Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What do you think they will do in 4.3? shadow

What do you think blizzard will change for shadow in 4.3?

I think they will do something for pvp, but iam not sure.. maybe they buff survability against melee. but we will see..

Would be fun if they did something with dots, becuase in pvp all we do is mindspike/mindblast..

Absolutely nothing going by the front page of MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, shadow is fine in pve and pvp.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Hmm. I smell nerfs as usual. Mind Sear certainly feels a little OP for how little work it takes.

Of course, I hope we get none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Beav View Post
    Absolutely nothing going by the front page of MMO
    >implying that the first round of PTR notes are absolutely final

srsly, this is PTR, things change, 4.3 isn't coming out for at least another month and a half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Just ONE , i want to see ONE who QQ about spriests they freakin doing the top DPS ever since TBC :\

15+ Year Old Account
    Vook. I love the youtube link in your signature and share that reaction. <3

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    Doubt it, shadow is fine in pve and pvp if they're being babysit by a Frost Mage
    There. Fixed. Shadow Priests are terrible unless they run with a FOTM class to babysit them. "Game is not balance around 1v1 yadda yadda yadda..." Doesn't mean a class should be completely pathetic unless they have someone holding their hand, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol View Post
    There. Fixed. Shadow Priests are terrible unless they run with a FOTM class to babysit them. "Game is not balance around 1v1 yadda yadda yadda..." Doesn't mean a class should be completely pathetic unless they have someone holding their hand, though.
    hahaha i second this motion... and the funny thing is i run with a frost mage in 3's lol. and honestly its usually me running around kiting while he blows shit up. rolling dots and getting about 2 casts off per game.. =P ok maybe 4 but seriously its sad.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

I'd love to see them remove our reliance on a Warlock in raid to truely compete on DPS

I was blown away that we got the set bonuses we did. I never thought they'd actually listen to feedback at all. Once they start seeing how effective of a DPS boost they are, we may get some nerfs. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonage View Post
    I'd love to see them remove our reliance on a Warlock in raid to truely compete on DPS
    We don't rely on Warlocks!!! Dark Intent's a fairly nice buff (especially if it gives you another dot tick) but it's not needed to make us competitive.

Anyway, I don't think they'll do anything to be honest. Only change I think we might see is Shadowfiend dealing more damage, but having a slower attack speed, so that we can't pop that, AA and maybe a trinket, to destroy mobs with fairly low health (would've loved this for Sons of Flame on Rag10n). edit: I meant this because of the 4pc btw.

I'm looking forward to destroying people in unrated BGs and TB using the 4pc and the rest PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    hahaha i second this motion... and the funny thing is i run with a frost mage in 3's lol. and honestly its usually me running around kiting while he blows shit up. rolling dots and getting about 2 casts off per game.. =P ok maybe 4 but seriously its sad.
    I 3rd that motion...with all the hard hitting melee and kicks in the game you cant get any cast off and you cant really run from them. We should get something to make us as competitive on our own. Yea we got pro shadow priest doing great in the arena tournament but then you got swifty making videos of him hitting for 300+k. Another thing is our wings i really don't like the ramp up time of arch angle, pallys have same wings -the mana but with no downtime. If you dont have a good healer or cc you will die b4 your wings pop up.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    Doubt it, shadow is fine in pve and pvp.
    Have you not pvp'd as shadow in the last year? You can literally replace a spriest in any comp with any other caster and that comp loses nothing and gains a ton. Fine in pvp? No.

i really hope they do something, but on the upside ele shammy's getting their buffs like crazy lol no cd on chain lightning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deathwatcher23 View Post
    Have you not pvp'd as shadow in the last year? You can literally replace a spriest in any comp with any other caster and that comp loses nothing and gains a ton. Fine in pvp? No.
    Have you seen Shadowplay? You know that comp that is the most faceroll and OP comp right now? You know that comp that won Blizzcon US qualifiers?
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2011-09-28 at 09:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow is the only dps without a silence / interrupt ability (that isn´t talented) so would assume they make silence a main spell but only usable in shadowform. But nerfing something else in the process.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

It seems right now that Shadow Priests have to be babysat by other classes in order to be useful in PVP and that's part of the reason why I quit. After the nerf to our dots, I felt like an Arcane Mage with very poor survivability and CC.

Our self healing is pathetic and our main forms of healing (holy spells) cost to much mana and heal for to little. The fact that Vampiric Embrace is still in the game, unchanged, just boggles my mind... such a godamned usesless talent and yet it's REQUIRED.

Also, once again, our fear is next to useless since P-Horror can be trinkted easily now. Maybe if it was on the 1 minute cooldown like at the start of this expac, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but that's not the case.

Really, before the nerf to our dots, our only real strategy against melee players was to spam Devouring Plague as hard and as fast as possible and even that was a stupid strategy. Now that doesn't even work any more.

Bottom line, to often the question comes up, "Why not take a warlock instead?" We've lost our ability to regen our partner's mana and health, our healing is weak, our fears are useless.

Sorry, but if you are wanting to pvp SERIOUSLY in 3s, it's a bad time to be a Shadow Priest. The change that makes trinket negate silence and disarm effects really borked us.

How to fix this problem?...

- Redesign Vampiric Embrace so it's a GOOD self heal on a long cooldown, useable in shadow form.

- Lower the cooldown on P-Horror.

- Redesign the 4P Shadow PVP set so that players of that spec actually want the gear.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

- Redesign Vampiric Embrace so it's a GOOD self heal on a long cooldown, useable in shadow form.

- Lower the cooldown on P-Horror.

- Redesign the 4P Shadow PVP set so that players of that spec actually want the gear.
    I agree 100% with above statement. We basicly rely on our comp in arena.

Our ability to deal with melee terrible. Changes will be made, or i will just reroll after this patch.