as to a good SSD? I'm kinda clueless as to what makes a decent one.

Quote Originally Posted by jaay View Post
    Ok thanks ^^. Would you have any suggestions as to a good SSD? I'm kinda clueless as to what makes a decent one.
    Corsair Force and Crucial M4 are both good/reliable from what I've heard.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Right now I'd praise the Crucial M4 128GB. It's gone down in price to about $185 and has excellent reviews. The Corsair Force GT is another good one, but with the Crucial price drop the Corsair is more expensive.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

15+ Year Old Account
    The Crucial M4 and the intel SSDs are top of the class right now.

Solid build!

/stamp