Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Shrooms are only used to proc trinkets, there is no reason to use CA earlier.

I didn't mean to use CA earlier, I meant to wait until you have trinkets + CA to pop them. But I guess with your opener you have nothing that might proc trinkets other than mushrooms. I've seen people precast Wrath to try to proc trinkets but then you lose 1 gcd of starfall and possibly 1 gcd less of Inc depending on where you are in your eclipse when it expires. So I guess it comes down to if 1 tick of starfall is worth extra shroom dmg.

Oh wow thank you so much Glurp this is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    Why do you pop shrooms before CA? Does it not scale with it? Or you just use it to try to proc your trinkets?
    You would also be still in Solar which would make 0 difference for Mushrooms, as CA does not increase damage directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    You would also be still in Solar which would make 0 difference for Mushrooms, as CA does not increase damage directly.
    Sorry misunderstood about CA. Thought it was giving bonus eclipse dmg. But nonetheless, Mushrooms must scale with trinkets, jade spirit, eng gloves, tricks (lol yeah right).

Sorry misunderstood about CA. Thought it was giving bonus eclipse dmg. But nonetheless, Mushrooms must scale with trinkets, jade spirit, eng gloves, tricks (lol yeah right).
    Even so, they are used to proc trinkets so you get buffed CA dots.
    I'm sure the damage is negligible at best.
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2014-05-10 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I'm sure the damage is negligible at best.
    I totally agree the dmg gain is negligible on single target. But on a fight like dark shaman or nazgrim, i'd think getting that dmg gain x4 or x25 is more significant. Would rather try to proc my trinkets with a wrath in that case.

I totally agree the dmg gain is negligible on single target. But on a fight like dark shaman or nazgrim, i'd think getting that dmg gain x4 or x25 is more significant. Would rather try to proc my trinkets with a wrath in that case.
    On dark shamans you'll still want to blow mushrooms for procs because you'll want to be using DoTs straight after on all the targets, using a Wrath or something to proc trinkets essentially wastes 1.5 seconds of your cooldowns. On Nazgrim you blow them to get them to get a meta proc because Hurricane snapshots Haste and Hurricane is going to be much more important than Mushrooms for AoEing on pull.

For a fight like Sha of Pride you'll want to do the Lunar opener and leave your mushrooms until they line up well with being in a Solar eclipse during a large amount of Reflections spawning.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-05-10 at 02:21 PM.

Hello, everyone. i have a question about solar opener. Do you use it on Single target boss too ? like jug, malko thok, siege? i generaly use the pre-lunar opener on every single boss. I use solar on protector, shaman, galakras.
    Should i use solar opener for single target too now? i have 569 ilvl, meta gem and cloak.

Do mushrooms each have a chance to proc trinkets? So you get 3 chances instead of just one from a cast?

Do mushrooms each have a chance to proc trinkets? So you get 3 chances instead of just one from a cast?
    Yup and I would also guess also for each target they hit

Deleted
    Hello guys! I appreciate threads like these, and worships people replying!
    I have tried to look through the thread a bit, but I haven't been able to find if there are responses to the question I have. So I'll ask. Sorry, if I skipped it somewhere.

A perfect macro for Starsurge procs would be one that cancels your current cast and casts Starsurge, IF:
    you are casting any spells except Starfire where your casting is more than 50% done and if your current cast is Starsurge.

The reasons are, when I use a stopcasting macro for my surge, I can't spam it on pull, as I want it to queue up after my GCD. I have to press it once not to stop it's own casting. So if you could have a macro that doesn't stop casting if the cast is a starsurge.. you see?
    2nd reason. I have heard/read that you shouldn't cancel a Starfire if you're more than 50% through the cast, as that would be a DPS loss. Wrath is not worth it if you can stop it for a Starsurge instead.

So that macro should stop casting spells, but not if it's a Starsurge or a Starfire above 50% casted off.
    Is this possible? Would solve problems as it only stops casting when it's worth it.
    Get my point?

Thank you in advance.

Making a macro like you want is impossible.

Canceling casts to use Starsurge is going to be a DPS loss in 99% of situations and in the 1% of situations where it is actually an increase to do so it is going to such a negligible difference it won't effect your DPS at all. For that reason you should not cancel your casts to use Starsurge procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Making a macro like you want is impossible.

Canceling casts to use Starsurge is going to be a DPS loss in 99% of situations and in the 1% of situations where it is actually an increase to do so it is going to such a negligible difference it won't effect your DPS at all. For that reason you should not cancel your casts to use Starsurge procs.
    I've found a situation like this. When you're one starfire/starsurge away from Solar and your NG is gone because of movement/multidotting(protectors i.e). Then cancelling early into a SF-cast(~1.8 castime) would actually benefit you by casting a SS and going into Solar to put up your strong dot and start casting more spells with NG.

As for macros

Code:
    #showtooltip Starsurge
    /cancelqueuedspell
    /cast Starsurge
    Is for cancelling whatever you have qued up as next spell.

Code:
    #showtooltip starfire
    /castsequence [@target, harm, nodead][@targettarget, harm, nodead][] Starfire
    /use [@target, harm, nodead][@targettarget, harm, nodead][] Starsurge
    This one is more advanced. IF you get a SS procc during casting SF then this macro will cast the SS instantly after the SF is finished casting. Will help you if you have MS-trouble or slow reactiontimes. You can just change SF to Wrath if you want it to other way around as well

Credit to Lappé from Paragon for sharing these macros in his livestream

As for your request. Something that thinks "If" would be considered botting and therefor not allowed in the game. You're not making the decision, the computer is.
    Last edited by mmoc8b4759a3a8; 2014-05-12 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Added credit

Quote Originally Posted by Gelios View Post
    I've found a situation like this. When you're one starfire/starsurge away from Solar and your NG is gone because of movement/multidotting(protectors i.e). Then cancelling early into a SF-cast(~1.8 castime) would actually benefit you by casting a SS and going into Solar to put up your strong dot and start casting more spells with NG.
    You say it's an increase but you don't mention how much of an increase. Personally I think you'd get more DPS by saving the SS proc for the 1.5 seconds so it did ~50% more damage in Eclipse.

The first macro you linked really isn't worth suggesting to people because it's going to cause them more harm than good in 99.9% of situations because it messes with spell queuing. The second macro you linked I've never seen before so I tried it, it also works fine but it's impossible to queue spells due to it being a cast sequence so I don't see that ever being a DPS increase.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-05-13 at 12:38 AM.

I'm w/ Glurp on this, I don't really see those macro's being a DPS increase because of how they mess w/ spell queuing

New upgrades going to change the BiS? at least im going to focus into more mastery now. Try to balance it out somewhat now, but even at 578 i cant really get too much crit because of super high movement fights like paragons and a bit of garrosh. Thoughts? maybe it will just be shifting to more mastery. I'd assume another haste BP is out of the picture?

one thing is for sure though.. you can kiss goodbye your expertise/crit gems

dinomancer ring will get a boost to prevent hit capping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    one thing is for sure though.. you can kiss goodbye your expertise/crit gems

dinomancer ring will get a boost to prevent hit capping.
    I try to avoid that to some degree already. I'll definately use exp/crit gems if its a huge stat (usually 200-300+ mastery) boost, or the reforge option is way better, otherwise I try to stick with int/crit. You can tweak AMR slightly and drop the value of mastery by .1 or so and look at some different setups, often to trade ~equal amounts of mastery to crit atm.

I think every neck has hit or spirit, and all but 1 ring (dino as you mentioned) has spirit or hit, so it might be tight to not go over hit cap.

Mastery will possibly gain a lot of value on low movement fights but it likely won't be worth changing your gearing for as the amount of low movement fights in this tier is extremely low (even non-existent depending on your strat). Similar to what Ele Shamans have in that Haste is their best stat for pure single target but no one bothers changing gearing for it since Mastery is infinitely better for AoE/cleave.

Trolls may want to look at the 10779 breakpoint which gives a breakpoint for Meta + Bloodlust + Berserking as well as 10681 which is Meta + Berserking as it may become difficult to actually drop your Haste down to the level it's at now with the increased stats on gear and higher amplification trinket value.

If you can get one to play with it may be worth looking into Black Blood of Y'shaarjj too as fights will likely start dropping well under the 4 minute mark which means you miss out on the 3rd proc of Bindings which was generally lined up with your second use of cooldowns. I believe Black Blood's int proc also gains a lot of value for us as it shifts more of our total damage into the opener (with the 10779 breakpoint at 10 stack BBoY DoTs especially) which could work out well given shorter fight lengths. Also with increases stat levels on gear Bindings may lose a lot of value as the Spirit and Haste amplification lose value due to being way over cap (especially if you don't have a non-spirit offpiece and thok ring).
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-05-14 at 05:51 AM.