Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    I mean, it happens like maybe 1-2 casts maximum per pull and that's being picky about it, but I really would like to know things that aren't apparent that I've already figured out about myself, otherwise I wouldn't bother posting a log to ask what else is there.
    Get Balance Power Tracker, it'll solve those problems instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much dps do you think a 560 ilvl moonkin with a normal weapon, and no purified bindings of immerseus should be doing on a "Patchwerk" type fight, going to use heroic nazgrim as an example (Not exactly patchwerk, with some adds and stuff)

I feel like I'm doing less then I should, I see videos of moonkins doing like 150k more then me, they have like 15 ilvls on me but damn, still. Does purified bindings matter that much? I'm using regular black blood still+heroic Toxic totem.
    You're a towel.

Use Simcraft. It won't be 100% accurate but it's going to be a lot more accurate than people randomly guessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am usually within 10% one way or the other of simcraft, usually extremely close or just under. I have to move a lot, and use tranq on pretty much every fight so I think that is pretty much why. Its just I see videos/logs of people just blowing my dps out of the water, I know I am "Undergeared" (comparetively) but man its like a 150k+ difference. I find it hard to believe that 15-20 ilvls could be THAT much lol..

My entire group is pretty undergeared, highest ilvl is ~567 I think, so our kill times are slightly long.
    You're a towel.

There's something I haven't found an answer for yet. With NG+heroism+meta gem, Starfire has a 1 second cast time. It hits harder than Starsurge as well, by a large margin (in my gear).
    Would it be better to ignore SS during NG+hero+meta gem, if I don't have to move of course?

Also, anyone else seeing this?
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2014-08-14 at 02:02 AM.

Starsurge does more damage than Starfire, I'm not sure why you think otherwise.

Deleted
    And SS crit up the duration of both moonfire and sunfire

Quote Originally Posted by Bouletos View Post
    And SS crit up the duration of both moonfire and sunfire
    Now that is a good point however. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Starsurge does more damage than Starfire, I'm not sure why you think otherwise.
    Not with my gear, no. 1M SF, 800k SS crits is what I'm seeing. That's why I'm here asking.
    I should clarify that this is with NV+CA+Incanartion as well, using solar opener.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2014-08-14 at 10:55 PM.

They have pretty much the same base damage (SS has a bigger range though) and SS has 20% more SP scaling. You're seeing wrong. You'd literally need negative spellpower for Starfire to do more damage under the same conditions.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-08-15 at 06:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one annoyed that other casters can easily outdps us, even if we play better than them? A expert moonkin can easily be beat on damage by a mediocre warlock. Shame, really.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Am I the only one annoyed that other casters can easily outdps us, even if we play better than them? A expert moonkin can easily be beat on damage by a mediocre warlock. Shame, really.
    I still have fun competing with my guilds warlocks. I beat them occasionally.

I'm not really too worried about our DPS, it's pretty good right now. And as long as tuning doesn't rape us, we're gonna be amazing in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Don't feel bad if a warlock beats you they are easily the most OP dps right now. Balance dps is still pretty good especially on multi target you shouldn't really have that much of a problem competing.

Deleted
    NG should be dropping off unless you get lucky procs, the problem I see with your log is massive inconsistencies with how long NG drops for each time. Generally if you are properly following the right priority the downtime between NGs should be reasonably consistent.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...4false%2416886

So for me the reason i am doing shit damage after reading the thread is i am emphasising too much on starsurge procs in my rotation as i was wrongly under the impression that this was where the damage was. Instead i should have a much better saturation of eclipsed nature's grace dots per eclipse to maximise my dot damage ultimately taking it above the damage of my starsurge.

In addition one question i have is. If there are just the three main bosses up on Protectors, would you bother applying both sets of dots to all three or just both dots to primary target and eclipsed dots to the other two.

What i have always struggled with is what is the ultimate dotting amount you should be doing, i.e. when should you/should you not apply the non eclipsed dot based on how many targets there are.

This together with a lack of focus on maximum eclipsed dots during nature's grace i think is ultimately my failing but i may also be casting non eclipsed dots when perhaps i shouldn't be. For me it's a balance in having enough dots up to cause enough procs for starsurge to take me to the next eclipse cleanly.

You can see from my log though that the nature's grace is not consistent in its uptime and therefore, i am making mistakes here and it is costly. I know for example in this log i only used one set of 3 minute cooldowns but that's not the bit i'm worried about as that was just a retarded mistake, its the way i'm applying dots and using starsurges that i'm concerned with. I also didn't know it was best to focus on the despair adds in bubble phase i had just been doing the two outside and the bosses as that is what you are supposed to do typically.

Here is a better log with higher uptime on nature's grace but moonfire and sunfire are still suffering against starsurge.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...uras&source=10
    Last edited by mmoc2ec031eeeb; 2014-08-27 at 01:14 PM.

If i ever come to a point where i am out of an eclipse, and no NG buff either as well as dots about to fall off very soon am i doing something wrong? In that case, do you refresh them or wait till next eclipse, or just stop going into that situation all together lol?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    If i ever come to a point where i am out of an eclipse, and no NG buff either as well as dots about to fall off very soon am i doing something wrong? In that case, do you refresh them or wait till next eclipse, or just stop going into that situation all together lol?
    Depends. I know this forum gets that a lot, especially for Moonkins but it is what it is.

Depends on how long you gonna be out of an eclipse = How far on the bar and if there is gonna be any other factors other than casting that will delay it e.g movement, cc. Also if you can A.Communion or not.

Balance is full of judgement calls and it's why most of us love it

Switched to boomkin as my main from my mage for the rest of this tier and WoD. I just got the 4-set and at 17.7k crit. Is it advisable to drop my crit to dump some into mastery or keep it as is? Obviously I will gain more as my gear is upgraded completely. I just didn't know how the 4-set played into our crit value. Any help is much appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Switched to boomkin as my main from my mage for the rest of this tier and WoD. I just got the 4-set and at 17.7k crit. Is it advisable to drop my crit to dump some into mastery or keep it as is? Obviously I will gain more as my gear is upgraded completely. I just didn't know how the 4-set played into our crit value. Any help is much appreciated.
    42% crit is a nice amount if the fights are quick sub three minute. If the fights are longer than that for your guild you might favour slightly more crit to ensure more procs but in essence you want to up your mastery to increase overall damage.

Currently i have 15381 Crit and 12011 mastery unbuffed. This seems to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadEarz View Post
    42% crit is a nice amount if the fights are quick sub three minute. If the fights are longer than that for your guild you might favour slightly more crit to ensure more procs but in essence you want to up your mastery to increase overall damage.

Currently i have 15381 Crit and 12011 mastery unbuffed. This seems to work well.
    Fight length has absolutely nothing to do with crit vs mastery.

What's your take on crit value with the 4-set?

But it has everything to do with fight length. Mastery >>> Crit in the opening burst easily and the shorter fight, the more meaning the initial burst has.