Divine Aegis has a new spell effect.

It's so awesome and shiny that it made me lose my eyesight - I can't see it at all :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maledictum View Post
    It's so awesome and shiny that it made me lose my eyesight - I can't see it at all :/
    Could you throw in a screenshot? or is there literally nothing?

Nothing =(

Deleted
    Oh dear. Hope it gets added soon so that we can give it a critique

Aren't they just going to use the original animation? 4.2 broke it and replaced the animation with a PW:S like animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    Aren't they just going to use the original animation? 4.2 broke it and replaced the animation with a PW:S like animation.
    It was removed on purpose, it was, I quote, too shiny -.-' So it's supposed it will be a brand new (I bet nowhere near as cool as first) one.

Deleted

00:34

If this is true, then I am SO glad I quit WoW a while ago.

Deleted
    dosent look like its been put in yet then

edit reason:: i was looking at the trinket proc animation.
    Last edited by mmoc6e3ed00ec5; 2011-09-28 at 03:34 PM.

Here's what I posted on the official forums, so they can at least see how some of us feel about it.

*Edit - some folks have pointed out the added sparkler effect is from a trinket, which means that the "new" DA graphic is basically the same as PWS (which would be very insulting if true) or that hopefully there's a bug of some kind on the PTR (maybe the new graphic file isn't actually loaded or is bugged). I shall husband my ire until we find out more details....

TLDR: New Divine Aegis graphic is underwhelming (sparklers on top of a retreaded PW: Shield? really?) and seems to contradict the reason given for the removal of the original (imho: much better) Divine Aegis graphic.

Background:
    I was extremely disappointed when Blizz removed the previous graphic for Divine Aegis. Imho, it was one of the better shield type affects and really helped set the Disc priest effects apart. Additionally, it actually served a useful purpose since it was a good visual indicator of a Divine Aegis affect vs a Divine Shield affect. And I did i mention that it just looked good??

I, along with what seemed like hundreds of others, expressed my dissappointment in this unannounced change, and even more so that instead of waiting until they had a better graphic, they just re-treaded the Power Word Shield graphic (which is a very underwhelming graphic). The justification given was that the old graphic " was too visually distracting" and "too shiny" (which I still find very difficult to follow, given the multitude of other, flashy graphics in the game, which i like!). Priest were assurred that a new and distinct graphic would eventually replace the placeholder graphic.

Flash forward to the 4.3 PTR:
    Just watched a video showing the "new" graphic. It's Power Word Shield with strobbing sparklers..... Not only is it terrible compared to the slickness of the old Divine Aegis (barely a step up from PWS), but it seems EVEN FLASHIER than the old one. And, in what feels like insult to injury, it does not even appear to solve the supposed "too flashy" problem that caused the old graphic to be removed.

Suggestion:
    Divine Aegis should look like some type of SHIELD or force bubble (one of the hallmarks, imho, of the old graphic). Bring back the Round bubble affect of DA, but perhaps with the shimmer/flash removed.
    Last edited by Vashir; 2011-09-28 at 04:03 PM.
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1088014.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post

00:34

If this is true, then I am SO glad I quit WoW a while ago.
    That's a trinket proc, not divine aegis...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Observational awareness!

The 2nd time he casts PoH you see the actual (rather bland) effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    The 2nd time he casts PoH you see the actual (rather bland) effect.
    What? The bubble in the video is the same as live, namely the PW:S bubble. The new effect isn't active on the PTRs yet.

What? The bubble in the video is the same as live, namely the PW:S bubble. The new effect isn't active on the PTRs yet.

so the sparkle effect is just a trinket?!

In that case, it makes the "new" graphic even worse (almost insulting). I hope the patche notes are either wrong (the graphic hasn't been loaded yet) or there is a bug with the new graphic and it is not displaying
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1088014.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vashir View Post
    so the sparkle effect is just a trinket?!

In that case, it makes the "new" graphic even worse (almost insulting). I hope the patche notes are either wrong (the graphic hasn't been loaded yet) or there is a bug with the new graphic and it is not displaying
    The sparkle effect is the trinket, the "new" bubble in the video is the same as 4.2 live. The new Divine Aegis effect is NOT ACTIVE on the PTRs.