Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abtul View Post
    Never thought of it like that. Though I still don't see any reason to rush it as teamfights (atleast at low ELO + norm games) won't be there till late game.
    Its usually got after Rod of Ages and boots 2 from my experience, so around the 25-30 minute mark seems a pretty good start for Rylais. You will have dragon fights and roaming fights, perhaps a baron if one team has snowballed.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 10:40 AM ----------

Somewhat ontopic:

15+ Year Old Account
    That puts the "pic" in epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    While I agree with you, personally, I don't see what the big deal is with Zilean. As one high player to another, playing versus a Zilean, is like playing versus a Le Blanc, you play super passive and not allow him the kills, take a farmer like Cass/Karthus who can farm at range, and watch as you snowball hard into mid game, while Zilean falls off, because other than his 1-2 bomb (on a long CD), his only other utility is a Revive.

I get why he's strong, I just don't get why he's worthy of a ban. He's very easily countered.

(1950+ (peaked at 2.1k I think) Elo player last season on US as EU player, now transfered to EU :P)
    Yeah, I agree with you. Passive gameplay is the easiest way to go against them. But Reginald is known for his "aggressive gameplay" . So farming sucks against him. That, and although his damage falls off late game, that ulti is so strong, especially on a fed ranged AD carry.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    (Totally not asking questions for lulz)

What are your thoughts on Urgots general job in games? With his only average damage end-game, low survivability (No escape tools, not the strongest self shield) and ultimate, which potentially puts him in the worst possible spot without flash?
    I love playing Urgot, although not so much in ranked. If you fear for a pokey lane bot lane (Cait+Taric, etc.) he can turn the tide quite well. He is an anti carry, and not so much of a ranged ad carry.

My general build on him is Merc Treads, Last Whisper, Manamune, Guardian Angel, Banshee's, and Bloodthirster. Last Whisper replaced by Brutalizer early game, in which case sell Brutalizer late game and go into Last Whisper, and I worry about GA and BV later game and not so much early-mid game.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 07:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Its Annie viable for high rated endgame?
    At which level can i start joining ranked games?
    Annie is completely viable, although she can be out-picked easily (Brand's W range, etc.) can really take her down, but if you manage to play her well at mid, and can handle most counter-picks (Kass, LeBlanc, Brand, etc.) then you should be able to play her. At high ratings she is less of a threat compared to powerful junglers or solo laners, a great example is Lee(d) Sin(ga), he is quite scary compared to Annie.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 07:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abtul View Post
    Why would you buy rylais for singed? It makes no sense as your job is to kite people. Why would anyone keep running after you if they know they will get slowed and probably never catch you? I just don't get why so many singed guides has rylais build into them.
    The reason Singed players build Rylais is because its a perfect item for Singed. Its got health, AP, and a slowing effect. The logic behind it is, as the "semi tank", or "Tank" of your team, you will be initiating. If you get a good fling, say on the enemy Caitlyn into your team, you run infront of your team, sortof like a Karthus wall, slowing the enemies from stopping your team, and keeping the Caitlyn from fleeing, although with Flash, it might be harder. Generally when I play AD carries and get out of positions from time to time with a Singed nearby, he flings me, and runs beside me with that stupid slow D:
    Thanks to JustintimeSS for the amazing signature.

Deleted
    About Urgot... wouldn't a warmog solve his survivability problems? plus then you can build an atmas impaler for even more dmg and some armor?
    I usually have two builds:
    core: manamune, boots (either CDR or mercury), brutalizer
    then either into a) warmog + atmas
    or b) hextech gunblade if I am not focused very much and can outheal the dmg I take.
    Is that SO much wrong? (I just dinged 30 and haven't really played ranked)

im a decent player with 880 wins and about a 100 less losses on normal mode, ive been thinking on starting ranked but i keep going back to normal due to hearing about the "elo hell" and frankly i dont really wish to get stuck in a loop of wanting to get higher but then get smashed down by some trolls or very inexpirienced players. Is there a way to climb up in a simple way without getting lost in the sea of rage and frustration? duo que is an option but honestly im not a fan of how my friend plays so id rather not
    THIS ABOUT DRUID! druid is most fast in the yellow cat. how catch yellow cat when so fast? i try BUT NO VERY SPEEDY! i need the help against druid. please blizzard mans make not more power on druid :*(
    wise words

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    About Urgot... wouldn't a warmog solve his survivability problems? plus then you can build an atmas impaler for even more dmg and some armor?
    I usually have two builds:
    core: manamune, boots (either CDR or mercury), brutalizer
    then either into a) warmog + atmas
    or b) hextech gunblade if I am not focused very much and can outheal the dmg I take.
    Is that SO much wrong? (I just dinged 30 and haven't really played ranked)
    Atmogs would work on him, but I personally prefer against it, as stated above my build focuses on damage and a slight tanky aspect, but you can go atmogs_banshee/etc. for health and AD.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nixlov View Post
    im a decent player with 880 wins and about a 100 less losses on normal mode, ive been thinking on starting ranked but i keep going back to normal due to hearing about the "elo hell" and frankly i dont really wish to get stuck in a loop of wanting to get higher but then get smashed down by some trolls or very inexpirienced players. Is there a way to climb up in a simple way without getting lost in the sea of rage and frustration? duo que is an option but honestly im not a fan of how my friend plays so id rather not
    Duo queue is the best option. The only real advice I can give for playing solo queue is, play carries, and win your lane. That is all you can do. You CANNOT depend on other players, as most of the time they are bad. Get a good last hit ratio (hits/miss), roughly 90% is pretty good, but sometimes I slack off and get something like 70% or so and still carry. Go AP mid, solo top, or AD bot, but don't depend on a support to save you bot, as once again, you CAN'T DEPEND ON ANYONE. Once again, Duo queue, win your lane and then gank other lanes, and hope for the best. I was scared of ranked at first, but then I dove in, and liked it a lot, just keep working and your rating will go up, and if you get a streak of trolls or losses, just stop for the night.

Alright, here's my current situaiton:

In Lol, I'm sort of a jack of all trades. I can play most roles without being a total hinderance for my team, and there's a few champions I can go godlike on if it's just that game (Akali solo top and WW jungle mainly) although I'm still very unstable. My main problem is, that whenever I'm playing with my friends, I feel like I'm dragging the team down. I'm always the one doing the worst performance, even though I'm trying my best to fix it. The second I play alone after such game, I go 20/2/5 on Akali solo top in a ranked game -.- I'm still doing placement matches, although i'm 6-3 and my ELO appears to be around 1350 atm.
    My friends and I just formed a clan, and we're now aiming at EU tournaments and want to start playing more seriously. The problem is, that because my performance is so unstable, I get benched for most games.

I really want to improve my general performance so that I'm able to carry a team in solo queue and be a steady part of our organized tournament teams. I enjoy playing pretty much every role, although my runes are mainly focused around junglers and AP/AD carries. What champions would you pro guys suggest I learn to play, and do you have any advice for how to practise my teamplay and mapawareness?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestofiles View Post
    Alright, here's my current situaiton:

In Lol, I'm sort of a jack of all trades. I can play most roles without being a total hinderance for my team, and there's a few champions I can go godlike on if it's just that game (Akali solo top and WW jungle mainly) although I'm still very unstable. My main problem is, that whenever I'm playing with my friends, I feel like I'm dragging the team down. I'm always the one doing the worst performance, even though I'm trying my best to fix it. The second I play alone after such game, I go 20/2/5 on Akali solo top in a ranked game -.- I'm still doing placement matches, although i'm 6-3 and my ELO appears to be around 1350 atm.
    My friends and I just formed a clan, and we're now aiming at EU tournaments and want to start playing more seriously. The problem is, that because my performance is so unstable, I get benched for most games.

I really want to improve my general performance so that I'm able to carry a team in solo queue and be a steady part of our organized tournament teams. I enjoy playing pretty much every role, although my runes are mainly focused around junglers and AP/AD carries. What champions would you pro guys suggest I learn to play, and do you have any advice for how to practise my teamplay and mapawareness?
    Theres no quick fix. If you're struggling when the pressure is on when you're playing Akali, then I don't know what to suggest. Perhaps you're playing against a higher calibre of opponent, so grinding yourself up the soloqueue ladder might help you in your play, like positioning, farming and counter jungling. Regarding map awareness, always make sure you have any gank paths warded. This includes the river, the ramp to blue, and tri bushes next to the lanes.

If you think it's a champion problem, look at why you're dying in the lane. Are you getting ganked? Are you over-commiting? Are you getting outfarmed? There's so many ways to lose your lane. I suggest playing a bruiser-type champion top, rather than a glass cannon, running teleport, and farming all day everyday, just going down for dragon fights. Get a GP/5 item early (ideally in the first 3-4 mins) and watch it pay for itself, while giving you lane sustain (if you pick up Philostone). I play top lane Gangplank, and have played versus people like SK Wickd, Krepo, Ocelote, basically everyone in the top 50. If you can last hit well, and know when to trade damage, when to harass, and when to just stand back and last hit, you'll do well. Don't over commit to harassing, and don't do what I did the other day. I baited a Wukong onto me, and then went full out from my turret to his top. I over-estimated my Damage, and tower dived, he used exhaust, and he survived on 10hp, while I died. However, I got back to lane, stayed back, farmed up, and managed to come out ahead in a 2v4 with 15hp, versus Wukong, Orianna, Shaco, Janna.

It's all about farm if you fall behind. Ideally, you want to be sitting on about 75-85 at the 10 minute mark, more if you're not getting ganked. I had a game recently where I had 280ish CS at the 30 minute mark, after being ganked twice.

Remember, 1 kill is roughly 17 CS.

Dragon is 190g, turrets are 150g. From here, work out how much the enemy has roughly, and anticipate item builds to counter. For example, if he rushes an early Giants Belt, chances are, if he's a bruiser, is that he's going for the 30 min Atmogs build. Either farm harder with GP/5s to be stronger than him, or go full on aggressive, as he will have limited damage, and deny him that crucial CS that he needs, not only to farm the 5365g for Atmogs, but to charge the Warmogs once he gets it.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2011-09-30 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Theres no quick fix. If you're struggling when the pressure is on when you're playing Akali, then I don't know what to suggest. Perhaps you're playing against a higher calibre of opponent, so grinding yourself up the soloqueue ladder might help you in your play, like positioning, farming and counter jungling. Regarding map awareness, always make sure you have any gank paths warded. This includes the river, the ramp to blue, and tri bushes next to the lanes.

If you think it's a champion problem, look at why you're dying in the lane. Are you getting ganked? Are you over-commiting? Are you getting outfarmed? There's so many ways to lose your lane. I suggest playing a bruiser-type champion top, rather than a glass cannon, running teleport, and farming all day everyday, just going down for dragon fights. Get a GP/5 item early (ideally in the first 3-4 mins) and watch it pay for itself, while giving you lane sustain (if you pick up Philostone). I play top lane Gangplank, and have played versus people like SK Wickd, Krepo, Ocelote, basically everyone in the top 50. If you can last hit well, and know when to trade damage, when to harass, and when to just stand back and last hit, you'll do well. Don't over commit to harassing, and don't do what I did the other day. I baited a Wukong onto me, and then went full out from my turret to his top. I over-estimated my Damage, and tower dived, he used exhaust, and he survived on 10hp, while I died. However, I got back to lane, stayed back, farmed up, and managed to come out ahead in a 2v4 with 15hp, versus Wukong, Orianna, Shaco, Janna.

It's all about farm if you fall behind. Ideally, you want to be sitting on about 75-85 at the 10 minute mark, more if you're not getting ganked. I had a game recently where I had 280ish CS at the 30 minute mark, after being ganked twice.

Remember, 1 kill is roughly 17 CS.

Dragon is 190g, turrets are 150g. From here, work out how much the enemy has roughly, and anticipate item builds to counter. For example, if he rushes an early Giants Belt, chances are, if he's a bruiser, is that he's going for the 30 min Atmogs build. Either farm harder with GP/5s to be stronger than him, or go full on aggressive, as he will have limited damage, and deny him that crucial CS that he needs, not only to farm the 5365g for Atmogs, but to charge the Warmogs once he gets it.
    You pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. I even took a look on my last fail-game. Was dominating Riven until I took a hit from tower. From there on, she proceeded to kill me and completely deny me from last-hitting, even under my tower. Our Rammus got counterjungled and failed a gank in bot, so it was pretty much GG from there. Do you know a good way to get better at CS and mapawareness, or should I just keep grinding soloqueue?

Also another question: I want to learn some more champions so I can cover a larger variety of roles. I've been jungling alot on WW lately, and i've just bought GP. How many champions should I ideally learn to play? Since I have 10 rune pages, I was thinking something like 4 or 5 champions that together let's me fill 2-3 roles. Should leave me able to have two or three runes pages for each champion so I can switch depending on the enemy team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestofiles View Post
    You pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. I even took a look on my last fail-game. Was dominating Riven until I took a hit from tower. From there on, she proceeded to kill me and completely deny me from last-hitting, even under my tower. Our Rammus got counterjungled and failed a gank in bot, so it was pretty much GG from there. Do you know a good way to get better at CS and mapawareness, or should I just keep grinding soloqueue?

Also another question: I want to learn some more champions so I can cover a larger variety of roles. I've been jungling alot on WW lately, and i've just bought GP. How many champions should I ideally learn to play? Since I have 10 rune pages, I was thinking something like 4 or 5 champions that together let's me fill 2-3 roles. Should leave me able to have two or three runes pages for each champion so I can switch depending on the enemy team.
    As I said, there's no quick fix to anything in LoL, it comes with experience. If you want to practice last hitting, just do it in games. If you're not confident in your ability, do it in normal games until you think you can hit all that CS. When you do it naturally, and start hitting 90% of the CS, and get annoyed with yourself for losing 1 per 5 waves, that's when you've probably beat it into your brain enough. Mapawareness, for you, if you're playing top lane, will be warding the enemy tri bush top (If you are blue team) as well as the baron area. If you're purple team, warding the enemy ramp up into blue usually suffices, if your middle knows how to ward their jungle entrance (The ramp to wraiths)

Some games, you just won't win. Some games, everything goes against you, and people survive on 1hp, whereas that last tick of ignite overkills you by 1. Sometimes you'll get the trash jungler who can't control his jungle, and the games snowball from there. Just try to be aware of where you have warded, and look at the minimap often. It's not up to your team to call "SS" or "Missing" - As much as people whine when they get ganked, that's why you have wards. I can't stand people who say "Why no ss? omg noob" - These people are the dumb players, who don't understand that "SS" calls nothing but "they've gone missing". They could be anywhere, and it puts unnecessary pressure on each lane. By warding, you counter that, knowing that your lane is potentially safe, if you don't spot them on the map.

Regarding how many champions, I'd say, at least know 4, so you don't get unluckily banned out of a ranked match. I, for one, play; Gangplank, Udyr, Nasus, Jax, Jarvan IV top lane, Lee Sin (As well as the top laners) as Jungle, and also have Ashe, Caitlyn, Tristana, Vayne for bottom lane, which I would be comfortable playing. This is on my current account, on my old 30 US, I had all the AP casters at the time, and on my first EU 30, I had all the tanky DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    StylesClashV3 summed it up quite nicely. As a team, you can depend on your jungler to gank if you're solo top and whatnot, but winning your lane seems to be the biggest issue when you're with your friends. Simply CS, and play aggressive when you KNOW your limits. First you need to realize, "Okay how much damage can I trade" or "What ability can I trade damage for damage with?", such as Lee Sin's Q combo, it can trade with little punishment. Also, aim for a 90% CS ratio, as 17 CS equals about 1 kill. Just do the best you can in lane, and practice and play lots of games.
    Last edited by Elrath; 2011-10-02 at 03:50 PM.

I know there once was a way to check your Elo rating, but I've heard that it's been patched and no longer works.

Currently, are there any way to find out what your Elo rating is? If yes, please describe how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    I know there once was a way to check your Elo rating, but I've heard that it's been patched and no longer works.

Currently, are there any way to find out what your Elo rating is? If yes, please describe how.
    As of now, I don't now how to check your ELO rating, my only suggestions would be to try the ladders, if not, play a game and see (unless you're still unranked).

How do I get better at the game? Haha. =(
    I'm around level 16 now and I play with a lot of my friends. Most of them have played more than me and have played MOBAs before, but a couple of them have been playing the same amount of time as I have and are definitely a lot better than I am. I just feel like I'm not getting better at all. I still enjoy the game, and I can sometimes pull my weight in a game, but sometimes I just suck really, really bad. I feel like that I make my team lose if I'm performing poorly and it really turns me off of the game and just makes me want to play against bots. =P I read guides, watch videos and listen to my friends' tips but it doesn't seem to do any good.

Deleted
    May not count as a question but does anyone wanna play Dominion with me on EU East/Nordic servers? I'm playing Katarina and I'm not that good but I'm trying!

---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 04:01 AM ----------

And what does MOBA stand for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    May not count as a question but does anyone wanna play Dominion with me on EU East/Nordic servers? I'm playing Katarina and I'm not that good but I'm trying!

---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 04:01 AM ----------

And what does MOBA stand for?
    Multiplayer Online Battle Arena

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    How do I get better at the game? Haha. =(
    I'm around level 16 now and I play with a lot of my friends. Most of them have played more than me and have played MOBAs before, but a couple of them have been playing the same amount of time as I have and are definitely a lot better than I am. I just feel like I'm not getting better at all. I still enjoy the game, and I can sometimes pull my weight in a game, but sometimes I just suck really, really bad. I feel like that I make my team lose if I'm performing poorly and it really turns me off of the game and just makes me want to play against bots. =P I read guides, watch videos and listen to my friends' tips but it doesn't seem to do any good.
    Sorry for the late replies. Some general tips are: Get a good last hitting percentage, 90%, don't miss often and you'll get farmed simply from minions. Don't overcommit and don't focus on kills in the laning phase, just farm, and if you get the chance to do some nice pokes (Example: Brand W+Q+E or W when they come to CS). Level 16 is still shy of 20, which you get runes which boost your last hitting/damage output early AND late game by quite a bit. Simply read guides, watch streams or videos, and last hit well.

hey guys, im 1550 but i play like im 2200. I last hit like teh proz on the streams and you can look up basketballblackdude2019 who is 2300 and i outlaned him once and outfarmed him. So im here to give tips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PnBoots View Post
    hey guys, im 1550 but i play like im 2200. I last hit like teh proz on the streams and you can look up basketballblackdude2019 who is 2300 and i outlaned him once and outfarmed him. So im here to give tips.
    play more, if you are that good you will get to 2200 rating (you like :E?)

Deleted
    You cant say that you are bad at lvl 16 you got no tier3 runes you have no jungler or support on your team that is good. People dont ward at that lvl. No map awareness. I would say just play your own style and dont care what other say. People complain way to much in LOL. Also try guiding your team to victory by pinging talking and warding even tho you are not a support. Also pick a champ that you have played 10-15 games with so you know the basics against a caster or a melee. Its all about time you cant be a pro at lvl 1-29. At lvl 30 you atleast can be.