Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Fastest way to get the game (Australia)

So i'm thinking about giving the game a try and after reading a little bit about it, i'm starting to get pretty excited.

I live in Australia (Melbourne) and from what I have read we are able to play the game on release, we just have to have it shipped over.

From peoples experience, what is the fast way to do this... without spending a fortune.
    My big concern is the timing of the release. 5 days before xmas.

Cheers RB

(Also, what servers will other Aussies be on)

They haven't released a server list so no one know what servers the Oceanic people will be on yet, hopefully people will be fast about that and it'll be decided upon quickly (like Blackrock and Proudmoore used to be the unofficial Oceanic realms).

I'm from Asia personally, and I'm just having the game shipped to one of my relatives in the US and they'll just email me the CD-Key. The client will be downloadable from the internet, and there will be a grace period after the early access and official launch where you won't have to put in the CD-Key yet but you can still play.

So yeah, if you have a friend in the US, have it shipped to them. If you don't, then just order the fastest shipping.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    They haven't released a server list so no one know what servers the Oceanic people will be on yet, hopefully people will be fast about that and it'll be decided upon quickly (like Blackrock and Proudmoore used to be the unofficial Oceanic realms).
    I've played on both servers (I'm on prondmoore at the moment and really like the server) and am hoping for the same environment / like timed people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    I've played on both servers (I'm on prondmoore at the moment and really like the server) and am hoping for the same environment / like timed people.
    I was on Proudmoore as well before I quit the game a few months ago :P

But yeah, it'll be up to the Oceanic community to decide on the server that we'll populate as soon as we see what the servers are. Maybe the Aussies on MMO-Champ will take the incentive.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    So i'm thinking about giving the game a try and after reading a little bit about it, i'm starting to get pretty excited.

I live in Australia (Melbourne) and from what I have read we are able to play the game on release, we just have to have it shipped over.

From peoples experience, what is the fast way to do this... without spending a fortune.
    My big concern is the timing of the release. 5 days before xmas.

Cheers RB

(Also, what servers will other Aussies be on)
    I just moved here. We should hang out....talk SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Over in NZ but it's basically the same deal, Im ordering off amazon and getting the better shipping option, its estimated to arrive around the 23rd-28th of december, so hoping the grace period lasts long enough for me to get my hands on my code and ignore family and friends for christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    I just moved here. We should hang out....talk SWTOR
    I just moved to Melbourne too lolol.
    I would also love to know what servers Oceanic based players plan on being on when the server list is released.

As for the quickest way to get the game, since Digital Downloading is blocked here I am going with Amazon, I don't expect to see the game till probably January some time. If OzGameshop are doing pre-orders they are usually pretty quick shipment (about 5 working days) if you don't plan on getting anything but just the disc.
    **Anything larger than an airbag will take longer obviously.

I preordered on amazon and they will ship it to me here in Japan, but i dont know if that will be the quickest way for you.

I just checked my order, it was to be shipped on the 21st and arrived like Jan 3ed-18th, i changed to faster shipping and now will arrive dec 23ed-28th. Shipping went from about $12 to $16(collectors edition)
    Last edited by Wonderwuman; 2011-09-28 at 08:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    I on occasion take a dump in the shower so I don't have to wipe but never pee in there. That is just gross!

Amazon would be pretty dang effective at shipping as they wouldn't delay too much and they handle millions of packages without drama, and they do offer priority postage.

compared to well, the US postal service, which are pretty awful with international shipping to the point they lose articles and take months for priority/insured packages as it just disappears once it leaves the US system and relies on the interchange between national postage services. i have lost hundreds of dollars in items "sent" with USPS, so if they do arrive after 6 years, i'll also change my mind about USPS.

I anticipated that it would be close to Christmas, & paid US $40 with gamestop for UPS/Fedex (i cant remember now), which i'll have to regret in my own time if it goes wrong :< (i can already feel i may regret it)

whatever, "International Expedited" is, that's what i'm using.

Likely with the CE's due to weight, they're going to have to preempt the shipping date before Christmas for hundreds of thousands of customers, just because it would be the most insane time to release a product, so, i'd hope that they start sending boxes out before the 12th December to handle the numbers.

Besides, no MMO is ever box-ready to play without a final patch and it strangely gives people confidence in the Technical/Development team when you release a patch "days" earlier than early launch to resolve non-critical patches to make the game handle "performance issues for launch", and early on, establish a patching/maintenance "regime", hopefully on a Wednesday/Thursday to "game" blizzard's well-known patching time.

Besides, all the account linked preorders have download access and won't need the 30gb DVD's except when you need to format/install on laptops, etc.
    Last edited by toliman; 2011-09-28 at 11:37 AM.

The fastest way to get to play is to pay someone living in the US/Canada and have them buy a copy and email you the CD-key on release day. You could probably even have them pre-order the game for you so that you get an early start key as well.

If you actually want a physical copy, you can easily order a copy on Amazon or another large online retailer. I'm not sure how much the shipping costs would be to Australia, but there aren't a whole lot of other options.