Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Could you give me some tips for heroic Paragons 25? Inc+Hotw, Glyph of the Guided Stars, dots only on the significant targets as a basic?
    Nowadays it is hard to find video with moonkin not dotting and starfalling everything in sight...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizley View Post
    Could you give me some tips for heroic Paragons 25? Inc+Hotw, Glyph of the Guided Stars, dots only on the significant targets as a basic?
    Nowadays it is hard to find video with moonkin not dotting and starfalling everything in sight...
    If you're progressing paragons you shouldn't multidot, as its single target DPS loss and you gain nothing from hitting multiple bosses since they immediately heal to 100% when one dies, if you're farming klaxxi and u want to pad meters/logs, go for it, dot to your heart's contempt you will see bigger numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Helo guys, recently started playing my boomy more seriously.
    Now there is 1 questions that bugging me, do i need to interpt my cast, when i get a instant Starsurge proc?

I read somewhere that i dont have to, on other places it says depending on iLvl..?
    Also using Resto Tier legs, because of iLvl, recently got the LFR version of the tier, worth swapping them, got FLex shoulders 2/2 soi'll get 4 set?
    Should i go for 2nd HBP? According to AMR, i'll loose 7.53% mastery and 4.12% crit, is it worth it?

Anyway - here's my armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nella/advanced
    Getting the 10289 breakpoint depends on ilvl but also the "quality" of the gear. A full 535 raid geared character will be at an advantage vs. some one who is full 535 Timeless gear. If you can remain at around 9.5-10k crit you will notice a clear increase in damage.

SSproc interrupting is really a complicated subject with many variables. The rule of the thumb though is generally no, do not interrupt casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizley View Post
    I'm not sure what sort of tips you're looking for or expecting. You already listed the basics (don't multi-dot, glyph Starfall) so I'm not sure what else you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Helo guys, recently started playing my boomy more seriously.
    Now there is 1 questions that bugging me, do i need to interpt my cast, when i get a instant Starsurge proc?

I read somewhere that i dont have to, on other places it says depending on iLvl..?
    As Juvencus said it's really complicated, 99% of the time it is going to be a DPS loss to cancel your casts and in the 1% of situations where it is a DPS increase to cancel casts it is going to be a very minor benefit, so for that reason it's generally best to tell people not to cancel casts as they'll likely do it wrong and end up with a sizable DPS loss because of it.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-05-18 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimolition View Post
    If you're progressing paragons you shouldn't multidot, as its single target DPS loss and you gain nothing from hitting multiple bosses since they immediately heal to 100% when one dies, if you're farming klaxxi and u want to pad meters/logs, go for it, dot to your heart's contempt you will see bigger numbers.
    Not that it matters too much, but what about at the very start when you wait for bloods before DPSing skeer? Would it not be a DPS increase, while waiting for bloods, to pop cooldowns and dot up all 3 bosses after which you'd switch to skeer as the bloods will have spawned by then? It's hard for me to measure if the extra starsurge procs are worth the couple seconds lost on procs and cooldowns.

I personally multidot rikkal and hisek before going ham on skeer, by then people have done enough damage on rikkal so the the bloods go to him and we burn down skeer. Multidotting will give you more starsurge procs for sure, so you want to multidot the other bosses at the start as you cant dps skeer.. but beyond that, multidotting is a big no, unless youre on the move and dont have starsurges to shoot at the main target.

Put a Moonfire and Sunfire on Rik'kal and then Starfall and Incarnation. By that time Bloodletting should be casting and you can start DPSing Skeer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalto View Post
    Not that it matters too much, but what about at the very start when you wait for bloods before DPSing skeer? Would it not be a DPS increase, while waiting for bloods, to pop cooldowns and dot up all 3 bosses after which you'd switch to skeer as the bloods will have spawned by then? It's hard for me to measure if the extra starsurge procs are worth the couple seconds lost on procs and cooldowns.
    Using 2 GCDs of your cooldowns is definitely not a single target increase as opposed to delaying them for a couple of seconds.

Perhaps a redundant question, been awhile since I've been active and I tried searching but didn't get much.

With the additional +8 that were just introduced, is anyone trying for the 15318 haste breakpoint? I lose about 6.6% crit and 1% mastery, but still have 13.6k crit rating if I do so. Is this ever viable?

Quote Originally Posted by Zene View Post
    Perhaps a redundant question, been awhile since I've been active and I tried searching but didn't get much.

With the additional +8 that were just introduced, is anyone trying for the 15318 haste breakpoint? I lose about 6.6% crit and 1% mastery, but still have 13.6k crit rating if I do so. Is this ever viable?
    To add on this, how does BBoY compare to KTT for trinkets now with +16? You get like 2715 haste with BBoY, which would make the 15k bp incredibly easy to hit if you have the HWF BBoY and HWF PBoI both +16

The problem is that the BP isn't really worth much. Making it easier to get there doesn't help us a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zene View Post

The 15k breakpoint will almost certainly not be worth getting. Some trickier breakpoints involving meta gem/bloodlust could be however (10779).

Quote Originally Posted by tmil93 View Post
    To add on this, how does BBoY compare to KTT for trinkets now with +16? You get like 2715 haste with BBoY, which would make the 15k bp incredibly easy to hit if you have the HWF BBoY and HWF PBoI both +16
    Considering the 15k breakpoint is not going to be worth getting the BBoY doesn't get any better in that context. What will increase the value of BBoY however is fights starting to drop significantly in duration and you are unable to get a 3rd bindings proc with your cooldowns. Shorter fight lengths also value the BBoY int proc on pull much higher and if you add in those Bloodlust/Meta/Berserking breakpoints could increase your overall damage by quite a lot.

Whether those benefits are enough to actually make BBoY better than Bindings I don't think anyone can actually say for sure since Wrathcalcs and Simcraft are terrible with trinkets.

Also on the note of shorter fight lengths what do people think about FoN for sub 3 minute single target fights like IJ and Malkork. Worth trying or no?

Dont think FoN is worth more on shorter fights.. sub 3min means higher uptime on incarnation, whereas FoN is a sustained damage bonus you use every 20sec.

Incarnation has a 3 minute CD, so once you drop below 3:30, inc uptime goes down.

Incarnation is strongest when the fight ends right after you finished your latest Incarnation, and weakest when it ends right when the CD finishes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Also on the note of shorter fight lengths what do people think about FoN for sub 3 minute single target fights like IJ and Malkork. Worth trying or no?
    Its true that as fights grow shorter, the uptime on hero becomes proportionaly bigger, thus treeants with more haste and fewer incarnations/fight, im not too sure how that'll translate raw dmg over that initial Incarnation with everything up and hardly any movement at the start of both fights. I can see it being a marginal to slight DPS boost on IJ, since treants don't have to dance around for random dmg avoidance and the boss doesnt move pretty much at all, so their crappy targeting shouldnt be an issue. On Malkorok I really cant see it unless some ludicrous scenario when you can pop them every time while you're flying with NV and meta gem up or smt. Maybe, and thats just maybe, if you have very few melee to taunt the adds and are struggling to run around to soak constantly, but thats incredibly farfetched. It most deffinetly could be SIMed, but that wont account for the crap luck you may have if u get three adds on you on a row or 2 borrer drills or w/e.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by mmocc1f21dc7c0; 2014-05-21 at 04:39 AM.

Or if you have my crappy luck and get every second orb spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Getting the 10289 breakpoint depends on ilvl but also the "quality" of the gear. A full 535 raid geared character will be at an advantage vs. some one who is full 535 Timeless gear. If you can remain at around 9.5-10k crit you will notice a clear increase in damage..
    actually came in here to ask something that this almost answered, simple question for most of you guys reall but for me not very :>

my druid is 520 ilvl, curious if i should force hastecap (10.2k) even if i drop as low as 6k critt rating, or should i stay around 7-8k haste then rest in critt to keep adding more haste with gear upgrades?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    actually came in here to ask something that this almost answered, simple question for most of you guys reall but for me not very :>

my druid is 520 ilvl, curious if i should force hastecap (10.2k) even if i drop as low as 6k critt rating, or should i stay around 7-8k haste then rest in critt to keep adding more haste with gear upgrades?
    stay as close to 5273 as possible, 522 ilvl is way to low of gear to even consider. Start looking into it around 540-550

Quote Originally Posted by Aboubacar View Post
    stay as close to 5273 as possible, 522 ilvl is way to low of gear to even consider. Start looking into it around 540-550
    quick and simple answer! thanks bud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aboubacar View Post
    having 6k crit left over with the 10289 breakpoint is fine.

I still remember reading something about 15k combined as a minimum way back during ToT era.