Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    All I can say is that every single video out there does not do this game justice. Spending a couple hours playing it is the only way to really see the greatness. And of course, the game won't be for everyone. But I'm rather positive that people on the fence will be pleasantly surprised.
    This exactly.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post

I am looking for a new game for some time now infact i even tried Aion and was hoping it will work out. But just dont have much faith on Bioware not because its a bad company but simply because they got no experience.
    Bioware have got a lot of experience, though - countless quality games can be associated with their names and I'm pretty sure they have done a hell of a lot of research into the MMORPG genre. Not to mention, when WoW was created Blizzard had very little MMORPG experience at the time.

Deleted
    The success of SWTOR is going to heavily depend on the bit of the game we don't know much about - the end-game. There will be operations and pvp, that is fine. The question is what are they going to do for the non-raiders and non-pvpers. And there are going to be a ton of these type of players that are huge fans of BioWare.

The euphoria with the story *is* going to end, unless Bio patch the game frequently.

They will not be able to go out exploring, that is for sure. The potential for exploring in this game is the same as it was in AoC at the start (not sure if AoC addressed that with later content patches).

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    They will not be able to go out exploring, that is for sure. The potential for exploring in this game is the same as it was in AoC at the start (not sure if AoC addressed that with later content patches).
    I'm not sure I understand that statement. Do you mean exploring new quirks/ideas in MMO design or do you mean physically exploring planets/etc?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing with WoW and why it managed to beat other MMO's is not because its vastly superior to them, but because WoW already had a decent fan base. It had lore before it was even an MMO.

Rift, Warhammer, and Aion... they didnt really have a huge fan base or lore to begin with. LOTRO had a fanbase but it came out when WoW was at it's peak.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg388 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand that statement. Do you mean exploring new quirks/ideas in MMO design or do you mean physically exploring planets/etc?
    He means its a themepark MMO, linear and there aren't massive areas to go explore (at lower levels). This is that sandbox thinking that some people have.

I assure you though that you can walk around some of the planets and explore and look for holocrons and waste hours.

People complain about the game being too linear and not having choices in where to go, but these people are the minority.
    The majority of folks playing MMO's don't care whether its linear or sandbox, they simply want to be entertained by good gameplay and intriguing content while leveling to max level, and another % of these players care 0 about anything except getting to max level content.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 08:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by justlols View Post
    The thing with WoW and why it managed to beat other MMO's is not because its vastly superior to them, but because WoW already had a decent fan base. It had lore before it was even an MMO.

Rift, Warhammer, and Aion... they didnt really have a huge fan base or lore to begin with. LOTRO had a fanbase but it came out when WoW was at it's peak.
    The reason WoW lasted is because they didn't make the mistakes other MMOs at the time did, EQ2 had the potential to be a far far better MMO than WoW, problem is SoE is a piece of shit company and ruins everything they touch. Blizzard is a great company and made the transition from battlenet type games to an MMO very well.
    WoW also did well because people of that time were willing to put up with alot of shit and still play a game. On release you were lucky if you could even get into the game, much less play it. The MMO player base too has evolved and does not allow these types of mistakes to happen.

Deleted

Actually Warhammer is by far the oldest, has the most lore and an impressive fan base. It also set the standard for "absurdly large weapons and shoulder-armor" that WoW has followed for years. Warhammer was out 11 years before the first Warcraft release.

10+ Year Old Account

Warhammer had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more lore than wow before the MMO, it just wasn't as solid as wow.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Warhammer 40k has so much MMO potential. Would have a problem with factions, though, as no 2 races would work together (for long). I could imagine a great PvE 10-man raiding scene, storming hulks/hives etc, and large open world PvP.

Anyway, won't say much on it, as it doesn't belong in this forum. Would be nice to dream on though.

10+ Year Old Account
    if tor is successful then it would be a good thing for wow. we might end up getting the things we want for wow like updated models for the old races and actual bound on account items.

In truth i could really care less about what happens with WOW if SWTOR is a hit, Im just looking forward to this game and if it is a big hit like its gearing up to be, i only think about what it means for the furture of this game, not WOW.

ONLY thing that's gonna pull it above the pack of average is the franchise.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-04 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    ONLY thing that's gonna pull it above the pack of average is the franchise.
    Opinion is the inbred cousin of fact.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-04 at 03:56 PM.

I dont agree with that at all.
    I'm pretty sure very few of the WoW player mass has ever played a warcraft game before.

No, the reason why WoW was so successfull is because they took everything people enjoyed to to in mmos before, they polished it, made it look great while still not too hungry for hardware. and the most important thing: they made it incredibly accessable and took the player by the hand in the beginning and introduced new stuff with perfect pacing. something all MMOs before, and most after, failed completely at.

and thats exactly what SWTOR needs to do, all of those things.

Deleted
    Bioware recently produced Dragon Age 2, a horrible game. So until I actually get to play ToR, I will continue to be skeptical about how successful it can actually be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaras View Post
    Bioware recently produced Dragon Age 2, a horrible game. So until I actually get to play ToR, I will continue to be skeptical about how successful it can actually be.
    BioWare has four different studios, with different teams working for each. DA:2 was done by one team, SWTOR is being done by an entirely different one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaras View Post
    Bioware also recently produced Mass Effect 2 which was an amazing game. So I can't wait to get to play TOR, because I won't be skeptical about how successful it will be.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    Bioware also recently produced Mass Effect 2 which was an amazing game. So I can't wait to get to play TOR, because I won't be skeptical about how successful it will be.
    Ooooo, proof by contrapositive. @Istaril got owned by math logic

I would have to agree that the only way to truly judge the game is to have the opportunity to play it yourself for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifro View Post
    I would have to agree that the only way to truly judge the game is to have the opportunity to play it yourself for a little while.
    That would be the case for single player games; however, it's an mmo, so you've got to play more than a "little while" to be able to at least semi objectively judge it.