Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm a newbie Moonkin, since it's my alt, and I was wondering...

Does anyone know why AskMrRobot suggests to gem for 2x +320 crit gems (blue sockets), whilst the socket bonus is +120 intellect? If I calculate right, the loss of the socket bonus isn't worth the +640 crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Curarin View Post
    Trying to improve has def. something to do with beeing trashcan status. Forgot that every1 on this forum is playing this game professionally and therefore errors are non-existant.
    SS proc wastage is a completely stupid thing to look at to improve. If you know what you're doing you know that SS has it's place in your priority system and you fire it off when it should be, counting how many of them are "wasted" is completely stupid because you cannot actually control it. Looking at SS proc wastage is only beneficial when the person you are looking at it performing way below what they should be and there is very much the chance that they are just not pressing their Starsurge, which is when you'll start to see higher average proc waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillix View Post
    I'm a newbie Moonkin, since it's my alt, and I was wondering...

Does anyone know why AskMrRobot suggests to gem for 2x +320 crit gems (blue sockets), whilst the socket bonus is +120 intellect? If I calculate right, the loss of the socket bonus isn't worth the +640 crit?
    Possibly because the 320 Spirit you would be putting in those blue sockets is then going to be either wasted completely or shifted into a weaker stat via reforges making it not worth taking.

Assuming default AMR stat weights
    Int: 6.3
    Crit: 3.6
    Mastery: 3.3

2x 320 Crit
    = 3204

2x 160 Crit 160 Spirit + 120 Int
    Crit: 1152
    Int: 756
    Spirit if reforged into Mastery: 1188
    Spirit if reforged into Crit: 1296
    Total if Spirit into Mastery:3096
    Total if Spirit into Crit: 3204

10+ Year Old Account
    Was just wondering near the end of an eclipse (1 cast away) and you get shooting stars proc and there is a need to refresh dots, does starsurge take priority over refreshing eclipsed dots over refreshing non-eclipsed because I have been watching some of kill videos and been prioritising reapplying eclipsed dots over doing a starsurge and replying uneclipsed ones. Should I over been prioritising starsurge?

Quote Originally Posted by Furein View Post
    Was just wondering near the end of an eclipse (1 cast away) and you get shooting stars proc and there is a need to refresh dots, does starsurge take priority over refreshing eclipsed dots over refreshing non-eclipsed because I have been watching some of kill videos and been prioritising reapplying eclipsed dots over doing a starsurge and replying uneclipsed ones. Should I over been prioritising starsurge?
    This is a really tricky question.
    The simple answer is to apply the eclipsed dot, then starsurge.
    With a lot of crit and a decent duration on a dot, one could feasibly prioritize the starsurge and reapply the dot later. The biggest part of a dots damage is proccing the starsurge. That's why we don't play like affliction where we try and snapshot dots.

Sorry if this has already been answered. How much dps am I losing by using hotw for multi target fights? It's just an alt and I hate doc so if I can get away with using using hotw I would be one happy camper

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    Sorry if this has already been answered. How much dps am I losing by using hotw for multi target fights? It's just an alt and I hate doc so if I can get away with using using hotw I would be one happy camper
    The thing is noone really knows and since DoC is annoying and more vulnerable to movement or errors, if you don't like it, you most likely won't do much more (or more at all) if you switch to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    Most people gave up on DoC a long time ago, once more people approach closer to BiS it may be looked into further and despite myself being a massive advocate of it, it was unanimously decided that DoC is a waste of time and effort for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Most people gave up on DoC a long time ago, once more people approach closer to BiS it may be looked into further and despite myself being a massive advocate of it, it was unanimously decided that DoC is a waste of time and effort for now.
    I agree. It was good for early normals for big numbers and padding but after some time of using Inc+HotW for HC progression I tried DoC again once and I was like yeah...no, fuck this shit.

I think the biggest problem with DoC is that the mechanic is just plain annoying. This kind of thing is fine if you've got a resource capped rotation like Feral, but for GCD capped rotations it just throws everything off.

I don't think DoC is ever going to get anywhere until they give up trying to tie it to an active heal cast.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think the biggest problem with DoC is that the mechanic is just plain annoying. This kind of thing is fine if you've got a resource capped rotation like Feral, but for GCD capped rotations it just throws everything off.

I don't think DoC is ever going to get anywhere until they give up trying to tie it to an active heal cast.
    I could understand Rejuving. Hell I could understand if when you cast healing touch, you did like 40% of the heal as damage to a nearby target. As it stands right now, it just throws the rotation off and fucks your NG uptime.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a little dilema about using our CDs and Hero/BL.

My guild tends to be itsy bitsy incosistent with heroism timing if it doesn't happen at the start. And then I have to chose if I should use CDs asap being able to push 1 more during the encounter or delay it and align with heroism. For now I've decided to wait for hero (as figths are becoming shorter) but I'm not sure which solution is more optimal.

Why don't you speak to your guild and sort the hero situation out?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Why don't you speak to your guild and sort the hero situation out?
    You can't reason with Shamans/Mages...something about their ego or whatever >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    You can't reason with Shamans/Mages...something about their ego or whatever >.>
    Not even that My guild doesn't focus on dps unless were are hitting an enrage (oh, how I hate the "dps is not important" phrase :P - but tbh it hardly is our issue). Besides, each time I bring up the topic it seems only I care about 3min CDs because others have shorter/longer CDs.

Shouldn't DoC get worse with gear? Considering as mastery is our 2nd best stat after haste cap... each point of mastery makes DoC worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Shouldn't DoC get worse with gear? Considering as mastery is our 2nd best stat after haste cap... each point of mastery makes DoC worse.
    Assuming that Mastery is our second best stat is your problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Not even that My guild doesn't focus on dps unless were are hitting an enrage (oh, how I hate the "dps is not important" phrase :P - but tbh it hardly is our issue).
    Because it isn't important unless you hit an enrage, just like you said It only makes a fight and every raider's life easier to have good dps. I would say: if you find Hero/BL to be mostly a personal boost - wait with CDs, if you find it to be a whole raid boost - don't wait.

Assuming that Mastery is our second best stat is your problem.
    Given that haste isn't better than mastery, but crit is, and all other (secondary) stats are basically useless at that point... what else would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that haste isn't better than mastery, but crit is, and all other (secondary) stats are basically useless at that point... what else would it be?
    Haste > Crit > Mastery > Haste

Crit looks like our second best secondary stat to me. If you read the original statement I replied to it was saying that Mastery is our second best meaning DoC is going to be worse with more gear (more Mastery). It is fairly clear that he was implying that he thought Mastery was good.