Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The amperage on the 12v-line is enough to handle it without being worried.

The recommendations from graphics card- and board partner manufacturers is upped to account for lower quality PSUs than those included in the OP, but still claim to be 600watts or whatever.

So this is only Desktop sample builds. Will you post som Labtop recommendations aswell at some point? Because i might be on the lookout for a laptop this or next month.
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warptwist View Post
    So this is only Desktop sample builds. Will you post som Labtop recommendations aswell at some point? Because i might be on the lookout for a laptop this or next month.
    If you give us a budget to work with, many of us will be able to help you out.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I was wondering what I could do with $300 to build a better pc then I got.

My current setup is Motherboard: Foxconn A74GA|Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit|Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 B22 Processor 2.80ghz|RAM: 6GB DDR3 PC3-10600|Video Card: XFX 7750 Core Edition 1GB DDR5|Resolution: 1280 x 720.

The Video card/OS and RAM ill use from this system and ill use my current case as well. So I am looking for CPU,Mobo,Hard Drive of at lease 150gig and a DVD drive. A bonus would also be a new powersupply because my current one is only 400W.

I know 300$ is a tie budget and I was just mainly wondering what I could do with it.

Looking to run some MMO and games better then I do on my current system. To give you guys a idea of how they run now here is some examples.

GW2 with a mix of low/medium settings runs 20fps in dungeons and open world.
    State of Decay runs 30fps at medium settings.
    Saints Row The Third runs 25-30fps at max settings.
    Battlefield 3 runs 20-30fps at high settings.
    Rift runs at 20-25fps everywhere on I do believe low settings maybe medium.
    all res is in 1280 x 720.

If u can add in a case unto the budget that would be cool as well but if it can't be done thats fine.

Also to add ill be using the same Monitor/keyboard & Mouse.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-11-27 at 09:14 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

update? ^____^

Deleted
    I'm sorry this thread has fallen behind. I've scheduled an overhaul and update early next year. Until then, happy holidays!

That'd be great bc im planning to buy something like 370/460 builds for my father.

Quote Originally Posted by Alantor View Post
    That'd be great bc im planning to buy something like 370/460 builds for my father.
    I suggest you start a thread of your own for some feedback, as well as help until Marest pulls together the new updates.

Are the machines on the front page of this thread still relevant? The 1500$ one seems pretty sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very much so
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say very much so, I'd rather stick with mostly so.. Some pricings may have shifted, and AMD did just release new processors, with a few more to come, which probably will impact some of the builds here. But not the $1500 build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna bump this, prices and stock are a bit out of date.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    So i've seen it on the forum aswell. ASRock motherboards being recommended allot in the mid-range level. For example a Z87(m) Extreme 4 with a 4670K. I'd like to point out that ASRock's buildquality in this pricerange is really subpar to the competition. Especially in the overclocking featurelist and VRM department. They use really cheap parts there, they run hot and are very unstable. (D-PAK mosfets, phasedoublers for makerketing, ferrite inductors... etc)

F.E.
    I wasn't able to overclock my 4670K on the extreme4 above 4.4ghz, even with 1.3V. On the MSI z87i gaming AC i do 4.5ghz with ~1.2V....
    Also teh BIOS of the extrem4 got stuck occasionally, failed to boot, had no dynamic overclocking features, really crappy audio quality, etc etc.

I'd really advise against recommending ASRock boards here, i'd rather see gigabyte/ASUS or MSI boards there... Yes they're cheap, and seem to have the features to boot. But they ultimately fail in terms of build quality.

EDIT:
    http://sinhardware.com/images/vrmlist.png
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-02-28 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I'm sorry this thread has fallen behind. I've scheduled an overhaul and update early next year. Until then, happy holidays!
    Any ETA on this by chance?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Majesticii, only thing is, not everyone is going to be overclocking super hardcore. The ASRock boards are more than good enough for most people.

Also, see my CPU OC thread, which you posted in, some of the best overclocks in there were done on ASRock boards...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    I'm not going to pretend I know everything about capacitor rating etc. but from what I can tell by looking at the VRM list the Extreme4+ Asrock doesn't seem to be all that bad and not worse than other boards around the same budget.

Why do people suggest the CPU/GPU combos for gaming rigs? Aren't you going to be relying on independent GPUs?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Why do people suggest the CPU/GPU combos for gaming rigs? Aren't you going to be relying on independent GPUs?
    Can you be a little more specific? Maybe it's just me but I'm not following.

I see people recommending APUs for dedicated gaming setups, I.e. chips that come with integrated graphics. I'd think if you were making a dedicated gaming rig with an independent GPU, that would be redundant.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I see people recommending APUs for dedicated gaming setups, I.e. chips that come with integrated graphics. I'd think if you were making a dedicated gaming rig with an independent GPU, that would be redundant.
    There is only 1 build like that, the Extreme Budget Gaming 460. I see what you mean though, looks a bit odd.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze