Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's not broken even though it's not being updated, you don't need a replacement.

Well, I can't move it and I can't get into the options, so I thought these problems are coming from the addon not being updated anymore... I'll have to look into it then. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by godlessprayer View Post
    Well, I can't move it and I can't get into the options, so I thought these problems are coming from the addon not being updated anymore... I'll have to look into it then. Thanks!
    I'm at least using the version 1.3.5 and I have no issues with it. Try that one out if the newest one fails you.

Deleted
    hey there.

so i got a small question thats been bugging me recently, im quite unlucky when it comes to trinkets, also because moonkin is my offspec, so whenever one drops, it goes for ms's.

currently i got black blood 561 and kardris 548.

plan was to get imm 574 and kardris 574 but its taking me quite some time.

is it worth to farm immerseus 548 to replace kardris 548 and pair it up with black blood? or kardris + immerseus 548? i dont think both flex trinkets would outperform over a flex one with blackblood 561..

anyways those are my small questions. armory for reference if u want to check other stats or the rest of the gear

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...azken/advanced

thanks

I'm pretty sure 548 amp can beat 561 BBoY, don't hold me to it though. 548 amp definitely beats 548 ktt though.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I'm pretty sure 548 amp can beat 561 BBoY, don't hold me to it though. 548 amp definitely beats 548 ktt though.
    really really doubt it, have to check the list for a semi-accurate breakdown of the trinkets idk if it has flex though normal bboy is comparable to normal amp anyway fairly close

Yeah like I said I'm probably wrong/going off out dated info, luckily I've had BiS trinkets since week 3 of hcs so never had to worry about comparisons

Also, kardris is a lot more dps than immerseus.

anyone have the comparisons between trinkets? simcraft is completely off on bboy atm, bboy+totem actually seems like a good combo esp if you can get decent rng. Just sucks that moonkin dots r so bad

Deleted
    well with those trinkets i have been pulling up competitive dps with the rest of the main dps'ers on my guild, on the fights i need to go boomkin, which to be fair, aint that many so far. i dont enjoy bboy that much because i dont use its procs to the fullest, but i do have to admit it procs quite often, and i have heard miserable things about bindings proc rate....

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    It's not broken even though it's not being updated, you don't need a replacement.

it will be broken by the next expansion, Might of Malorne is going to do ugly things to this addon. i'm just getting used to default now since we're going to be SoL come Warlords

It may be, but it's not impossible to update when that happens. Until then, there is no reason to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazken View Post
    and i have heard miserable things about bindings proc rate....
    Bindings is an ICD trinket, proc rate isn't really a concern with those.

BBoY might proc more often, but it also only lasts half as long, and the way it works isn't exactly beneficial to Balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Bindings is an ICD trinket, proc rate isn't really a concern with those.

BBoY might proc more often, but it also only lasts half as long, and the way it works isn't exactly beneficial to Balance.
    exactly! i hate the ramping up stacks proc, its so anoying imo. id much rather just have a full proc for its duration, much easier to refresh dots on the correct eclipse and so on.

So tailoring is still the best for owl spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomking60 View Post
    So tailoring is still the best for owl spec?
    Yes, leatherworking is okay too. But you should definitely have Engineering as it is the best along with tailoring.
    tailoring is a nice dps increase if utilized correctly(stacked with other procs or what not)
    Edit: Playstyle>Proffesion
    Last edited by Abdir; 2014-02-07 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdir View Post
    Yes, leatherworking is pretty good too. But you should definitely have Engineering as it is the best.
    And either Tailoring or leatherworking, even though tailoring might be a marginal dps increase if utilized correctly.
    Tailoring is far ahead of Leatherworking, I'm not even sure why you suggest it specifically as a good one as it is just a passive +320 primary stat increase as most professions are. Engineering and Tailoring are easily the best professions for Boomkin and Blacksmithing is a close third because it's +640 secondary stat increase is better than +320 primary stat increase as other professions would give.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Tailoring is far ahead of Leatherworking, I'm not even sure why you suggest it specifically as a good one as it is just a passive +320 primary stat increase as most professions are. Engineering and Tailoring are easily the best professions for Boomkin and Blacksmithing is a close third because it's +640 secondary stat increase is better than +320 primary stat increase as other professions would give.
    What makes Engineering better than BS then?

And thanks for the help ofc!

Deleted

Besides all of the utility & movement stuff (which shouldn't be undervalued), Synapse Springs give you another cooldown to add to the Inc/CA/etc stack rather than a passive benefit. It does require more management, but is a solid DPS boost in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecton View Post
    Besides all of the utility & movement stuff (which shouldn't be undervalued), Synapse Springs give you another cooldown to add to the Inc/CA/etc stack rather than a passive benefit. It does require more management, but is a solid DPS boost in practice.
    Not really more management since its off GCD and can be macro'd everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Excel905 View Post
    Not really more management since its off GCD and can be macro'd everywhere.
    Macroing it everywhere is not the optimal way to use it, it's not the end of the world if you do so but there are situations where you will want to delay it somewhat to line it up with something else.

Synapse Springs on a 1 minute cooldown will on average give +320 to primary stats so it is on par with other professions to start with. The big benefit comes with the fact that it is a cooldown meaning it can be stacked with procs or other cooldowns to get a larger benefit out of it. The Nitro boosts are also a massive increase to your overall damage because they allow you to cover large distances then quickly get back to casting, which would otherwise have been filled with instant cast spells while you slowly waddled your way there or spent 2 GCDs on Displacer beast. In very niche situations the Goblin Glider or Parachute cloak tinker also give benefits, such as stopping critical fall damage in some encounters (Ragnaros traps) or covering movement quickly where slopes are involved (Dark Shamans, Garrosh's throne).