Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 4.3 - 5-Man Dungeon - Well of Eternity Strategy

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Well of Eternity
    Ten-thousand years in the past, the night elven capital city of Zin-Azshari was a magnificent, sparkling metropolis. Situated on the shores of the Well of Eternity, it was here that the aristocratic Highborne first opened a portal into the Twisting Nether and invited the Burning Legion to invade Azeroth. Under the command of the night elven queen, Azshara, they now pour their energies into the portal, preparing it for the terrifying and glorious entrance of the demon god Sargeras.

Peroth'arn
    Like many of his fellow Highborne, Peroth'arn swore allegiance to the corrupted Xavius in exchange for gifts of demonic power. As a master of fiendish magic and recipient of the satyr curse, Peroth'arn stands outside Azshara's palace in defense of the Burning Legion, ready to destroy those hoping to disrupt the entrance of the Dark Titan, Sargeras, into Azeroth.

Combat Phase: Kill the Satyr!
    Peroth'arn is ambushed by the heroes, but won't go down without a fight. He corrupts those around him, dealing heavy damage. PH

• Corrupting Touch - Ramping damage buff PH.
    • DoT Thing PH - Dispellable dot. It burns! PH
    • Angry Dude PH - Increased damage dealt by 25% when under 20% health. PH

Transition Phase: Behold my Magic!
    Outmatched, Peroth'arn has to resort to trickery to survive. Heroes are grabbed and drained of their life. Death approaches... PH

• Drain Life PH - Melts faces. PH

Hunting Phase: I Will Find you Cowards!
    Frustrated by Illidan's meddling, Peroth'arn returns to the shadows to ambush the hidden heroes. PH

• Hunting Phase: Hunting PH - Peroth'arn is waiting for a player to be spotted. PH
      • Begin the Hunt - Summons Demonic Eyes to search for the Shadowcloaked heroes. PH
      • To the Shadows - Peroth'arn hides in the shadows, waiting for his prey to show itself. PH
    • Hunting Phase: Hero Success PH - Heroes are able to avoid the Demon Eyes! PH
      • Weakened - Peroth'arn is unable to act and takes 25% more damage. PH
    • Hunting Phase: Hero Failure PH - Peroth'arn ambushes the spotted player.
      • Focus Target PH - Peroth'arn relentlessly attacks the incapacitated player. Tank should taunt off the target or someone's gonna die! PH
      • Easy Prey - Upon being spotted by the Demonic Eyes, the hero is stunned for five seconds and Pero'tharn returns from the shadows. PH

Queen Azshara
    The songs of Queen Azshara's beauty, majesty, and power are too numerous to count, but it was her vanity that drove the Highborne to summon the Burning Legion. She now watches her most trusted magi empower the portal where Sargeras will be brought into Azeroth, content to let multitudes of her servants die in advance of the Dark Titan's arrival.

• You are mine now! - Periodically, Queen Azshara will charm a random target, causing them to become a puppet. Players will be released from her control when the puppet strings are defeated.
    • Dance, puppets! - Eventually, Queen Azshara is overcome with boredom. She will attempt to turn the entire party into puppets. This ability must be kicked.
    • Enchanted Magi
      • Frost Magus
        • Ice Fling - Inflicts 25000 Frost damage to a random enemy.
        • Coldflame - Deals 45000 Frost damage in a line and deals 45000 Arcane damage every 1 sec for 4 sec.
        • Blades of Ice - Charges at an enemy, dealing 75% weapon damage as Frost.
      • Fire Magus
        • Fireball - Inflicts 25000 Fire damage to an enemy.
        • Firebomb - Hurls a fiery bomb at an enemy, inflicting 35000 Fire damage to them and their surrounding allies and reducing their movement speed for .
        • Blast Wave - Unleashes a wave of flame, inflicting 30000 Fire damage to nearby enemies.
      • Holy Magus
        • Dance of Divinity - Deals 10000 Holy damage every 102464t1 sec to surrounding enemies.
        • Hammer of Reckoning - Deals 75000 Holy damage and reduces the movement speed players within 5 yards by 50%.

Mannoroth and Varo'then
    Varo'then, head of Queen Azshara's personal guard, and Mannoroth, the pit lord whose blood will corrupt the entire orc race, stand as the last line of defense against those hoping to bar Sargeras's entry into Azeroth. Though both Tyrande and Illidan have fought bravely thus far, the fate of Azeroth will be decided at the Well of Eternity's very brink.
    Last edited by chaud; 2011-09-28 at 04:26 AM.

Oh so fancy schmancy. Can't wait til my PTR finishes the download.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I like the PH abilities on Peroth'arn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the Mannoroth fight and it might be just me but the Peroth'arn fight sounds a lot like the first boss in SFK

10+ Year Old Account
    10,000 years ago, Azshara gets bored fighting 5 of Azeroth's strongest adventurers.
    She's must be pretty powerful now.

I have to agree with this^^

Deleted
    I love how Azshara just gets bored. Gonna assume that we don't even really harm her (Ya know, powerful demi-god and übermage and all that stuff).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Yeah. "Angry Dude PH", "Tank should taunt off the target or someone's gonna die!" Hilarious.
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    Peroth'arn looks fun - fight him until he uses his FACE MELT ability, then play a stealth minigame that rewards people playing well - that'll be a change.

What's "PH", guys?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lekein View Post
    What's "PH", guys?
    Placeholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Me too. Reminds me how Guybrush Threepwood got his name.

Drain Life PH - Melts faces.

..... Epic Placeholder

Yo dawg! I heard you liked bases, so i put a base in your base, so i can base while you base

Deleted
    looks awesome ;D

Anyone know if this one is out yet on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by louandy2001 View Post
    I don't think so, i went on to record a bit and we were only able to get into End Time. The rest were locked from what we could tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by louandy2001 View Post
    Bahska is correct. Right now only End time is available on the PTR.

Deleted
    Dance, puppets! - Eventually, Queen Azshara is overcome with boredom. She will attempt to turn the entire party into puppets. This ability must be kicked.
    Going to vote with not kicking and finding out what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    /rw Angry Dude in 5 seconds!

In "War of the ancients" trilogy Mannoroth realised that azshara was far stronger than he had first realised, almost as strong as Sargeras. So no doubt she is going to get borred with us.