Page 28 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Anyone know if Starfall procs the Shield of Darkness ability on Heroic Kings. I assume it does but if anyone can give me clarification Id appreciate. Rather not test and end up killing everybody :P
    It doesn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Anyone know if Starfall procs the Shield of Darkness ability on Heroic Kings. I assume it does but if anyone can give me clarification Id appreciate. Rather not test and end up killing everybody :P
    99% that it doesn't. I say 99 because I never really put attention to it and just used it. I think few times it was still ticking on the shield and nothing happened. At least addons never blamed me

It also isn't procced by channeled spells started before the shield (this I am 100% sure as our warlocks stated that many times).
    Last edited by Lilija; 2012-11-25 at 10:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    99% that it doesn't. I say 99 because I never really put attention to it and just used it. I think few times it was still ticking on the shield and nothing happened. At least addons never blamed me

It also isn't procced by channeled spells started before the shield (this I am 100% sure as our warlocks stated that many times).
    Good news. I hated sitting on Starfall during Sindragosa and Omnotron.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

At what point does 2xCrit become better than Intellect? So far I have never reached a point where Intel didn't scale up alongside crit (while still being always a few points better) with each new gear piece.
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2012-11-26 at 05:57 PM.

Sup guys, for todays 5.1 patch its looking like Trinkets are big upgrades on valor. Any thoughts on it?

Also im having problems staying consistent dmg after our first 30sec dmg boost opening on fights, Im pretty new to balance and im trying to learn each and every day. Im top 3 dps in our raid we are currently at empress and im pretty well geared. I just need a couple of questions answered if anyone can help thanks

1)Im one hit away from solar without no dots. Do I Que a sunfire then wrath then moonfire to wrath spam? or Que sunfire then moonfire then wrath spam?

2)Im 1-2 hits away from leaving solar and both my dots are 1-2 seconds left. Do I cast wrath then refresh one of them or both?

3)Best time to use synapse springs? I have it macroed to my sunfire to keep uptime and never drop it when its cd is up. I havent really tried controlling it manually.

Thanks alot if anyone can help.

Quote Originally Posted by benskicuz View Post
    Sup guys, for todays 5.1 patch its looking like Trinkets are big upgrades on valor. Any thoughts on it?

Also im having problems staying consistent dmg after our first 30sec dmg boost opening on fights, Im pretty new to balance and im trying to learn each and every day. Im top 3 dps in our raid we are currently at empress and im pretty well geared. I just need a couple of questions answered if anyone can help thanks

1)Im one hit away from solar without no dots. Do I Que a sunfire then wrath then moonfire to wrath spam? or Que sunfire then moonfire then wrath spam?

2)Im 1-2 hits away from leaving solar and both my dots are 1-2 seconds left. Do I cast wrath then refresh one of them or both?

3)Best time to use synapse springs? I have it macroed to my sunfire to keep uptime and never drop it when its cd is up. I havent really tried controlling it manually.

Thanks alot if anyone can help.

1. it makes zero difference. anyone who tells you otherwise is splitting hairs over 50 dps - eg, meaningless
    2. refresh eclipsed dot always. as for uneclipsed dot, do you have int procs up? will you be moving in the next few seconds? do you have a starsurge proc? you really have to make a judgement call here, there is no hard rule. generally speaking you can follow a few guidelines: if less than 5s left on dots check for int procs, refresh if you have them. if you are less than 5 seconds away from next eclipse dont bother refreshing and push through. if more than 5 seconds away from eclipse than refresh both no matter what.
    3. if you want to get the most out of springs use it manually. having it macro'd into dots is an okay way to do things, but you want it available when you press Celestial Alignment for the most dps.

as for trinkets, well, upgrading DMF trinket first is a sure thing. it doesn't get replaced until H sha of fear.
    Last edited by crunk; 2012-11-27 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks alot really appreciate it ^ Im jst covering all my holes and trying different possibilities that I may have made a mistake on, thus feeling the "im ilvl 490 and I should be #1 not #3 feeling" or maybe the DK or Spriest/mage are just that high over our class :/

Last question just to be clear, the moment you enter any phase and your eclisped dot still has around 4-5 seconds left you dont re apply cause of clipping dots right?

yeah never refresh an eclipsed dot with an uneclipsed dot. dots are weird now. for a long time in mop i fell into this trap of refreshing both at the same time to keep it simple - like we did with insect swarm and moon/sunfire. its different now. often times your dots will be staggered by 4-5 seconds because of how you handle your uneclipsed dot.

moonkin and shadow priests are in about the same spot this tier, mages and DKs do a LOT of damage though i wouldn't feel too bad about losing to them.

whats your weapon? ill tell you what i was using t1 pvp weapon until just very recently at a 490 ilvl thinking "man why is my damage so low". i got my hands on a sp raid weapon and my dps SKYROCKETED. 490 ilvl means nothing if you dont have the spellpower to back it up...
    Last edited by crunk; 2012-11-27 at 02:34 PM.

^ completely right. atm using lfr version of the weapon in Will in MSV. I just worry sometimes when my sustained dps drops it makes me wonder. Cause I know openers etc im doing right(I hope) but the long haul I just feel like something is wrong. So im just gonna blame it all on my dot uptimes
    Last edited by benskicuz; 2012-11-27 at 03:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by benskicuz View Post
    Weapons look to be a larger stat increase.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I think longevity is more important right now. You don't want to upgrade something you might replace within days when you can choose something that might last you weeks.

So, I at least, have run into the good old DS lfr issue of, how many stats is it worth losing for our 4 piece bonus? Have had 496 gloves and pants from Sha for awhile now, had the galleon chest, GL shoulders, and span helm. But, I recently acquired the lfr helm and chest tier, which I'm currently wearing. However, I lose a good chunk of int from swapping the chest, and a smaller chunk of int but swap a lot of crit on the span helm for the lfr tier. Is this an upgrade still, going for the 4 piece? Possibly noteworthy, I can reforge out of haste and reach the same breakpoint wearing the 4 piece, so I am gaining crit from that.

And another question, blossom of pure snow vs lfr light of the cosmos? my math is showing light giving 58.25 more haste than crit, and 194.77(repeating, hehe) more int, assuming it procs immediately. But, wowhead has it at 15% chance to proc on dot tick, and I'm getting 2 of those every 1.6ish sec, accounting for NG(kinda). Is it taking long to proc for any other boomkins out there?

Astral Storm's damage is still much weaker than Hurricane.
    Is this a typo or out dated info?

I just have (maybe) a stupid question:
    Is there any tool or something I can use for what's best way to gem right?

Because I think I have too much haste gems in stead of intellect/critical gems.
    My character

Thank you for answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    I just have (maybe) a stupid question:
    Is there any tool or something I can use for what's best way to gem right?

Because I think I have too much haste gems in stead of intellect/critical gems.
    My character

Thank you for answering.
    You have 5280 haste which is just over the first threshold for haste. Stay above that and start going for crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Champatron View Post
    Is this a typo or out dated info?
    Neither. Astral Storm IS weaker and 50% more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Champatron View Post
    You have 5280 haste which is just over the first threshold for haste. Stay above that and start going for crit.
    That's right, but I have the feeling I have too much haste gems? Shouldn't I better use more crit gems and reforge to haste?
    Anyways, I'd like to use some tools or something to check what's better. Something like askmrrobot.com. But I never trust askmrrobot.com

Not sure if this is the write place to make a fix my DPS thread for moonkin, but I have questions as well as complaints about my DPS being low.

First off here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Bonsaii/simple

I've played moonkin since Cata release now, and I've thought I've gotten pretty good at it. I can execute the basic rotation, and a lot of top guilds on my server have tried to recruit me. However I feel that the only reason I appear good, is because others just can't play very well. I want to improve myself along nuances of the spec. I've gotten WeakAuras now and am configuring it as a proc tracker, but I want to learn how to use this more effectively.

Questions:
    Is it better to use the intellect meta gem over the spirit gem at lower gear levels? If so at what point does it stop being effective?

Should I always refresh dots if I have a sexy intellect or other proc? What if I were to renew a dot uneclipsed and then enter the appropriate eclipse, would it be better to refresh that dot even without the proc?

Is it more beneficial to cancel out of my starfires when starsurge procs, or not? I got by the rule of if I have less than a half second left on cast I let it finish. Wrong choice or not?

What do I upgrade next with valor? I'm thinking my tier legs for now. Not sure if that's a great idea.

Are there any little things I can do to up my damage? Any minor suggestions are great.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b9cudydwzcut4ss5/

A comment on my rotation: I begin one cast from Lunar, I pop starfall -> pre-pot -> wrath -> moonfire -> starsurge, then starfire spam and renew starfall when it falls off. (Is it better to clip starfall at this point? Like if I have one second left on it or less and I'm casting starfire next, should I cast starfire or clip the last second of starsurge?)

I only renew the dot of the eclipse right as I enter it, then once before I leave. If a dot isn't eclipsed I don't renew it. Is this wrong?
    Last edited by Bonsaii; 2012-12-01 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    That's right, but I have the feeling I have too much haste gems? Shouldn't I better use more crit gems and reforge to haste?
    Anyways, I'd like to use some tools or something to check what's better. Something like askmrrobot.com. But I never trust askmrrobot.com
    In our reforging, stat (Crit = Haste = Spirit/Hit) are virtually the same as you reforge in and out of all to reach certain breakpoints. In the case you find yourself with too much excess Haste, after reforging then you can change gems according to that excess. (Around 160+ change a hybrid, 300+ change a yellow etc)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talindra View Post
    Not sure if this is the write place to make a fix my DPS thread for moonkin, but I have questions as well as complaints about my DPS being low.

First off here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Bonsaii/simple

I've played moonkin since Cata release now, and I've thought I've gotten pretty good at it. I can execute the basic rotation, and a lot of top guilds on my server have tried to recruit me. However I feel that the only reason I appear good, is because others just can't play very well. I want to improve myself along nuances of the spec. I've gotten WeakAuras now and am configuring it as a proc tracker, but I want to learn how to use this more effectively.

Questions:
    Is it better to use the intellect meta gem over the spirit gem at lower gear levels? If so at what point does it stop being effective?

Should I always refresh dots if I have a sexy intellect or other proc? What if I were to renew a dot uneclipsed and then enter the appropriate eclipse, would it be better to refresh that dot even without the proc?

Is it more beneficial to cancel out of my starfires when starsurge procs, or not? I got by the rule of if I have less than a half second left on cast I let it finish. Wrong choice or not?

What do I upgrade next with valor? I'm thinking my tier legs for now. Not sure if that's a great idea.

Are there any little things I can do to up my damage? Any minor suggestions are great.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b9cudydwzcut4ss5/

A comment on my rotation: I begin one cast from Lunar, I pop starfall -> pre-pot -> wrath -> moonfire -> starsurge, then starfire spam and renew starfall when it falls off. (Is it better to clip starfall at this point? Like if I have one second left on it or less and I'm casting starfire next, should I cast starfire or clip the last second of starsurge?)

I only renew the dot of the eclipse right as I enter it, then once before I leave. If a dot isn't eclipsed I don't renew it. Is this wrong?

Just a few things i noticed :-
    1.At your gear level i played full out crit , Crit>haste>Mastery and seemed to work out better at that point .
    2.I would throw away the brewfest trinket and go get the heroic Flasfrozen resin globule - easy to get and syncs with your cds quite nicely.
    3.Spirit meta only use it if it helps you get more crit else go for burning.
    4.Never cancel casts.
    5.On Dots id say only refresh if theyre less then 5seconds , you got natures grace up , youre still in eclipse and just refresh the eclipsed one unless you know your gonna be moving before you reach next eclipse else refresh both.
    6.On upgrading , obv armory doesnt show but with your current progress i would go Weapon >Relic of yulon for now and just sit on your valor after hoping you can clear hof / terrace by then.

Your damage doesnt seem that bad , only thing is always be rdy to pop your cds on cd , Spirit kings and zorlok you could have used them one more time.
    You should also work a bit on your dots uptime , 60%ish on stone guards is bad .... letting your dots fall of for a sec or 2 on single target fights is no big deal but you uptime should be around 90% , on multi dotting id say close to 95% since thats what we need for more ss procs.
    On pull make sure you never lose a starfall cba checking for it but saying it cause i did it once ,sometimes i get real lucky with ss procs during nv/inc and rush through it while my first starfall is still on , if that happens just use the 2nd one before popping CA.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/44210/calendar/
    Thats our wol if you wanna compare dot uptimes , cooldowns and stuff.