Page 80 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well:

/stopcasting
    /cast starsurge

works perfectly if you know when to use it.

don't Interrupt casts which are abouve 0,5 s casttime.
    another possibility is just to move one step to Interrupt the existing cast and then to use starsurge directly.

Quote Originally Posted by r4id View Post
    Well:

/stopcasting
    /cast starsurge

works perfectly if you know when to use it.

don't Interrupt casts which are abouve 0,5 s casttime.
    another possibility is just to move one step to Interrupt the existing cast and then to use starsurge directly.
    The trouble with giving this macro out as advice is that people who don't know better will start using it and suffer because they don't know what they're doing with it. Using a stopcasting macro for Starsurge can be useful (or just simply take a step/jump to stop your cast as I do) but you cannot simply replace your starsurge button with it (trust me, people who don't know better will do this) because you can't queue spells properly with it.

Quick question:

I have the Purified Bindings of Immerseus (540) and the Frenzied Crystal of Rage (553), but today I got the Black Blood of Y'shaarj (540). My question is: on fights were we have little to no adds (like Iron Jugg), should I go with Black Blood?
    I'm currently using the 2nd haste breakpoint, if that matters.

As an extra question, for which fights (heroic mode) do you think Cleave is useful?

Thanks!

I'd probably be using the 540 Black Blood over the 553 Cleave trinket on every fight aside from Galakras. Hard to say without sims though.

IMO I wouldn't even use it for Galakras, due to the boss damage you would lose. I find my DPS rises alot during that burn phase, parse quite nicely on that with KTT/Amp.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I wouldn't use a Cleave Trinket over Toxic Totem for any fight unless you're talking LFR vs Heroic or something, I use a 561 Toxic Totem over my 580 Cleave trinket for everything. Cleave trinket vs lower ilvl Black Blood is a different story.

But still, BBoY is still a st increase on galakras over a cleave trink, which is where the damage matters on hc. Also, BBoY is static haste and so it's likely you have it un-reforged to match your break point or reforging out of haste to crit/hit. Either way, swapping it for another trinket mid raid means your stats will be off, either not at the break point to wrong hit etc etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there guys.

I got a couple of questions to ask you.

Armory is: Eirenjahr (Turalyon EU) NE Moonkin.

please check out the armory. I recently started Flexing with my guild to get some experience since I am new to the raiding scene.

DPS & Item level
    I burst at around 310K on my opener but my DPS falls down to 96K with guild keeping in mind that they are 20-30 item levels above me. Mainly in some wings I keep a steady 110K. Aside from the possibility that I might be mismanaging my rotation, is it possible that my low DPS is due to my guildmates' higher item level; i.e: they're eating more of the pie?

I do not have logs yet, but I will surely post them once I do.

Is it normal that on Immerseus I am getting 86K-90K DPS? And this is an extremely easy fight. I am not sure whether ilvl difference is playing a role here but still I feel the DPS to be extremely low. I will be getting the meta gem and the cloak soon. But until then what is the normal DPS rate without the legendaries on immerseus for a 533 ilvl.

Trinkets

Immerseus is simply not dropping nor is Kaldris. It's been 7 weeks now in LFR and in Flex. still nothing. I currently hold the timeless breath of Y'ulon (name?) in my bag, do you believe it to be better than ToT LFR Breath of the Hydra?

Haste Caps

I am currently at the lower hast cap (5276). I can reach the 10289 but not without sacrificing my crit. i tried it with AMR and I ended up with 7.2K crit, including full regem into haste even. Is that crit number worth it? Should I go for the upper cap with so little crit? Maybe simply find better suited gear for the upper haste cap?

Thanks...

Lacking the meta and cloak makes a big difference.

Also, Immerseus is a very poor fight to measure DPS due to the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I burst at around 310K on my opener but my DPS falls down to 96K with guild keeping in mind that they are 20-30 item levels above me. Mainly in some wings I keep a steady 110K. Aside from the possibility that I might be mismanaging my rotation, is it possible that my low DPS is due to my guildmates' higher item level; i.e: they're eating more of the pie?

I do not have logs yet, but I will surely post them once I do.

Is it normal that on Immerseus I am getting 86K-90K DPS? And this is an extremely easy fight. I am not sure whether ilvl difference is playing a role here but still I feel the DPS to be extremely low. I will be getting the meta gem and the cloak soon. But until then what is the normal DPS rate without the legendaries on immerseus for a 533 ilvl.
    I feel 110k is about right considering your gear/experience. There is definitely room to improve based off of the information you've provided but given you are new to raiding I wouldn't really be expecting you to be playing perfectly or know everything about maximizing your damage. Get some logs and we can try tell you where you might be going wrong.

Immerseus is a bad fight to judge your DPS from. There are issues with active time and all sorts of other shenanigans and you really shouldn't look at Immerseus DPS for anything.

Immerseus is simply not dropping nor is Kaldris. It's been 7 weeks now in LFR and in Flex. still nothing. I currently hold the timeless breath of Y'ulon (name?) in my bag, do you believe it to be better than ToT LFR Breath of the Hydra?
    Assuming that the trinkets you have equipped are your usual ones (502 Breath + 528 Crystal) I'd look at using the 502 Breath and 535 Yu'lon's Bite. The Crystal is a really bad trinket, especially at lower item level.
    I am currently at the lower hast cap (5276). I can reach the 10289 but not without sacrificing my crit. i tried it with AMR and I ended up with 7.2K crit, including full regem into haste even. Is that crit number worth it? Should I go for the upper cap with so little crit? Maybe simply find better suited gear for the upper haste cap?
    The general rule is that if you have 15k combined Crit + Haste you should go for the 10289 Haste breakpoint. You mentioned that AMR left you with 7.2k crit when going for the breakpoint so I would definitely go for it. Don't worry if it changes around your gems/enchants as there is no actual difference in the amount of stats given per gem/enchant. AMR is a calculator and will work out the mathematical best, trust it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glurp
    Thanks for the advice.

One more thing. I can complete the 4 set T16 but with an LFR helm instead of my Flex helm. Would it be worth it to sacrifice the item level and higher stats for more SS procs.

I am only asking because I am shit low on gold and cannot afford to play around with gems reforges and such for tests...

Definitely take the 4set.

Good job glurp I feel like youve had a change in attitude lately...good to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Added in AffDoTs into the addon section at the behest of a user.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering about this addon actually. Good to see that. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Might give this addon a look, I've moved back to default UI and want simplistic stuff, looks a little less fluffer and fancy stuff then fortexcist.

Deleted
    Hey just a short question. Is it worth to dot a second target to increase my single target DPS? Since every klaxi heals himself when you kill another one is it useful to dot the others too ? I feel like im allready wasting proccs ( Ilvl 571 ) and that multidotting is not worth it for single target dmg. Or ist there kind of a rule like when there are 2 dot both but only dot 2 even if there are more ?

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    Hey just a short question. Is it worth to dot a second target to increase my single target DPS? Since every klaxi heals himself when you kill another one is it useful to dot the others too ? I feel like im allready wasting proccs ( Ilvl 571 ) and that multidotting is not worth it for single target dmg. Or ist there kind of a rule like when there are 2 dot both but only dot 2 even if there are more ?
    No. Only time you should double DoT on Klaxxi is when you are pushing Korven and another target for Amber.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    No. Only time you should double DoT on Klaxxi is when you are pushing Korven and another target for Amber.
    Thanks. 10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    And when you are moving and getting no proc.