Demon hunter builds

I am aware that there is a builds thread currently but i thought it would be a good idea to start one specifically for Demon Hunter for all to share and discuss (Maybe a thread will be made for the other classes soon)

A easier way to share and discuss the builds of Demon Hunters.

I'll begin!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...gdi!ZcU!ZaabYY

A build that i made with the intentions of kiting.

So, What ideas/builds do you guys have?

If you really want to focus on Kiting, you want to use Caltrops, not Entangling Shot. Custom Engineering really improves the value of Caltrops too. Fundamentals is absolutely mandatory, too. Sharpshooter pales in comparison.

Oh and Impale is like realllly bad unless you're up against a boss. It's a melee ability which swallows up all your Hatred in one second. FoK is really bad too. Low damage and very close range.

~ DoxDH, level 13 Demon Hunter.
    Last edited by VeeVee; 2011-09-28 at 07:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior

The problem with any builds now is that they've already been saying they're planning to switch up some of the order you get abilities and some other changes. Beta will be going on for at least another 3 months so thats alot of time of potential changes until release. Not saying its not worth playing around with builds, just that what works now may not be advantageous later. Flexibility is the key.

So far I like the DH's need for more strategy when compared with the other classes. For the moment, it requires a lil more thinking imo. But again that too could change and another class become more favored in that regard.

Can someone explain to me the difference between Rapid Fire and Strafe?...it's basically the same ability with different numbers...and from my understanding Rapid fire is way better...
    It also seems that Rain of Vengeance and Multishot are quite similar...I think it's a bit strange that the spells are not unique...we don't really have that many to begin with...
    Last edited by Adale; 2011-09-28 at 08:51 AM.

Not in beta and due to being on the verge of being capped unable to watch videos currently so went off from the tool tips.

Assumed Impale was actually a ranged attack due to "Fire a massive shot to impale a target" changing that!

As for the Caltrops over Entangling shot human error, didn't read the duration of Entangling

Placed FoK as a slow for when i find myself in close range

Made some changes to it

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Tdf!ZcX!aaaZYa

Changes:
    Entangling to Caltrops
    Impale to Elemental arrow. Alabaster rune to allow a 3.5 stun on crit allowing some time to deal damage or simply get away
    FoK to Companion. Crimson rune for the 50% slow whilst active
    Smoke screen to Grenades. Obsidian rune to have a knock back which can knock the target back into the Caltrops

First build was made in bit of a rush

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adale View Post
    Can someone explain to me the difference between Rapid Fire and Strafe?...it's basically the same ability with different numbers...and from my understanding Rapid fire is way better...
    It also seems that Rain of Vengeance and Multishot are quite similar...I think it's a bit strange that the spells are not unique...we don't really have that many to begin with...
    Main difference is Strafe being a generator and Rapid fire a spender (High spender) Strafe slowing your movement speed by 65% and allowing you to shoot while running keyword that stands out to me is that its also a random target along with the damage difference

Yea they seem the same besides the cost and one being instant and the other being channeled/over a duration
    Last edited by Diraeqt; 2011-09-28 at 09:21 AM.

The thing about setting up a specific build is that you find yourself changing abilities on the fly quite frequently to adapt to different scenarios. Grinding/PvP/Bosses/etc. Any sort of "kiting" build would be great for HC/Inferno for utility and survivability, but in general I don't see much value in it since you can just spam Chakram/Bola and clear an entire room in 2 CD's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior