Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Dunno how long. Don't care

Gonna take all the time I damn-well want to enjoy an entirely new game and universe, without competing with some cretin who wants to be the next Athene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.... so each section will be as long as Kotor1 (roughly) and there's three sections per class....

and eight classes...

that's 24x the length of Kotor...

yeah, I wont be leave my house for like 6 months while I CANNON all those stories back to back
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I doubt it'll be very long. Even if you don't skip cutscenes, I'm sure you could get to max level in a week.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I dont really understand how people think they are going to blow through this game. I mean from what I have read there are group quests with group dialogues that have multiple ways of unfolding dependent on choices made by the group or individuals in the group that will have a permanent affect on what happens next. Seems to me the only way to successfully blow through anything in this game would be to solo grind mobs.
    Neither do I. Those types of people ruin games by making them about competition and working way too hard for a game/passtime, they don't play the game for story or fun, just to boost their fragile self esteem.

I hope the game takes a very long time to reach max level, it will happen but it will be sad to see people max level in the first week/weekend.

I'm going to take my time and treat the game properly as a passtime, enjoying the work put into story, voice acting and character development, not rush to the end because I need to feel special by beating a meaningless boss and parading around like a fool showing off pixel items.

Games should be fun, not cut-throat, study and play for hours on end so I can say I'm the best at something ultimately meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    Neither do I. Those types of people ruin games by making them about competition and working way too hard for a game/passtime, they don't play the game for story or fun, just to boost their fragile self esteem.

I hope the game takes a very long time to reach max level, it will happen but it will be sad to see people max level in the first week/weekend.

I'm going to take my time and treat the game properly as a passtime, enjoying the work put into story, voice acting and character development, not rush to the end because I need to feel special by beating a meaningless boss and parading around like a fool showing off pixel items.

Games should be fun, not cut-throat, study and play for hours on end so I can say I'm the best at something ultimately meaningless.
    It's rude to assume that everyone who rushes their leveling experience is doing it because they have incredibly low self-esteem issues that need filling.

Different people have different ways of enjoying games. What you may not think is fun, other people do. Just because they're playing a way you don't think is right doesn't mean they're not having fun.

When I find a really good book I like to spend all day reading it until I finish it. I've finished 700 page books in a day, not because I want to go on the internet and post "I'M DONE LOLZ YOU'RE NOT DONE YET?" but because I love it and I don't want to stop. That's how I'll approach this game as well.

And no, I won't be skipping cutscenes and choosing random dialogue options, but I doubt that those would add at most a day of play time.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-09-29 at 02:05 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, it'll be a month or two before I get to main level. But I'm gonna be an altoholic who does everything and won't be surprised if somebody achieves max level within three days, because some people just don't give a damn.
    Scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist - George Carlin (1937-2008)

I've played for probably close to 16hr over these last 3 days, doing every quest and not skipping dialogue, and if I had to guess I would say maybe 30min-1hr of that was being afk for various reasons. My guy is about 3/4 the way to being lvl 17 if that gives you any indication of leveling speed.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTape View Post
    This is Bioware though. They said in a recent interview with totalbiscuit that just Chapter 1 (there are a total of 3) is longer than a playthrough of KOTOR.
    That is AWESOME! A Chapter that is longer than KOTOR should be including some very good stories then.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeerid View Post
    I've played for probably close to 16hr over these last 3 days, doing every quest and not skipping dialogue, and if I had to guess I would say maybe 30min-1hr of that was being afk for various reasons. My guy is about 3/4 the way to being lvl 17 if that gives you any indication of leveling speed.
    How would you rate the game overall? Is it immersive?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    That is AWESOME! A Chapter that is longer than KOTOR should be including some very good stories then.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 12:36 AM ----------

How would you rate the game overall? Is it immersive?
    I would say it's definitely immersive. The story line that I was playing last build and the one I'm playing this build have just drawn me in and I can't wait to find out what happens next. Landscapes and scenery have just been awesome to look at. The game itself is good. Quests are enjoyable, dialogue is well done and pretty funny at times, pvp is a lot of fun. I've just been having a really enjoyable experience with it.

I may take a month or two off from endgaming TOR and just enjoy the leveling experience. That's going to be a really different approach from how I've played WoW, but I think experiencing a Bioware RPG at its proper pacing is worth it.

Regardless of how long it's going to take it will be a blast.

Deleted
    NDA is still on right?

I'm going to take my sweet time and enjoy the story and leveling as I did in KOTOR 1&2.

Deleted
    I think if you are powerlevelling you are doing it wrong, the newly released game will have endgame content, sure, but there wont be loads of it. I think for a while the levelling experience will the the meat of the game, and endgame will be added to later.

Quote Originally Posted by MmoFanatic View Post
    NDA is still on right?
    Yes, NDA is still in place. Do I follow it? Not really, no. I talk to my friends about it and have even let a few of them play it themselves.

we are looking at like just over 2 weeks of 12 hours aday play time, so will take afair while.

I don't know why people hate on other that are going to speed through their first time. I plan on leveling pretty fast the first time, it's not like the story is going anywhere. I'll comeback and level at a slower pace the 2nd time through.

OT: I imagine it will take the average player a month to hit 50.

month seems about right, i was planning to do the same power level my first char i can enjoy the story on my alts that is what they are there for, there will probably alot more to do at max level also.

If it takes the average player to hit level 50 in 200 hours, then thats 8.3 days. Most players can't play 24 hours for 8-9 days, so expect the average powerleveller to hit level 50 in 2 weeks (give or take).

I wonder what the possibilities are that exp has been increased for betas, given how quickly you made it to 17?

Roughly a level an hour it seems but even with that being stretched out as your level experience requirements get higher and higer it still seems fast from what you tell.