Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    It seems right now that Shadow Priests have to be babysat by other classes in order to be useful in PVP and that's part of the reason why I quit. After the nerf to our dots, I felt like an Arcane Mage with very poor survivability and CC.

Our self healing is pathetic and our main forms of healing (holy spells) cost to much mana and heal for to little. The fact that Vampiric Embrace is still in the game, unchanged, just boggles my mind... such a godamned usesless talent and yet it's REQUIRED.

Also, once again, our fear is next to useless since P-Horror can be trinkted easily now. Maybe if it was on the 1 minute cooldown like at the start of this expac, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but that's not the case.

Really, before the nerf to our dots, our only real strategy against melee players was to spam Devouring Plague as hard and as fast as possible and even that was a stupid strategy. Now that doesn't even work any more.

Bottom line, to often the question comes up, "Why not take a warlock instead?" We've lost our ability to regen our partner's mana and health, our healing is weak, our fears are useless.

Sorry, but if you are wanting to pvp SERIOUSLY in 3s, it's a bad time to be a Shadow Priest. The change that makes trinket negate silence and disarm effects really borked us.

How to fix this problem?...

- Redesign Vampiric Embrace so it's a GOOD self heal on a long cooldown, useable in shadow form.

- Lower the cooldown on P-Horror.

- Redesign the 4P Shadow PVP set so that players of that spec actually want the gear.
    Direshadow speaks the truth, but I guess that's a foreign language to y'all...

15+ Year Old Account
    No I think most of us completely agree. VE would be far better if it were a powerful self-heal on cooldown usable in shadowform and not a very small effect passive group heal - that model made sense back in TBC when that and mana return to our group was our thing - but that's not the case anymore and it's time for this ability to be caught up.

Meanwhile the cooldown on Psychic Horror is the only thing horrendous about it (c wat I did thar?) and Shadow's vulnerability to melee is in need of some help.

The 4pc Shadow set is terrible and nobody uses it because of this - a big change would need to be made to our 4pc shadow set to make us want it - I recommend it doubling the damage of dispelling Vampiric Touch so enemy healers even consider it.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I hope nothing too extreme. I like where we are at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

If I lived in a perfect world, i'd make VE so that it hinged on a more interesting mechanic. Like maybe only being useable while dispersed, or maybe it's another dot on a long cooldown that actually steals a decent portion of health from an enemy.

I also totally forgot about the dispelling Vampiric Touch thing... I think it would be pretty cool that... if it were dispelled off of a non-magic user, it would return a portion of health to us, and if it were dispelled off of a magic user, it would steal mana from them and return some to us.

But that's a perfect world.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

All I ask is that I don't need to be babysat in pvp. I'm sick of having to fake cast VT like 20 times and then running around kiting while their healer just dispels all of my dots. I realize that we are pretty good in 3s running shadowplay but I'm not really the kind of person who runs FoTM comps and am sick of being the guy that the other team trains in arena forcing me to do like a tenth of the damage of any other player in the match.

Nerf MB damage, make a CD that boosts VE personal healing through the use of Shadow orbs, increase DoT damage by a small amount.

These changes alone would make me more than happy with 4.3.

Why do you want MB damage to be nerf'ed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with where I'm at in raids. I have pretty good survival in HMs, I can dish out about on par....mostly. I hope that we do ok in the next tier if the rumors are true to many of the fights being highly mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    It's a big cause for complaint imo. I would say that nerfing MB isn't the way to go around it, but rather nerfing our mastery and how well it stacks is more appropriate. There's too many crazy numbers in this game as is and we shouldn't be a class that focuses around a really OP nuke when the stars align.

Deleted
    Because it sometimes hits very hard in PvP and creates some ridiculous burst. But since Blizzard seems to have totally abandoned PvP, I guess it would be a stupid change since our multi dotting would become more OP again.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2011-09-30 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    If I lived in a perfect world, i'd make VE so that it hinged on a more interesting mechanic. Like maybe only being useable while dispersed, or maybe it's another dot on a long cooldown that actually steals a decent portion of health from an enemy.
    Or make it run off of Orbs, for a self heal, like Word of Glory.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Because it sometimes hits very hard in PvP and creates some ridiculous burst. But since Blizzard seems to have totally abandoned PvP, I guess it would be a stupid change since our multi dotting would become more OP again.
    You're a dramatic aren't you.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Ack all this talk about PvP, boring! :P

In raids shadow priests seem to be on par with the rest of the DPS, though it often takes a lock for them to be up with the very top ones which is frustrating. Those kind of single player buffs shouldn't be that powerful, or even in the game IMO. We should be able to compete for top spot without the buffs. I also find our bust damage is still a little weak depending on crit luck. Mind Spike is alright but I don't think it does enough damage. For example, arcane mages have much more bust then us which makes them better on adds and whatnot.

Because right now it's our only kill tool. We spam mind spike and watch a big number fly. That isn't how Shadow Priests are supposed to be.

As much as i love seeing big numbers on my screen, I rolled a Shadow priest way back in BC because I loved the concept of being a pure dot class, much like a warlock, but with added utility.

Now what are we? Gimped Arcane Mages with some fire talents?

The bottom line, is that Shadow has not really recieved any sort of creative input from Blizzard at all, and relying on burst is an old mechanic... just like VE.

Blizzard needs to take a step back and look at the spec and it's theme and build around that. Are we fallen priests who use evil magic? Are we evil preachers who bend and twist our enemies to do our bidding through psionics? Perhaps we're drawing on vampiric energies, giving us a "vampire" theme.

Blizzard needs to take a few nights out of their filled schedual to pick up a god damned Players Handbook and roll some fucking dice.

Shadow is good as it is atm if you ask me, but frankly i'm not sure if i like the way they are thinking regarding the 4 set in 4.3 though

Yea I wasn't thinking about PvP I've pretty much gone back to only doing that on my warrior.

As someone who's played basically everything, I can say with certainty that shadow priests are completely fine in PvP, and those whining must really not know what they're doing, or think their weaknesses only apply to them. The only gripe I've ever had with shadow is the mana efficiency. That's it. They're totally fine otherwise, and if played right, borderline OP. Dots better than affliction, aside from the UA silence when dispelled? Check. Nukes better than destruction? Check. Survivability better than demonology? Check. The only caster that's better overall is a frost mage. Warlocks have better control than priests, but the damage is pathetic. Priests are much more threatening, and that's why they get trained in arena. If you leave one alone, you die quick.

Deleted
    maybe they'll make it even easier to play

Please try to stick to posting constructively.

-Arlee
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-10-01 at 02:00 AM.

I smell the nerfbat.

Our dots are actually much weaker then a warlock's, and our nukes, while big, take a lot of setup and a long time of un-interupted spell casting.

Right now we rely to heavily on the 1 or 2 comps that are decent for us, and even then, a warlock can do just as much and more.

At this moment in time, we're a weak version of an afflic lock with some arcane mage thrown in.

Our damage does not need to be fixed, but our role does. We're relying on outdated mechanics to get us by.