Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Time to get to max level?

So has any news (disregarding beta leaks) about how long it should take on average to level a character to max level take? Is it gonna be similar to how wow is now where it can be done fairly quickly? Or will it take some time like a month. I know some people can burn through it quickly but i just wanna know how long the developer wants us to take. Also will there be any heirloom type gear that will be implemented or not?

The current developer quote is that, if you take your time, admire the story, and play through steadily, you'll hit about 200 hours played to finish the story. Where in that you hit max level, we're not sure. I'm pretty certain that it will be before you reach the end of the story lines though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I will take one character and try to race for max level and then try to level slowly for the full story on another. I thrive on endgame content and I aim to get max level ASAP in SWTOR.

I really would love it to be 200hrs playtime for max level but im guessing thats not gonna be the case, alot of games say stuff like ''40 hours'' ''70 hours'' to complete etc etc but never turns out that way.

Given what we have heard from devs about this it will be slow to level your first time if you are watching the story. They will not be rewarding people with achievements for burning through content just to get to max level first.

As far as heirlooms, we are not sure. We have not heard of anything like that aside from the legacy system which is one of the few systems we have no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    I really would love it to be 200hrs playtime for max level but im guessing thats not gonna be the case, alot of games say stuff like ''40 hours'' ''70 hours'' to complete etc etc but never turns out that way.
    This is Bioware though. They said in a recent interview with totalbiscuit that just Chapter 1 (there are a total of 3) is longer than a playthrough of KOTOR.
    I am Dave ! Yognaut and I have the balls! *salutes*

Yeah but everyone thats played KOTOR have done so in different finishing times....tho id be happy with 3 KOTORs worth of time

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your playstyle mostly and how many cutscenes you skip.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Yeah but everyone thats played KOTOR have done so in different finishing times....tho id be happy with 3 KOTORs worth of time
    I always give up trying to play KOTOR because I seem to get lost quiet alot from my quest objectives and spend 1-2 hours trying to find said quest and complete it ;/

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really understand how people think they are going to blow through this game. I mean from what I have read there are group quests with group dialogues that have multiple ways of unfolding dependent on choices made by the group or individuals in the group that will have a permanent affect on what happens next. Seems to me the only way to successfully blow through anything in this game would be to solo grind mobs.

Well they said "an average playthrough" so I'd guess average would be you don't take in every detail like it's the last game you'll ever play, but you don't skip dialogue and pass up side quests either.
    I am Dave ! Yognaut and I have the balls! *salutes*

What is the actual max-level? I've already seen quite a few people with a "50" (lvl) in their signature..

IF reaching the max-level is done in a long weekend, I would be reasonably disappointed seeing 100's of L50 players running around after the 1st week (which will probably happen).
    On secont thought, maybe I'll join 'em though... After all, I took a week off of work to level my Jedi in SWG;
    made it to Knight, working on Guardian with no deaths (thanks to the force-throw vs lair exploit for 3k-4k Jedi xp).
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

200 hours is the figure from Bioware for the average player. This is roughly equivalent to the time it took for the average player to get to 60 in vanilla WoW.

You can probably expect power-levelers to get to 50 in 120-150 hours.

I think a lot of people who say they're going to blow through SWTOR are basing that statement on how quickly they can blow through the first 70 levels of WoW today.....many of them I would bet never experienced the 1 to 60 trek back in the days of vanilla and I think a lot of people who pride themselves on getting to 70, 80, and 85 in a matter of a couple of days are in for a bit of a surprise

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about max level. But story-wise TB asked DE about how long it would take to get through your class story. Question asked at around 10:11. But "chapter one(of your 3 chapter story) is longer, by quite a bit, than the average play-through of the original Kotor."

I guess if you didn't play KotoR this has little meaning for you... Other than to let you know you lived under a rock during 2003.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-09-28 at 07:17 PM.

People who care about max level times aren't going to sit through dialogue and cutscenes and exploration. For those people I suspect leveling time will be under 50 hours. For people who will take their time to enjoy the content, anywhere from 75 hours to 200 depending on level of laid-backness.

Is it wrong that everytime i see any new information about this game, or anything to do with it i get more excited.

Im going to a nervous reck by the time early access starts

Deleted
    din't he say in the end that there is 8 of them?
    Last edited by mmoc1df05d2972; 2011-09-28 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    During an interview, the lead story designer stated that chapter 1 will be as long as the old KOTOR games. Can't remember the exact number of chapters though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    During an interview, the lead story designer stated that chapter 1 will be as long as the old KOTOR games. Can't remember the exact number of chapters though.
    3 Chapters/class
    Quote Originally Posted by MmoFanatic View Post
    din't he say in the end that there is 8 of them?
    He means 8 stories to play through. IE// 8 classes.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-09-28 at 09:31 PM.