Thread: Realms

Deleted

Realms

So i wont be picking this game up untill a month after release or so but a couple of friends have done the pre order. Now i read that there was going to be a kind of staggered release of realms so they dont go *poof* with all the people that will flood into them. Any info how this is working in the long run? Will they fill a realm with x amount and then lock it so you will have to jump into the next one? Obviously i will be wanting to join the realm they end up on and am wondering if there is any info on how it will all work?

Just make all your friends and yourself join the same guild. You guys will automatically be placed on the same realm.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Pre-made guilds are presumably being spread around the different severs, with single players joining in picking whatever server looks appealing. As to the server your friends pick becoming one of the "full" overpopulated ones, it's anybody's guess.

Locking a realm would be the last resort, and nobody would have information of that yet (that I'm aware of, spoken or officially released).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Just make all your friends and yourself join the same guild. You guys will automatically be placed on the same realm.
    Only if the preorder limit (4 I believe) is met.

As for the OP, we have no idea. They have not released anything about that yet. What you heard is just a rumor. It's not been confirmed or even hinted at by the devs.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Realms? Youve got the wrong game here bud.

---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Only if the preorder limit (4 I believe) is met.

As for the OP, we have no idea. They have not released anything about that yet. What you heard is just a rumor. It's not been confirmed or even hinted at by the devs.
    Actually they glanced over it a while ago. Their intentions were to throw up a few servers, stagger players into them, then when theyre at the desired population level, to open up more. This way, there wont be any dead servers ala wow when they opened up a ton of them and most stayed empty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
    Realms? Youve got the wrong game here bud.
    Yeah well server or what ever.

I guess i will have to see if i can join up with them after i pick up the game.

I have a few friends in my guild that are doing the same thing since they will be out of town for the holiday season. It does worry me a little that they won't be able to be there when the guild launches and what if the server gets overloaded? What if they lock it? Will my friends be able to be in my guild still? Only time will tell and we will just have to cross that bridge when we get there.

If they are playing early access and you are not most likely they will be on a higher populated realm, i doubt locking will occur but you may have to deal with queues.

Its all speculation but I imagine they would release a fresh set of servers on "launch day" that are brand new as of that date.

Early access is probably looking to be 3-7days, so fresh servers on launch day. I don't think they won't let you choose your server to play with friends, and as long as your guild hits the pre-order minimum (4 i think) people will get assigned to the correct server anyway no matter when they log in.