Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    yeah , i crash while using DX 9 or 11 , and not only in WOW , i crash also when i play League of Legend .

Gtx580

Like GenGen1 I also have GTX580 issues.

I have had dual GTX580 Cards since 11/2010. I have done everything I can think of to try to have a stable game experience, and the system constantly freezes and hangs when playing WOW, League of Legends, etc. Have re-installed Windows 7, 64bit multiple times. Have tried every nvidia driver version available, with both clean windows and nvidia installs.

Have run with DX9, DX11, full screen, windowed, vertical sync on/off, various graphics qualities, various ui scales, hardware cursor on/off, you name it, most of it I have already tried as I have been screwing with this for a year now. Same with addon's, all/some/none, it makes no difference.

Same with changing core voltage, core clock, shader clock, memory clock or leaving them stock. No matter what you do, the system hangs, and not even ctrl-alt-delete will get you out, only a power cycle works.

Support request to Nvidia with sysinfo dump has received no response other than to acknowledge that I opened a ticket. Frustrating to say the least. Other computers running nvidia cards (both sli and single, work just fine.) GTX580=BEWARE

I just wanted to post what worked for me. I have an i5 2500k and an asus mobo running a EVGA gtx 570 sc. I used the auto overclock feature and it overclocked my cpu and ram. After talking with one of my brothers tech saavy friends i reset overclock to factory and have had zero problems. Tried overclocking again, this time only changing multiplier and had no problems. Did the auto overclock utility again and ran into the same problem. So i went back to just uping the multiplier. Not sure whats going on there, but it might be something else to try if upping voltage on card doesnt work.

Hi again friends,I ve roll back the drivers of my video card to a older version and problem still continues. Someone warned me about my rams, he said that triple set rams are not aloud for my motherboard. I changed the rams and i used 2X2 ram, promblem still continues. I did many more thinks like Techiefan trys but nothink works. As last think, just for not to have any question mark left in my mind, i ll format it, try it(%99.9 willl get crash again) then i ll change the GPU.

After i read all of your problems i so much agree Techiefan and result is GTX580=BEWARE.
    Last edited by Chimborazo; 2011-11-16 at 01:07 AM.

Why not just RMA the card if it's malfunctioning? There are lemon cards from every manufacturer and every chipset. Saying "BEWARE OF THE 580 AMG" is an ignorant load. You got a bad card, so send it back and be done with it.