GFX Card for SWOR

Whats the minimum Graphic card I would need to play SWOR on ultra settings? Will I need to get a Geforce 560+ or Radeon 6950+ or would something lesser still be more then enough? I want it to last quite a few years too. Playing on a 27 inch Monitor.
    On another note, is having an SSD HD gonna make a difference in performance or doesnt even matter? Thnks

10+ Year Old Account
    This type of information, best I can tell, isn't out yet. However, you will want to keep in mind that as an MMO the TOR engine isn't going to be built to run on the best machines out there or not at all. It will be highly scalable and usually for these type of games anything that can run current games well will run an MMO well. For instance, with an intel i3 2120 and a Radeon 6870HD I can run Empire Total War and Civ V on max settings easily. I'm anticipating that I should be fine for high settings on SWTOR because of this. But, without more information we can really only go on historical examples like WoW and the like.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcroft View Post
    On another note, is having an SSD HD gonna make a difference in performance or doesnt even matter? Thnks
    Only loading times are affected (SSD - quicker)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just thought I'd add, I'm currently running Battlefield 3 beta on pc at high settings (not ultra) on 1440x900 with my setup. So I'm assuming that Battlefield 3 will be greater on systems than SWTOR so I'm thinking that'll be fine. Just an example.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the game uses PhysX. An Nvidia card would take full advantage of that.

Don't waste your money on an SSD just for one game. Yes SSDs are fast but it's more of a luxury considering the price per gigabyte.

Whats the minimum Graphic card I would need to play SWOR on ultra settings? Will I need to get a Geforce 560+ or Radeon 6950+ or would something lesser still be more then enough? I want it to last quite a few years too. Playing on a 27 inch Monitor.
    An SSD wouldn't make a noticeable difference. I have one in my machine and was running wow off of it for a while and it cut the loading time between zones down from 10 seconds to... 9? Don't buy one just for the game. If you have extra cash though, it's awesome to get one to run your operating system off of and run your games off of another drive. My machine boots from cold to launching a game in probably 15 seconds because of it.

For video, you should be fine with any 'mid range' card made in the last couple years. I've found the $200-$300 price point usually gets you the best bang for your buck.

Not sure about ultra settings, but during their little beta weekend thing they had not too long ago, I got decent settings out of my 9600 GT, which is a fairly old card. Once they optimize the engine a bit more, I'm positive it will be just like WoW - built to run on older, shittier machines.

The game is more CPU intensive then it is GPU a ATI radeon 4890 handles everything maxed at 55+ fps and that's an old card, I would make sure you have a highend duo core or a quad core first.

However a 6950 is a beast of a card and would last you a few years easily specially the 2GB model with the dual fans
    (█████████████████████ΞΞ██ΞΞΞ██ΞΞ█████████████████████)
    Ghost -- Jedi Consular -- Shadow -- Infiltration 8/31/2
    {Scheduled Raids | Organized PVP | Community Oriented | Helpful to one another | Team Speak provided | Website}
    Why wait Join today! still recruting!

My guess is if youcan run bf3 on high setting you should be fine with swtor on ultra.I'am getting 590 gtx so i should be fine and ready for bf3 and swtor

I can tell you this, i have played SWTOR on a system that looks like this
    Code:
    Processor: Intel Dual core 3.0 Ghz
    Ram: 6gb DDR 800
    GFX: Nvidia 9800gt 1gb
    With that it ran smooth with minimum of GFX lag at almost highest settings. So if you got something line or over that you are good to go.