Page 74 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I got a Heroic Cleave trinket today. Anyone know much about it, what fights it's better on or anytrhing. Replaced a 543 Breath of the Hydra with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkerxx View Post
    When using the solar opener with DOC. It says to cast healing touch before pull, then do your normal solar opener with the exception of casting an extra healing touch when CA expires, makes perfect sense. But I have heard other boomkins tell me that DOC does not stack with CA since you are technically not in an eclipsed state. It stacks with INC, but does it stack with CA as well? Still fairly new to boomkin so I'm not 100% on some of these things.
    Checked just then. DoC does effect CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I got a Heroic Cleave trinket today. Anyone know much about it, what fights it's better on or anytrhing. Replaced a 543 Breath of the Hydra with it.

Checked just then. DoC does effect CA.
    Thank you. So we get 15 Seconds of 15% CA, 25% INC, and 25% DOC? That seems pretty OP lol. I'm game for it, just seems really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkerxx View Post
    Thank you. So we get 15 Seconds of 15% CA, 25% INC, and 25% DOC? That seems pretty OP lol. I'm game for it, just seems really strong.
    CA does not give a 15% bonus. That's just Eclipse base strength.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    CA does not give a 15% bonus. That's just Eclipse base strength.
    So we just get the 50% bonus dmg from DOC and INC during that time. And then w/e our mastery is paired with CA. Seems more reasonable. I have been running through some sims with my toon, changing talents and what not. The sims that I am running have HoTW pulling ahead by a whole lot. Is simcraft still not working right for DoC? I thought DOC would sim higher than Hotw. It is like a 30k difference.

Actually, it's still wrong. DoC gets added to your mastery bonus, which is added to your Eclipse base strength. This is then multiplied by Incarnation.

So if you have, say, 4800 mastery rating(15%) you get [25%(DoC)+30%(15% mastery rating+15% base mastery)+15%(base strength)+100%(base damage)]*125%(Incarnation) or

(25%+30%+15%+100%)*125%=170%*125%=212,5% of your normal(=uneclipsed) damage.

This is also why DoC gets weaker the more mastery you have, as it remains as a fixed bonus to your uneclipsed damage.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, it's still wrong. DoC gets added to your mastery bonus, which is added to your Eclipse base strength. This is then multiplied by Incarnation.

So if you have, say, 4800 mastery rating(15%) you get [25%(DoC)+30%(15% mastery rating+15% base mastery)+15%(base strength)+100%(base damage)]*125%(Incarnation) or

(25%+30%+15%+100%)*125%=170%*125%=212,5% of your normal(=uneclipsed) damage.

This is also why DoC gets weaker the more mastery you have, as it remains as a fixed bonus to your uneclipsed damage.
    thank you for clearing that up. much appreciated.

Just curious - finally got myself two new trinkets this ID and I dont know exactly if its worth overwriting existing DoTs when those Trinkets procc? (Immerseus/Dark Shamans one)

Asumed I'm still in Eclipse when the trinkets procc of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curarin View Post
    Just curious - finally got myself two new trinkets this ID and I dont know exactly if its worth overwriting existing DoTs when those Trinkets procc? (Immerseus/Dark Shamans one)

It kinda depends on other procs as well (meta, jadespirit) and how much time is left on the DoT. I use AffDots for balance druids to see how much % I will gain/lose if I refresh I dot in a particular moment. I refresh almost always if I see 200% or more, below that depend if the dots is ending soon or not. Plus I try to wait with refresh till the very last moment of all current buffs in case something else decides to proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Curarin View Post

when ppl ask these questions plz include remaining time on proc(s) and DoTs in the question ty.

The answer most of the time is no because its going to lead to slower cycles mostly, but if procs about to expire etc is a bit different.

In phase 1 of garrosh (25man normal) do you guys dot all the things? I have the T16 4piece if that makes a difference. I feel like my dps is suffering there. I'm using Inc + HotW. Is that even right?

Quote Originally Posted by Othinsson View Post
    In phase 1 of garrosh (25man normal) do you guys dot all the things? I have the T16 4piece if that makes a difference. I feel like my dps is suffering there. I'm using Inc + HotW. Is that even right?
    I dot them all when CA is up but the rest of the time I just dps the boss and let our hunter pad them to his hearts content
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Othinsson View Post
    It depends how fast they die. In my guild they die in half a Hurricane and the boss transitions before the next phase. If you have adds up for ages it could be a different story. You'll want to take whatever talents you use for single target (Inc + HotW or FoN + HotW depending on your gear).

I'm also still looking for some advice on the Heroic Cleave Trinket. I upgraded it to 574 but I'm honestly not sure what fights I should be using it on. If I were to not be using the Cleave Trinket I would be using a 543 Breath of the Hydra.

Glurp the cleave trinket do not proc on single target (only the int proc).

I guess for fights where you dont have a single cleave proc, Breath could be better?

Plus with breath you can reach the haste breakpoint (you are sitting @9,2k haste)

Holy damn I completely forgot about Breath giving the breakpoint. I'm surprised I was actually doing any damage last night on Siegecrafter.

I don't know anyone who's using cleave trinket for anything atm. Spoils and Galakras are the only 2 fights where it would seem worthwhile. But then you are losing single target DPS on Galakras + the bosses in mogu/mantid rooms. We had it drop twice, got DE'd twice, since I was pretty certain I had read it was shit. I guess ppl just need to test and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I got it last night and tried it on Paragons Normal, because Spoils didn't really seem a good place for it. I have to say it's quite underwhelming. I was naively expecting it to be fun like Cunning of the Cruel :<

And of course it's a DPS loss from my normal Cha-Ye's on single target

Last edited by Juvencus; 2013-10-29 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Many mistakes

Haven't used the cleave trinket personally. I'm basically passing on it until it's gonna go to DE. Then I might play with it. Only seems worth it on spoils (if you open a lot of smalls, which is a shitty heroic strat), p1 garrosh which aoe really shouldnt be your job and you sacrifice a lot of later damage for it, and Galakras, where I would normally go up towers since boomy does some awesome dot cleave up there.
    Basically it's worth about nothing.

Deleted
    Don't really know why they put that cleave trinket into the game. For progression it was completely useless. And now for 14 Heroic farm everything dies way too fast. So it is not even worth for Spoils/Galakras/ maybe Protectors if you tank them together. AMP and Multistrike are just too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    It kinda depends on other procs as well (meta, jadespirit) and how much time is left on the DoT. I use AffDots for balance druids to see how much % I will gain/lose if I refresh I dot in a particular moment. I refresh almost always if I see 200% or more, below that depend if the dots is ending soon or not. Plus I try to wait with refresh till the very last moment of all current buffs in case something else decides to proc.
    With such short trinket procs (i.e. 10 secs) and short dots I honestly don't think its worth refreshing it unless ur in CA or if they are about to drop. I'd still clip em a bit more if its a good proc (i.e. 2-3 sec) but other than that ur prob better just hard casting (which will be affected by ur procs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I find FoN to be better than Incarnation on single target but I'm still using a ToT trinket so that plays a big part in it. Incarnation is better once you are more geared.
    Single target? Can u link source? AFAIK FoN > Inc on single target any day.

I've tried to switch from FoN to Incarnation lately for a higher start burst and therefore I tried to macro CA+Inc in order to cast both within a GCD.

#showtooltip Celestial Alignment
    /cast Celestial Alignment
    /cast Incarnation
    Whenever I use this at the very beginning it only casts CA - Incarnation not.

I've tried using the search function but somehow I managed to find not a single CA/Inc macro :x