Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    Ye..... No, sorry. thats not how it works.
    So tell me then, what do you macro into your Starsurge to increase your DPS. Then explain why it increases your DPS and why any Boomkin worth 2 shits says otherwise.

The only macro with starsurge I use is a macro that cast starsurge on my focus target while not losing my actual target (pretty basic macro). That way you can multidot and launch your starsurge proc with having to care about losing time switching target.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    Ye..... No, sorry. thats not how it works.
    ~~**B00MK1N L0RD**~~ Imhere has spoken

Don't use castsequence, macroing a rotation in general is a terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oy! I've been testing out Affdots for a few hours now, and I've been wondering at what point is not worth to refresh SF/MF? I'm talking about percentage-wise. I,e, is it worth risking downtime on NG when SF/MF will be, lets say 5% stronger.
    I realise there might not be a definite percentage, but it would be helpful if someone could provide a rough estimate or some insight. TYTY

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erhawg View Post
    Oy! I've been testing out Affdots for a few hours now, and I've been wondering at what point is not worth to refresh SF/MF? I'm talking about percentage-wise. I,e, is it worth risking downtime on NG when SF/MF will be, lets say 5% stronger.
    I realise there might not be a definite percentage, but it would be helpful if someone could provide a rough estimate or some insight. TYTY
    When I've started using Affdots I've looked up Slippy's spreadsheet about when it's worth to refresh dots depending on various procs (trinkets, meta, etc) and played around a bit with it in regards to time left on a dot to have some reference. Tho if you see an increase over ~190% it will be worth to refresh. However, I often delay refreshing by looking at timer of the buff that is the fastest to end in case something more procs before that one falls off. The same goes for leaving Eclipse.

Anything below 190% will depend on how much time is left on the DoT. Also, Affdots is a good advisor for situations when you have to run and want to chose spamming which DoT will be lower loss while refreshing with weaker one. I don't remember exactly the breakpoints now but generally during a short run I don't refresh DoTs if they'd lose more than 50% power.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the "cancel queue" SS macro I have extremly mixed feelings. I've used it for a while but stopped as it felt like at times it's adding my latency (which isn't the most stable thing) to casts. Basicly, seemed messing too much with the queueing. Sure, without it, occassionally, some Wrath or Starfire will fire off even tho I've pressed SS already but I don't think that's such a huge loss compared to potentially screwing the casting flow.

Deleted
    nice guide

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Tailoring is far ahead of Leatherworking, I'm not even sure why you suggest it specifically as a good one as it is just a passive +320 primary stat increase as most professions are. Engineering and Tailoring are easily the best professions for Boomkin and Blacksmithing is a close third because it's +640 secondary stat increase is better than +320 primary stat increase as other professions would give.
    Hello Guys, I was wondering if its worth change my 2 currents professions (leatherworking and enchanting) into Tailoring and Engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    Okay a few people have asked now. Here's a video for the eclipse bar. It also has a cast bar in the same group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drq7MiyA-mI

Before you ask, yes I'm the guy yelling. And yes, there is an annoying electric noise when SS procs.
    What is the addon that is showing the part of the room hit by arching smash?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsir View Post
    Hello Guys, I was wondering if its worth change my 2 currents professions (leatherworking and enchanting) into Tailoring and Engineering.
    Don't bother. It's not worth the effort for MoP any more, and the bonuses might not even exist any longer in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsir View Post
    In terms of getting extra damage, sure. Extra damage is always worth it in some sense. In terms of whether or not you should change your professions for a small DPS increase, that is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    What is the addon that is showing the part of the room hit by arching smash?
    That's malkorok helper.

Okay, to clarify, I was asking about a starsurge macro designed to save procs. Is there a safe macro to use that goes something like:
    Cast starsurge, then cast starfire. Thus you can spam this mindlessly during a lunar Eclipse to make sure you get all procs.
    I know this wouldn't replace actual starfire, cause you may have a situation where you want to save a proc (maybe something needing burst in less than a second, idk).
    Just wondering if it exists and if it helps.

Also, could I get the dot refresh link? I lost my bookmarks recently.

One final thing, does anyone have a solid theory craft for solar vs lunar opener? I'd like to understand more thoroughly.

That's malkorok helper.

Okay, to clarify, I was asking about a starsurge macro designed to save procs. Is there a safe macro to use that goes something like:
    Cast starsurge, then cast starfire. Thus you can spam this mindlessly during a lunar Eclipse to make sure you get all procs.
    I know this wouldn't replace actual starfire, cause you may have a situation where you want to save a proc (maybe something needing burst in less than a second, idk).
    Just wondering if it exists and if it helps.

Also, could I get the dot refresh link? I lost my bookmarks recently.

One final thing, does anyone have a solid theory craft for solar vs lunar opener? I'd like to understand more thoroughly.

there isn't anything to theorycraft too hard, its just sort of common sense. if you have enough haste to push through that downtime between solar and lunar and get an incarnated starfall out of it the solar opener is better because you'll get all/most of your procs during CA and INC while losing a very small portion of your incarnation. usually i can pop my burst in solar, get the full benefit of all my cooldowns + procs, push to lunar, get most of an incarnated starfall + an incarnated moonfire without clipping before my cooldowns are over. if you can do that then solar is the way to go. you line up more stuff at the cost of ~4 seconds of shitty wraths.

while the shit wraths between 0 eclipse and 100 lunar might yield less net damage than incarnated starfires from 100 lunar to 0 eclipse (where you would traditionally pop CA) you have to also factor in getting really sweet dots up, double starfall under optimal conditions, and any so stronk starsurge procs in that 15s. really, it would be sort of hard to math out. but that's the reason.

at worst its probably a wash over the lunar opener single target, at best its incredibly powerful in multi-target situations. that being said, its easier to pop all your cooldowns like a mongoloid so thats why most people do it now.

and no, there is no good use for a starsurge macro. having an audio trigger, which you do (albeit an annoying one but whatever works for you), and reacting fast to it is the best solution i've found to getting the most procs out. personally, i use sonar blip, and my buddies on skype all believe i'm playing wow from the south pacific.
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-02-18 at 05:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it is mostly about having both INC and CA up while most of your opening procs are up. If you start with Lunar, many of those buffs will be ending when you reach CA, while with Solar opener you most likely will be able to refresh DoTs once more during CA while all buffs are still up.

As for the DoT refreshing spreadsheet, I have used the one posted in this EJ topic by Slippy for reference:
    http://forums.elitistjerks.com/index...2#entry2236531
    (mostly focused on the % in regards to DoT timers)

I'm sure there is place for more accurate analisis for SoO, however, in practice you won't remember all the possible relations so I use it more as a general guideline rather than set in stone relation.

Deleted
    Does anyone know a decent guide for Balance PvP, specifically RBG's. I'm getting a bit annoyed atm that in any 1v1 situation, without CD's my damage is subpar and I never get any SS proc's to cause significant damage, against Warriors it's really getting frustrating when they can outheal my damage with Second Wind.

I'm currently at the first Haste breakpoint, with 32% crit and 30% mastery. When I look at the top players they all seem to be doing their own thing, many seem to be between 6-9k haste, some even stack mastery.

From others experience what seems to be working out the best for you right now in PvP? Or are we just in a bad place after the SS proc nerf. Multitarget isn't much of an issue, it's mainly DPS when having to kite melee that's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Does anyone know a decent guide for Balance PvP, specifically RBG's. I'm getting a bit annoyed atm that in any 1v1 situation, without CD's my damage is subpar and I never get any SS proc's to cause significant damage, against Warriors it's really getting frustrating when they can outheal my damage with Second Wind.

I'm currently at the first Haste breakpoint, with 32% crit and 30% mastery. When I look at the top players they all seem to be doing their own thing, many seem to be between 6-9k haste, some even stack mastery.

From others experience what seems to be working out the best for you right now in PvP? Or are we just in a bad place after the SS proc nerf. Multitarget isn't much of an issue, it's mainly DPS when having to kite melee that's a problem.
    I was actually looking for the same thing not long ago. The PvP Moonkin theorycrafting sector is as barren as the Moon. Everyone seems to be doing what feels best, lot of anecdotes circle the community and even the top pvpers don't seem to be doing anything close to similar with each other. Some stack haste to infinity, others intellect, others crit.

And if you ask you can get the occasional "PvP is only mad skillz yo, maths don't teech u how to play bro"

Edit: Most credible stuff I've found was for arena but for RBG that I'm only interested, nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I was actually looking for the same thing not long ago. The PvP Moonkin theorycrafting sector is as barren as the Moon. Everyone seems to be doing what feels best, lot of anecdotes circle the community and even the top pvpers don't seem to be doing anything close to similar with each other. Some stack haste to infinity, others intellect, others crit.

And if you ask you can get the occasional "PvP is only mad skillz yo, maths don't teech u how to play bro"

Edit: Most credible stuff I've found was for arena but for RBG that I'm only interested, nothing.
    After getting the Prideful chest piece I've gone for the 2nd breakpoint so I'm now at 28% crit and 25% mastery unbuffed (the joys of Blacksmithing). I've ignored PvP Power set bonuses and gemmed 320 haste, afaik from what I've read the PvP Power bonus ain't worth it.

The playstyle feels a lot better with the faster gcd, especially when multidotting, I'm guessing the 2nd breakpoint will be the thing to go for this season. I've not encountered any 1v1 yet though.

My armory is this one: http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/characte...Todoida/simple
    im using norushen h wf gloves and the heroic tier helm. I have the heroic tier gloves and the heroic (not wf) helm from dark shamans.
    Im doing right by using the gloves from norushen and the helm from thok// or i should change both itens/ got a little confused here
    thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Todoida View Post
    Im doing right by using the gloves from norushen and the helm from thok// or i should change both itens/ got a little confused here
    thanks for the help
    Have you tried putting what you have (and what you are wondering,too!) into Wrathcalcs to see what general numbers/prospects it gives you? That should be your first go to.
    Last edited by Avaerice; 2014-03-06 at 08:59 PM.

I would go for the option the maximises HC tier and HC WF pieces.