Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    No offense, but you're still stealing from notch. All of you should have bought your own copy. Not that it's any of my buisness, but the game is cool enough to warrant a purchase for everyone.
    None taken because quite frankly, I don't give a damn. Sorry to be blunt about it. People share books, movies, music, etc, especially among family members. If everybody wanted to read the same $20 hardcover book in my house, do you think I'd go out and buy 5 copies of it? Nope. If everybody in my house wanted to play CoD Modern Warfare 3 on the xbox, do you think I'd go out and buy 5 copies of the $60 game? Nope. Same goes for Minecraft, especially for a game in it's Beta phase still.

The more people playing it will only equate to more word of mouth and a farther reach into it's possible consumer base. Keeping in mind that the guys at Mojang don't do much advertising, if my friends / family talk about minecraft with other people, and that gets them interested and they buy the game isntead of borrowing my account (I know of at least three friends who have bought the game because I began posting shots of it to Facebook), that only equates to more money for Mojang when the game is actually released.

This is also along the lines of what Notch has previously stated on his tumbler account: How Piracy Works

And an article related to this containing quotes from Notch himself during a press-release: Press-Release

And all of that being said, depending on how good the final release of Minecraft is, I'll probably buy it when it hits release.
    Last edited by Lawlocoptor; 2011-10-04 at 12:01 AM.
    I sold out 4 years ago, when I sold to Major League Gaming. And I think you're a troll.
    - Boub

It ruins the screenshots though!

Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    It ruins the screenshots though!
    I know Maybe I'll just write a mod that gets rid of it.
    I sold out 4 years ago, when I sold to Major League Gaming. And I think you're a troll.
    - Boub