Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xinti View Post
    Anyone ever tried equipping full mastery gear > going into an eclipse > swapping gear back > then pulling?
    Bonus eclipse damage from mastery seems to be set to the amount of mastery you had entering the eclipse, or is the tooltip wrong?

Another question:
    Is it possible for my Starsurge abillity on my action bar, to also show a timer for how long Shooting Stars has left once it procs?

Atm i have a Tellmewhen (addon) to show me the timer for shooting stars, but i would like to just show this on the abillity itself, possible?
    Considering that the Lunar Opener starts pre-Eclipse and the Solar Opener invalidates the Eclipse by popping CA, its irrelevant what you do to your Mastery before any of these openers. Even if you somehow manage to time all this prepull to not lose any NG uptime it sounds like 99.9% hassle and 0.1% worth it.

Personally I have a small WA timer with a transparent background on the default Blizzard UI proc aura for SS. Clean and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by xinti View Post
    Anyone ever tried equipping full mastery gear > going into an eclipse > swapping gear back > then pulling?
    Bonus eclipse damage from mastery seems to be set to the amount of mastery you had entering the eclipse, or is the tooltip wrong?
    Mastery updates dynamically, though the tooltip remains constant (and shows the value your eclipse had when you first entered the eclipse).

Another question:
    Is it possible for my Starsurge abillity on my action bar, to also show a timer for how long Shooting Stars has left once it procs?

Atm i have a Tellmewhen (addon) to show me the timer for shooting stars, but i would like to just show this on the abillity itself, possible?
    Nope! It's not possible to do without the use of an AddOn.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    nice guide!

nice job!
    I love this guide! helped me DPS very well!

Anyone got some sort of secret to ranking on Malkorok? I seem to suck so badly at that fight and I don't even know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Anyone got some sort of secret to ranking on Malkorok? I seem to suck so badly at that fight and I don't even know why.
    I would guess, since it's not a gimmicky fight, it would involve lots of add padding probably left alone by other DPS for your own dots, not moving for pools and quite possibly a good luck with smashes to further reduce movement. Also a fast kill would also be crucial, just long enough for a second use of cds like in Alzu's rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I would guess, since it's not a gimmicky fight, it would involve lots of add padding probably left alone by other DPS for your own dots, not moving for pools and quite possibly a good luck with smashes to further reduce movement. Also a fast kill would also be crucial, just long enough for a second use of cds like in Alzu's rank.
    This.
    And beg your rogues for tricks. Maybe have the rest of your guild take of cloaks so you can hit the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Heh, Malkorok ranks are nothing more than good luck. On 25man I don't really dare to dot the adds (more than to get more stars from Starfall) as you quite easily get aggro. It's just a matter of getting good trinket procs and not getting knocked up in the air too often.

I feel like it's extremely sensitive fight to lose DPS because of bad rng as I've been struggling to deal any proper damage since going 25man.

Also, similar to Glurp.
    I noticed I haven't ranked much this expansion, but I'm not too far behind the gear curve. It's frustrating. Are more boomkins just scumbagging to rank?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    Also, similar to Glurp.
    I noticed I haven't ranked much this expansion, but I'm not too far behind the gear curve. It's frustrating. Are more boomkins just scumbagging to rank?
    It has a lot to do with your guild/strats. The biggest factor for our DPS is fight length. There are also just a lot of bad/pad fights this tier.

Immerseus: Not even worth trying
    Protectors: Good fight however very rng/proc dependent. Good meta uptime is amazing due to the normally low NG uptime from time spent DoTing targets. With the majority of our DPS coming from 3 minute cooldowns that allow a 1.5-2.5m dps burst while active having a good fight length is essential (4 minutes)
    Norushen: Go down first
    Sha: Gift of the titans pls
    Galakras: AoE fest. Downtime can be a big factor.
    Juggernaut: Best fight
    Shamans: Decent ranks need slimes being dropped around the boss for Hurricane, top ranks need bosses together or grunts from AH/inn pulled with boss.
    Nazgrim: 3tank pad all day or burn the boss through first defensive
    Malkorok: too much RNG
    Spoils: Need double DPS buff and good box order
    Thok: Devos
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-01-30 at 01:53 PM.

Shamans: Decent ranks need slimes being dropped around the boss for Hurricane, top ranks need bosses together or grunts from AH/inn pulled with boss.
    Usually the slimes are just destroyed by others and you shouldn't touch them at all. Especially if you're tanking the bosses together.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Usually the slimes are just destroyed by others and you shouldn't touch them at all. Especially if you're tanking the bosses together.
    I guess it depends on the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to Balance druids unbalanced/somewhat random rotation everything has to go right inorder to rank these days and for your guild to have the ideal strat.

in regards to the solar opener listed in the guide isn't it better for you to start one astral communion away from solar, communion b4 pull into solar to get natures grace buff? or doesn't the natures grace buff affect the starfall before you pop inc+CA?

Quote Originally Posted by Furein View Post
    Due to Balance druids unbalanced/somewhat random rotation everything has to go right inorder to rank these days and for your guild to have the ideal strat.

in regards to the solar opener listed in the guide isn't it better for you to start one astral communion away from solar, communion b4 pull into solar to get natures grace buff? or doesn't the natures grace buff affect the starfall before you pop inc+CA?
    You'll get Nature's Grace from activating CA. However though since Incarnation and Starfall are used pre-combat having NG up for that will give you about an extra half of a GCD.

Spoils: Need double DPS buff and good box order
    Even on top logs the DPS buff only does ~4% of total damage, and I think you could easily make up for that with strat and RNG -- more importantly, how long you have to wait for the other side. Being in the worse DPS group, making sure you're standing around waiting as little as possible is essential. I agree with most of it, though. A good way to rank on Nazgrim would be to convince your raid to roll for who gets to AoE the Faithfuls (Method style).

I, too, have had problems ranking on Malkorok. And I'm the third tank on Dark Shamans. And I've HotW healed full duration on Thok (we're 2 healing) on every kill but the last one, where I did horrible.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    I wanted to know if you guys found similar results when simming:

I ran a sim with max settings, all the buffs etc etc etc, and it found that with my gear (all but one hc piece, legendary etc 16k+ crit) mastery is only 0,03 under crit at this point. Did others find similarly close results between both of them at higher gearlevels? And are you planning to get some more mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    I wanted to know if you guys found similar results when simming:

I ran a sim with max settings, all the buffs etc etc etc, and it found that with my gear (all but one hc piece, legendary etc 16k+ crit) mastery is only 0,03 under crit at this point. Did others find similarly close results between both of them at higher gearlevels? And are you planning to get some more mastery?
    They are indeed very close, if you disregard movement (SS pew pew).

Since Balance Power Tracker is no longer being updated, does anyone have a replacement?