Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizz unannounced MMO won't be discussed at BlizzCon

Just read it and just to stick in the MMO forums:
    Originally Posted by Takralus (Blue Tracker)
    Some of you might have seen some recent speculation out there regarding the unannounced MMO and BlizzCon. There’s going to be a ton of information and content at the show — including a closing concert by Foo Fighters, which we just revealed — but we want to be clear up front that we’re not going to be discussing the unannounced MMO.

I wasn't really expecting them to. Too soon yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    I wasn't really expecting them to. Too soon yet
    i wasnt expecting much, just maybe a tiny bit of info would have been nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I was expecting a little bit of info, so this is sad to hear. Cool to hear the Foo is the closing act this year. Loved the D last year. Might actually get the stream this year even though I am on a WoW hiatus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a huge surprise, considering WoW expansion info, SC2 expansion info, and D3 info will likely all be this year.

Did anyone really expect them to talk about that?

Does this mean there is another MMO besides Titan they're working on? Sorry if this is common knowledge for most people, but other than WoW I don't keep up with Blizzard information.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Does this mean there is another MMO besides Titan they're working on? Sorry if this is common knowledge for most people, but other than WoW I don't keep up with Blizzard information.
    Titan is the other MMO that Blizzard is working on.

okay, so here`s a question... when people found the trademarked MoP thing they were denying that and tip toeing around saying "most of the time things to do with pandas have to do with action figures or comic books", so.. whose to say they`re not just saying that to ruin the surprise? *shrug* I don`t think they`d bring it up personally, but it`s not like they could try to not hide it.

All I was expecting was a name, an ominous release date in the far future, and possibly a trailer that wouldn't give any information what-so-ever.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    okay, so here`s a question... when people found the trademarked MoP thing they were denying that and tip toeing around saying "most of the time things to do with pandas have to do with action figures or comic books", so.. whose to say they`re not just saying that to ruin the surprise? *shrug* I don`t think they`d bring it up personally, but it`s not like they could try to not hide it.
    Whatever it will be, I'd expect the next expansion to be discussed. It's their last focused chance to unveil it before release, unless it's delayed for E3 2012. MoP is as plausible as any other idea.

They may of course chose not to discuss it, but I'm sure someones gonna ask during Q & A

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Titan is the other MMO that Blizzard is working on.
    See that's what's odd about them saying there is an unannounced MMO. Sure they haven't truly announced Titan but Titan is common knowledge, even Blizzard has made references to Titan in interviews. That's why I got confused because although we know nothing of Titan we know Titan exists with confirmation by Blizzard, that's why I thought there was another MMO they're working on beside Titan. But I'm up to speed now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, thought they might mention it. I would like to at least have an idea of the lore/world they're constructing.
    Forever the proponent of special snowflakes everywhere.

Deleted
    See that's what's odd about them saying there is an unannounced MMO. Sure they haven't truly announced Titan but Titan is common knowledge, even Blizzard has made references to Titan in interviews. That's why I got confused because although we know nothing of Titan we know Titan exists with confirmation by Blizzard, that's why I thought there was another MMO they're working on beside Titan. But I'm up to speed now.
    Titan is just the codename. It almost certainly has no connection to the actual game. So "Titan" and "The unannounced MMO" is the exact same thing. It is unannounced. It does have a meaningless code name, which could just as well have been "Edwin The Pink Badger" or whatever.*

* Titan probably does sound a bit cooler than Edwin The Pink Badger, hence why they chose that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papalenin View Post
    All I was expecting was a name, an ominous release date in the far future, and possibly a trailer that wouldn't give any information what-so-ever.
    Or possibly an "Oops, how did that get in there" slide of something that 'wasn't supposed to exist' with a canned chuckle and a 'wink wink'

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    which could just as well have been "Edwin The Pink Badger" or whatever.
    I'd pay $50 right now to play Edwin the Pink Badger. Right now.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Did anyone really expect them to talk about that?
    Yea, alot tbh. Just yesterday I saw about 10 who said "We'll see at BlizzCon" (something like that) in one thread. I have to admit, I thought we'd atleast get some info, but I'm not really surprised.

Deleted
    If I remember correctly, the "leaked" timeline was end of 2013, which means in reality knowing schedules, there isn't much chance of release before 2014... so 2012 blizzcon is the earliest I would have been expecting any information anyway. I think they have their hands full at the moment - D3 + Expansions for WoW and SC2 are some pretty major amounts of stuff happening anyway.

I think they've said this because there has been an article (sorry, I can't recall which one) this month which speculated about Titan being announced at blizzcon; rather than let people get worked up and then be disappointed, it's better to clarify in advance if they really have absolutely no intention of talking about it.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Titan is still a project name, so technically it's 'unannounced'
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I cant believe I made whole thread on this and wow. And now I relize I misread the post. >.<