10+ Year Old Account

Herald of the Titans run

(Server: US-Stormrage)
    Hi everyone,

You may remember us posting a few months ago about a Herald of the Titans run. We had a great response to it but the vast majority of players ended up not being able to level to 80 so the run was postponed. We are again seeking to start this run and invite anyone to join us who's up to the challenge. We currently have 7 fully confirmed members so we are only seeking 3 more dedicated individuals for this attempt.

What is Herald of the Titans?
    Herald of the Titans is a feat of strength achieved once you defeat Algalon the Observer in Ulduar in a 10 man raid while being level 80 and only wearing Ulduar 10 man gear. This means you can only have i226 armor (relic, helm, chest, etc.) and i232 weapons (shield, off-hand, main-hand, etc.) max (though anything lower ilevel is okay too). The feat grants the title "Herald of the Titans" once it is achieved.

It's not in the game still is it?
    It absolutely is. This is confirmed by a GM as well as a few players profiles we reviewed after Cataclysm was released. They did change it to a Feat of Strength (it was previously an achievement) and modified it to require being level 80.

How can I join?
    We are located on the Stormrage server on the Alliance side and our guild is named One Light. A player named Rare will be your main contact.

Previously we requested people not server transfer existing 80's due to not wanting to be responsible in case the run fell apart, but this time we fully encourage it to ensure participation. This is due in part to realizing the tremendous dedication it takes to get to level 80 (despite it only taking around 2 solid weeks) as well as this being our final attempt to piece this together. If you have an existing 80 you are more than welcome to server transfer to join us. Please confirm with Rare before doing this to ensure we have a raid slot open for you.

If you do not have an 80 but are willing to level one very quickly please contact us by creating a character in game and whispering Rare. He is usually online ~6:30 pm CST. We expect you to be 80 as soon as possible if you are choosing this route.

PLEASE ADD RARE TO YOUR BATTLE.NET REAL ID FRIENDS LIST SO WE CAN COORDINATE WITH YOU! His email is sinning at gmail dot com. You may also send him an email to check if slots are still open.

What classes do you need?
    We currently have our tank and heal classes taken. We are looking for DPS largely so the following ranged classes are ideal:

Druid (Boomkin)
    Warlock (Affliction)
    Mage (any spec)

We will absolutely allow any other class, provided you are willing to grind dungeons with us to gear your character up.

What is the timeframe for making attempts? Will you help me gear?
    We are making practice runs in mid-October with a projected finish date in late October or mid-November. We will be performing many gear runs (largely grinding ICC 5 mans for gear/JPs to buy gear with) in mid-October. We will do as much as we possibly can to help you to ensure you're ready to raid.

When will attempts occur?
    Largely on the weekends. We will most likely raid Saturday around noon and go for 3-4 hours or until we're satisfied with progress.

If you have any other questions please contact Rare by email. Thank you!
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2011-09-27 at 06:44 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Do you get an tittle?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Do you get an tittle?
    The feat grants the title "Herald of the Titans" once it is achieved.
    Honestly....

Deleted
    is this on EU or US?

nvm, checked it on armory, and it US, anyways, gl with it, hope you get the title
    Last edited by mmoca7539b483f; 2011-09-27 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...drood/advanced check me out!

Still needs work, and it's a resto druid, I know!

Deleted
    EDIT: My bad, read it all.

I currently have a pally that I am gearing up for a HotT run. Just looking for a group

Currently getting gear together for ret and prot specs.

Thanks for the idea, will try get some guildee's to do this, sounds awesome

Hi,
    The server xfer would not make a difference whether the title would be rewarded, would it? That principle only applies to server firsts?

10+ Year Old Account
    This only applies to world first: http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=42330
    Will I receive realm first achievements if I transfer to a realm where the achievements have not been completed?

If you use the Character Transfer to move a character, whether that be across realms or across accounts on the same realm, that character will not be eligible for any Realm First achievements until 60 days have passed. Once 60 days have passed since the PCT, the character will become eligible once again for Realm First achievements.
    We are almost full so make sure to contact Rare with the information from original post if you are interested. We will be doing some gearing activities Sat afternoon.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Are you guys planning to keep those characters at Level 80 and on that server? I would imagine that in the future, you could sell the title for serious buyers, having a group already formed and ready to go at any notice. The reason that I am asking is because I am currently leveling some new Toons, and would love to get the title on one of them since I had to quit WoW on my main near the end of WotLK (when I had already taken the time to farm the gear up for Herald =[ ). But they are nowhere near 80 yet.

XtO

10+ Year Old Account
    Few updates for this run
    1) First kill complete. Here is my mage with title: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aitha/advanced

2) Doing one final run November 5th. We still have room for one more DPS spot (Mage, Boomkin, Warlock, maybe another hunter). Server transfers welcome but you must be geared and ready to go by raid or you will be sat. Switching from mage to Druid(healz) for this run so would like to have someone pulling 6-10k min in Herald gear.

PLEASE ADD RARE TO YOUR BATTLE.NET REAL ID FRIENDS LIST SO WE CAN COORDINATE WITH YOU! His email is sinning at gmail dot com. You may also send him an email to check if slots are still open.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2011-10-26 at 06:32 PM.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    (Server: US-Stormrage)
    Hi everyone,

You may remember us posting a few months ago about a Herald of the Titans run. We had a great response to it but the vast majority of players ended up not being able to level to 80 so the run was postponed. We are again seeking to start this run and invite anyone to join us who's up to the challenge. We currently have 7 fully confirmed members so we are only seeking 3 more dedicated individuals for this attempt.

What is Herald of the Titans?
    Herald of the Titans is a feat of strength achieved once you defeat Algalon the Observer in Ulduar in a 10 man raid while being level 80 and only wearing Ulduar 10 man gear. This means you can only have i226 armor (relic, helm, chest, etc.) and i232 weapons (shield, off-hand, main-hand, etc.) max (though anything lower ilevel is okay too). The feat grants the title "Herald of the Titans" once it is achieved.

It's not in the game still is it?
    It absolutely is. This is confirmed by a GM as well as a few players profiles we reviewed after Cataclysm was released. They did change it to a Feat of Strength (it was previously an achievement) and modified it to require being level 80.

How can I join?
    We are located on the Stormrage server on the Alliance side and our guild is named One Light. A player named Rare will be your main contact.

Previously we requested people not server transfer existing 80's due to not wanting to be responsible in case the run fell apart, but this time we fully encourage it to ensure participation. This is due in part to realizing the tremendous dedication it takes to get to level 80 (despite it only taking around 2 solid weeks) as well as this being our final attempt to piece this together. If you have an existing 80 you are more than welcome to server transfer to join us. Please confirm with Rare before doing this to ensure we have a raid slot open for you.

If you do not have an 80 but are willing to level one very quickly please contact us by creating a character in game and whispering Rare. He is usually online ~6:30 pm CST. We expect you to be 80 as soon as possible if you are choosing this route.

What classes do you need?
    We currently have our tank and heal classes taken. We are looking for DPS largely so the following ranged classes are ideal:

Druid (Boomkin)
    Warlock (Affliction)
    Mage (any spec)

We will absolutely allow any other class, provided you are willing to grind dungeons with us to gear your character up.

What is the timeframe for making attempts? Will you help me gear?
    We are making practice runs in mid-October with a projected finish date in late October or mid-November. We will be performing many gear runs (largely grinding ICC 5 mans for gear/JPs to buy gear with) in mid-October. We will do as much as we possibly can to help you to ensure you're ready to raid.

When will attempts occur?
    Largely on the weekends. We will most likely raid Saturday around noon and go for 3-4 hours or until we're satisfied with progress.

If you have any other questions please contact Rare by email. Thank you!
    Hello there. I just happened to drop by your thread this evening. I would really like to get that title. However, I am on Doomhamer. I was also currently looking for a new home/realm to transfer to. I don't know much regarding Stormrage except that its the 2nd best Alliance PVE realm on wowprogress. But I've seen Doomhammer drop in activity since WTLK. People are mostly on at nights and that to only a hand full.

I am currently leveling a druid Feral/Balance/Resto. She is level 45. I have not quested at all since level 15. So my LFD spec is Resto and my Off spec is Balance. I could also go Feral at level 80 if needed. But I would also be bringing my other toons with me if I transfer (Hunter and Priest). There are level 85s.

So I just have a couple questions for you?

1. How is Stormrage as a realm? Are people friendly?
    2. Is the realm active? Like is there always something to do?
    3. Would you recommend I transfer my mains as well? Thanks for all your help.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont be able to transfer in time to do Herald unless you have a geared 80 you can transfer by Nov 5th, that's our last planned run.

3. Would you recommend I transfer my mains as well? Thanks for all your help.
    1) I mostly play with RL friends but met plenty of people on the server I like so would say yes.
    2) There is an active raiding community with plenty of pugs available, so if thats what your looking for on your 85 it's not a bad idea.
    3) That's up to you, depends what you want to do with your main and how you feel about coughing up more $$$ to Blizz.
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    OK we are looking for one more server transfer for our Nov 5th run (yes tomorrow). Looking for a Herald geared 80 DPS that can make our Stormrage run at 8 PM CST / 9 PM EST. PM me or contact Rare from original post info.

This is our second run to get some standby's alt's the achievement. Here is my mage with title from first run: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alaitha/simple
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the post about the general activity on Stormrage, I myself play there, and must say its the most amazing server for doing old content. I recently finished my Val'anyr legendary (late, I know, I know), and have done about 8-10 Ulduar 25man runs (and more still, now my guildie wants to finish his) for both the Ironbound Proto-drakes as well as other extra achievements. So yes, its a very upbeat and good server to get things like this accomplished. For the most part, the runs go smoothly and people are generally coordinated and listen well. And most of us on Stormrage are of friendly nature.
    Last edited by Crestt; 2011-11-04 at 02:59 PM.

It may not have been fixed, but don't wear any cataclysm tabards. We tried a run the last week before cata came out and it didn't count because of a bilgewater cartel tabard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldglover07 View Post
    It may not have been fixed, but don't wear any cataclysm tabards. We tried a run the last week before cata came out and it didn't count because of a bilgewater cartel tabard.
    Not sure if it's fixed, we had everyone remove tabards to be safe.
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    OK had to push our last run back to the 12th or 13th, if you have a geared character and are willing to transfer let us know. We have a spot for one DPS.
    [/URL]