Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    From the guide: "A note regarding Starsurge: You will always want to cast Starsurge on cooldown and whenever it procs, exceptin Solar Eclipse, where you'll only want to cast one Starsurge until 5 Solar energy, where you may cast a second Starsurge. Casting a second one during the solar phase (pre 5-energy) will cause you to pre-maturely reach 0 energy."

I understand to not use Starsurge during solar (pre 5-energy) but is this also true to starsurge procs? Isn't that insta damage worthwhile versus a slow wrath that usually doesn't hit that much?
    You can still get that extra starsurge when you cast *at* 5 solar energy. If you cast it prior, you won't get the extra wrath in.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Wonderful guide, thanks for the information I have two questions. My first question is about DOTs. I'm confused about which DOT to apply first because on one guide it says pop moonfire then sunfire in lunar and others are saying the opposite. Which one goes first?

My second question is about DOT refreshing. Should I just refresh it when it falls off, which ends up me having 3-4 seconds until I reach the next eclipse or do I clip at the end of an eclipse? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Siverna View Post
    Wonderful guide, thanks for the information I have two questions. My first question is about DOTs. I'm confused about which DOT to apply first because on one guide it says pop moonfire then sunfire in lunar and others are saying the opposite. Which one goes first?

My second question is about DOT refreshing. Should I just refresh it when it falls off, which ends up me having 3-4 seconds until I reach the next eclipse or do I clip at the end of an eclipse? Thanks!!
    You should apply the Eclipsed DoT second so the initial hit benefits from Lunar Shower. It's a minor increase and ultimately you shouldn't worry too much about messing that up.

From my experience and applying dots after the last one fell off (e.g Entering Lunar, Sunfire still has 3sec, dont apply the uneclipsed one immediately) pushes the timer forward helps cover some of the DoT downtime. Personally I only apply 1set of DoTs per eclipse, given how (relatively) weak they are and how fast we rotate Eclipses.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Personally I only apply 1set of DoTs per eclipse, given how (relatively) weak they are and how fast we rotate Eclipses.
    Seems to me like the with the current length of dot times, it is worth it to refresh the eclipsed dot prior to leaving eclipse. I use personal judgement base off how many extensions I get to determine if it is worth to refresh this dot in the next eclipse (it will now be unenclipsed). With a few crits it will last the majority of the ensuing eclipse, in which case I won't refresh it when it falls, instead just refreshing the current eclipsed dot before leaving then continue back to the eclipse I started with, leaving me with around 3-5 casts of only 1 dot active.

I have watched several videos from this tier and every Moonkin seems to have slightly different dot strategies for now /shrug. Thankfully the 4pc bonus should make it much more straightforward allowing us to cast a set of dots per Eclipse without refreshing (although we will be using Healing Touch which will extend the rotation a bit). I'm already worried about next tier after we get comfortable with the longer version of dots for so long, and then have to revert back to where we are now. That's generally why I'm not a fine of rotation altering set bonuses. Something like 5% dmg to Wrath, Starfire, and Starsurge sure is a lot more boring, but works much better for a set bonus imo.

Deleted
    Next tier will allow for more secondary stats on gear though, meaning we will sit with more haste so going between eclipses will be faster, meaning the dots have a higher probability of lasting into the next eclipse.

Does anyone of here uses Macros for the opener?
    I was thinking about making macro for:
    Incarnation, Nature's Vigil, Starfall in 1 button (macro).
    Is that possible? If so, can anyone make this macro for me? Because I really can't work with macroprogramming.
    Thank you very much!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    /cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
    /cast Nature's Vigil

That's all you need. You don't want Starfall in that macro because you will already have an 8 sec Starfall ticking when you enter Lunar. And you don't want to use Inc when you cast the pre Lunar Starfall because it eats a global and then you have to wrath to push to Lunar, wasting a few seconds of Inc and a few seconds of the unbuffed Starfall.

Oh thanks Stommped.
    Any other macros I should use?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're troll you should put CA and Berserking together.

/cast Celestial Alignment
    /cast Berserking

When we start using Healing Touch in the rotation you might want have a macro for that with NS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    You should apply the Eclipsed DoT second so the initial hit benefits from Lunar Shower. It's a minor increase and ultimately you shouldn't worry too much about messing that up.

From my experience and applying dots after the last one fell off (e.g Entering Lunar, Sunfire still has 3sec, dont apply the uneclipsed one immediately) pushes the timer forward helps cover some of the DoT downtime. Personally I only apply 1set of DoTs per eclipse, given how (relatively) weak they are and how fast we rotate Eclipses.
    I agree with you -- reapplying DoTs is wasting a GCD, and you'll end up clipping them anyways. With any decent crit level, they'll be extended anyways.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    If you're troll you should put CA and Berserking together.

/cast Berserking

When we start using Healing Touch in the rotation you might want have a macro for that with NS.
    Personally i use:

/cast Berserking
    /cast Wild Mushroom: Detonate
    /cast Moonfire

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    Personally i use:

/cast Berserking
    /cast Wild Mushroom: Detonate
    /cast Moonfire
    Personally I have a problem with macroing some an instant spell that is a part of normal rotation with CA. The reason is that DoTs not always need refreshing when you get to 0 energy during Incarnation. Same goes with Starfall which not always ends.

I also dislike macros like that, some of the spells are very situational. Detonate shrooms in a macro like that sounds like a bad idéa to me tbh.
    And btw, why are you not using Berserking in Incarnation+NV macro?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Personally I have a problem with macroing some an instant spell that is a part of normal rotation with CA. The reason is that DoTs not always need refreshing when you get to 0 energy during Incarnation. Same goes with Starfall which not always ends.
    That's why Starfall isn't in there
    Generally i feel like getting both eclipsed dots up id beneficial though, then sitting with one underpowered, also because i have stuck Berserking in there to.
    But you gave me something to think about now xray, i don't really have a good answer to why i have stuck berserking there, i did it early in 5.0.1 and never changed it i guess so i'll have to review that.
    Regarding WM: Detonate, why would it be a bad idea to put it there? It's for mushrooms placed pre-pull and they are detonated with Solar up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    I also dislike macros like that, some of the spells are very situational. Detonate shrooms in a macro like that sounds like a bad idéa to me tbh.
    You want Berserking to buff two Eclipsed dots, as opposed to just the one you have when you pop Inc, it absolutely should go with CA and no where else.

As far as WM Detonate in that macro, it really depends on the fight. For instance on Elegon you might have a Celestial Protector get dragged through in explosion range later on when you reach Solar. This would double the damage as now they are hitting two targets. IDK it's just really situational you will likely only detonate once for the entire fight and you want to make sure you have your procs up like DMC/Jade Spirit when you do so for maximum damage, and you really don't gain anything from putting it in there unless you consistently forget to detonate during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    Berserking is only 10 seconds long, so you want to use it when Inc+NV+CA are all stacked.[/url]

I just feel it would sometimes screw up my pre-plants on some bosses like Emperor or Elegon where I would like to use shrooms on special occasions not only with CA.
    But I understand what you're getting at, it probably works great for the stone guard etc but I would rather use it "manually" just to be sure to not detonate it by "mistake"

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post
    Berserking is only 10 seconds long, so you want to use it when Inc+NV+CA are all stacked.
    Oh of course! I'm a just a silly tauren so I don't know how to use the voodoo like you guys! :]
    Last edited by xrayEU; 2012-10-30 at 03:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's why Starfall isn't in there
    Generally i feel like getting both eclipsed dots up id beneficial though, then sitting with one underpowered
    The thing is that if you refresh DoTs bit later into CA (if the old ones still tick) they will last till the next eclipse saving 1 GCD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    The thing is that if you refresh DoTs bit later into CA (if the old ones still tick) they will last till the next eclipse saving 1 GCD.
    True, very true.

15+ Year Old Account
    True, very true.
    I refresh my CA'd dots at the end of CA, and they not only last to the end of the next Eclipse, but generally most of the way back to the one after that.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre