Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    If there's no /say type command, does that mean we only get zone-wide chat? That's really stupid. We'd have to form a group just for a few people to chat together without broadcasting the conversation to the entire zone.
    As far as I've heard (or rather, read from the chat in TB's and the Yogscast's videos) there's no global or zone-wide chat. There's local chat, but no one seems to know the range of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Plenty of players do seem to enjoy this. I do not know what Anets specific reason is for not including it. But looking at SWTOR i believe they are adding that feature aswell by overwhelming popular demand.
    And if they truely make the game for gamers, then yes you'd expect them to take such feedback to heart.
    I imagine they didn't include chat bubbles because they feared it could be used for griefing. As it is crucial that you have a good view of the surroundings and your enemies, it might become a real problem if a dynamic event with ~20 people is a total mess of chattbubbles (either for coordination, just to express excitement or in the extremest case, to troll).
    Remember the feedback concerning the overuse of particle effects, and now imagine solid chat bubbles instead...

Edit: I really like commas...